BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Wanted, a silver fox :)

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Wanted, a silver fox :) Empty Wanted, a silver fox :)

Post by Night Baron Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:18 am

I will let this stay not as prompt to certain RP but to all my threads, present and future.

I am looking for someone to play D.I. Greg Lestrade for Mystrade or variants of it (negotiable). S/he must be able to play him as an equal with my Mycroft. I don't want a submissive Lestrade, that kind of thing always end up with the burden of driving the storyline forward fall mostly on my shoulder and that is not acceptable. Let's be partners in free-flowing RP where our characters have their own minds and live in event-driven world complete with its uncertainty. Let your imagination shape our RP's universe. I am always open for negotiation should you want help for certain mini plot, just PM with the complete proposal and I will dig further should I need more information.

Please bear in mind that if we are exchanging PMs and or involved together in a storyline, a notification of absence in advance would be most appreciated. I try to not make people waiting for reply (max 24 hours) and in return I expect my partner to keep their commitment. Tell me if you need more time or even a time off, else I tend to see your absence as 'hit and run' and that would guarantee that I mark you in my book as a wishy-washy person. In that kind of situation, cut loss is a logical course to take.

Scared yet? Don't be, that's just to spare both of us from unnecessary pain later.

I am not much for lovey-dovey and 'sensitive' main theme. That is to say that focus on feelings make me impatient really fast. I prefer adventure, mystery, strategy, politics, psychology, drama with a smattering of romance.

Thank you for reading this until the end. I am looking forward to play with you. ^-^

Edit: I don't usually roleplay with OC-player because most of their creations turn to be Mary Sue and Gary Stu. It is good if they can pull it off but if not... I can detect pathetic attempt for pissing-contest from miles away and frankly it is very off-putting. If you create an OC, make sure you can backup his or her expertise to high degree else it only will paint you as an insecure moron.

Last edited by Night Baron on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Job : Playing Lestrade as a snarky and gruff, grey haired man!
    Hobbies : Police-ing. Being Lestrade. Shouting not my division.

Wanted, a silver fox :) Empty Re: Wanted, a silver fox :)

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:49 pm

You have piqued my interest^^
    I would love to play the silver fox to your umbrella man and we seem to share the same ideals on our mutual distaste for overly lovey dovey and gushy emotional plots. They're boring:) and frankly I can't write smut or the like anyway. I would love to RP with you and if a broad storyline is laid out before hand I can help drive the plot with Lestrade instead of letting him be a background character.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Welcome, GregtheGoldfish. Smile Please tell us more about the do(s) and don't(s) of playing with you, more detailed the better.
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:02 pm

Mmm. I'm not particularly picky about whom I RP with....
    Do's- RP with action, and intellectual subjects (psychology, drama, and other such genres, along with a healthy amount of realism).
    Err... Be patient if I mess up and put something wrong. I sometimes do this when I am typing at school and I will fix it if you ask me or tell me to (I don't mind being told to fix something so it flows better)
    Do whatever you like, cursing, violence, gore, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    .... Can't think of much else. I'm honestly okay with pretty much anything as long as the person is literate and educated in some manner on basic grammar (note: My grammar can be a bit wonky, but if it bothers you just let me know!)
    Do tell me if I don't play Greg in canon enough... I kinda see him differently then most people and I make him curse quite often (in his head mainly) and he is more tough. He only lays down and shuts up for Sherlock because he knows that the git is helpful and he can't complain no matter how much he wants to. In Mycroft's case he will get up in his posh face and demand answers and reasons for what's happening!^^ I dislike when people play Greg as a dog that rolls over on his belly in submission, I think he only does it for the greater good of everyone in some cases, but otherwise I imagine he is a grey haired spit fire with a foul mouth.

Don'ts-
    ........... Don't try and force romance in a plot. If the plot isn't focused on heavy rromance or going in that direction don't play it in. Its awkward and it will sound forced. (Though I think you already know that!^^)
    Don't write smut for smut's sake. I'm not a touchy feely person in real life and I dislike some forms of intimate contact, but if it is necessary I will RP it.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:29 pm

In this land of alternate universes, a spitfire Greg is very much welcomed. He's not a Sherlock-adoring fanboy even in canon and being a team leader it is to be expected that he would be strong in character. Smile

Do you have example of a story or two that you enjoyed, complete with explanation why you like it? It will give everyone here clear picture of your preference.

GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:08 am

--can't post the link. Too new apparently....--- Its called "Human Remains" by Saziikins.----

I'm currently reading this! I don't read fan fiction that often and I usually stick to novels and old time literature but I found this on a fic rec list. I haven't read all of it yet, but it seems promising so far. I like the way they portray Lestrade. He enjoys his new position of power and exercises it well even on his first day as DI and when Sherlock comes into the picture Lestrade heeds what the Holmes says, but he doesn't take his crap and even slams the door on him. He is contemplative and thoughtful in the story and the insight into how he thinks is intriguing.^^

There are other stories I have read but I don't quite remember the titles or what they were exactly about, but Lestrade usually was a side char. Unfortunately, but when he was in it he was always snarky and the first to speak their mind and to ask Sherlock to speak normally or to tell Mycroft off for being a daft git and expecting him to follow orders and be okay with black cars picking him up and taking him random places:)
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:42 am

I know that story, Saziikins is also one of the several authors who I followed.

Alright, I have a rough estimation about your taste. Do you have certain idea about what you want to try? I certainly hope that you have at least a seed of it because right now I am drawing blank, lol.
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 am

Plot wise... We could do something along the lines of where the government begins to fall apart, someone on the inside has it out for other departments and one of then happens to be Mycroft's. People have to go into hiding, someone takes over forcing martial law (if that's a thing in Britain) and total rule over the land with terror and violence.

Um honestly i dunno. But something that forces Mycroft out of his element and out of control would be nice.^^ they can go rugged and under cover trying to figure out what happened, how to fix it, etc.

Honestly just some actions, adventure, drama, politics, psychological and actual warfare in a modern everyday London...

Also as for the characters themselves maybe just they're themselves up to season 1 or so and then it goes AU??? I don't really know... Ideas, thoughts??
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 am

Until the "Out of control would be nice," I thought that you want a dark!Mycroft who finally got enough of staying in the shadow and then decide to take control of the commonwealth itself, lol.

Are you prepared to supply the necessary information and data such as the political landscape, the major players and all that entitled from strategic point of view, the state of the economy (aka the money flow etc) and military? We know from the series itself that Mycroft is on some sort of role that need a great deal of strategy, to me it is translated that warfare is something right on his alley. My Mycroft will be chuckling darkly and rubbing his hands together with glee at that kind of prospect, lol.

On the other hand, you want a Mycroft that is out of his depth to certain degree. Human Remains make sense as it depicted how his world clashes with Greg's in more personal way with smattering of cases and secret service hush-hush to complicate things. In that one, Mycroft and Greg often misunderstand each other since their ways of thinking and acting are largely alien to each other. That is the more subtle approach than outright urban warfare.

Unless, you want Greg as the one on the lead, so to speak. A scenario where Mycroft simply didn't know what to do and have to defer to D.I. Lestrade's expertise.
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:57 am

I will try my best to supply all the necessary information (though keep in mind I'm not British so I will have to rely on Wiki and other sources for how Parliament and a Monarchy function... Also how their economy fluctuates and functions as well....)

Honestly whatever you prefer is fine! I'm up for all your mentioned scenarios and whichever you think will be best for you and the most enjoyable would be the best option!

On the leading thing I think that they would have a sort of thing where they trade off leadership based on the situation and butt heads when they try to lead at the same time or lead each other.Smile
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:23 pm

In accordance with your proposed scenario, please try to describe that kind of situation complete with the requirements

Second scenario ala Human Remains can revolve around their daily lives and the ties that bind the two in whatever capacity for each other.

Scenario three... The only thing that come to me right now is some sort of protection scheme with Lestrade attached as live-in bodyguard (won't he like it, not! lol) in a remote place when in reality, certain people want Mycroft 'out of commission' for awhile / not serving in his usual capacity as whatever his role is. Or, he was framed for something and because of some reason, have to follow the procedure, albeit not including staying in the Scotland Yard's detention facility.
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Scenario three seems most favorable to me. A reluctant live in body guard would be funny and interesting and not much in depth detail would have to go into the political side of things, only a few names and reasons for targeting Mycroft in particular. Which would make it easier on my end because i started doing research and realized that 'hey, British politics are wonky.' But i found out Mycroft is basically the brain trust of the British Government and thus why he is considered sometimes 'the' British government. He is the guy everyone consults on plans, what to do, and the like. He holds the all the cards when it comes to information and people. He is the Big Brother of Britain and has the scoop on everyone and everything that he can get his hands on. So perhaps someone frames him to get him out of commission so they can do something nefarious or Mycroft started to uncover a scheme (a money or political election/selection scheme...) and the person disliked it....

Just throwing ideas out....
    -----------------

Also Second scenario looks fun. It would be simple and sweet and perhaps Greg and Mycroft get to tied up in a case or in a criminal masterminds' scheme and stuff ensues. They could get on each others nerves and in each others hair about stuff!^^
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:57 pm

*snickers* How about combining scenario 2 & 3? First case would be the protection scheme and then after it finished, come scenario 2. Greg get pulled by his superior officer and get the assignment (aka babysitting someone high up in the food chain), paid leave for how long it deemed necessary. The gist is, they gave him a gun and ammo, which later will be useful when certain assassin(s) come to visit their nook. A reluctant bodyguard and an unwilling 'captive' who is not pleased to be placed in such a 'in the middle of nowhere' place and away from his centre of web.
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Sounds good to me!^^ Should be fun and I can't wait for pouting moody Mycroft complaining about in the middle of nowhere cottages with little to no cell signal!

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:40 pm

I like that image, rofl!

Go ahead, make the thread with Lestrade's first appearance. Do you have certain preference for their place of exile on the map? It will affect about what the unlikely duo can do in there.
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:00 pm

No particular preference or anything for the exile location.

And i will post a start the thread tomorrow morning, its late where i live unfortunately....:'(

I plan on having him in his office or the like in Scotland Yard and perhaps the news is brought to him or something... And then yah. Chaos ensues! Also going to play with his background a bit and give him some special ops./military training but say he dropped out due to some minor health related issue (eyesight, hearing, or his smoking habit got him lung troubles...something like that)

Would that be okay with you?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Both are a good idea and his special force background could be the reason why he was chosen for this particular duty (beside the fact that he was a known acquaintance of Mycroft. If Mycroft is under investigation then it would make sense to ensure that his contact in the Yard also cannot interfere in case of the serious criminal division is also under scrutiny).

Goodnight, GregtheGoldfish. Sleep well. ^^
    GregtheGoldfish
    GregtheGoldfish

Post by GregtheGoldfish Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:05 am

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Updating this thread:

Partner with sustained initiative wanted. I prefer someone who will pull his/her own weight in a roleplay. Passivity & submissiveness often translated as unwillingness to put a substantial effort in a joint project that an RP session is while wanting to reap the benefits (read blood-sucking leech). If you are one of these people and I happen to show interest on you, please consider this before saying "Yes". I would not be offended by rejection as long as you describe the reason (such as, "Our play styles are not compatible together because...."). It is better that way, we will part in good term rather than you say " Yes" while actually not meaning it. Some people feel that I am too intense for their taste, which is a reality that I also aware of.

In regards of saying "Yes," as lip-service, your only warning is directly tied with my 'intensity'. Better be truthful since from the very beginning than suffer the consequences later because you are too timid to say "No". There is one example already here about what I do to someone who think they can misuse my trust and get away with it.

I am sort of a Mycroft specialist. My characters tends to be dark!Mycroft to varying degrees, the calculating and ruthless spymaster who can send someone down of his/her luck to early grave while maximizing the gain and not losing sleep later. Case in point, Irene Adler. Sending her into the hands of a terrorist group is not only as a bargaining chip but also to send message to her fellow 'businesswomen' that tangling with certain powerful people is like handling a pressure-triggered bomb. Besides, she could be accused as a foreign agent on a honey trap assignment, just pick which country that will shoulder the bad rap. Smile I am not squeamish, torture (physical and or psychological) and sex often involved in the game but they are never the end goal. They are tools to be used when the situation call for it. You see, it is all business as usual. Smile That is not to say that my characters are evil. SHERLOCK is a series full of multilayered grays and the water Mycroft's is playing at is definitely murkier than his little brother's. That water is home for sharks, crocodiles and a whole host of other nasty creatures, wussy character will not survive there.

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 am

After the mutilation of Mycroft's character at The Final Problem (S4 Eps. 3) some people think that what had been depicted there is entirely plausible and showing the 'humane' side of him. Fortunately I am not one of them. After a period of hiatus someone had relit my taste for MyStrade, so if there is someone there up to the challenge then feels free to write here. We would discuss each other's expectations as well as the dos and don'ts.

A friend had called me, 'The lovechild of Mycroft Holmes and Jim Moriarty with a dash of Irene Adler on top,' which probably is quite accurate for assessment. I could be intimidating and forceful at times without meaning it to, that's just how I am as a person. I also had been called insensitive, hyper-rational and emotionally reserved. Well, isn't that how BBC's Mycroft Holmes was portrayed before the flaming trainwreck that is S4 Eps. 3? So if you are up to the fun and challenge, write here please. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am