BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Open roleplay for everyone

- Oliver -

Open roleplay for everyone  Empty Open roleplay for everyone

Post by - Oliver - Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:24 am

Heya! I was wondering if anyone was open to having a large scale roleplay, including Sherlock, John, Moriarty, etc; I'd be playing my own character [Oliver Lystander] as well, who would serve as an assistant to either or, depending. It would be open to other original characters as well. For the plot, Moriarty would be presumed dead; Sherlock and John would be investigating a case on a recent murder, in which Oliver would serve as a witness. Little did they know that he serves as a chess piece for Moriarty as to grow closer to them and their circle of trustees, in which the roleplay can and will take its natural course- the endings will be decided by everyone's characters and their decisions, which makes it all the more interesting. If anyone's up for it, go ahead and post. 8D

[Little info on Oliver-
    Oliver Lystander, at the age of 24, found himself in the world of detective work by a series of random encounters- the chap comes off as sheepish and reserved, often stumbling over his words and has worked as a butler of sorts for many privileged families, much unlike his own life was. This facade of his assists in him growing closer to suspects or witnesses, often obtaining information on various members of society through the family he works for, all while appearing docile. What further pushes his ruse of being submissive is the rounded eyes he bears upon his angular facial features, a verdant green that is mesmerizing no matter the lighting- blond curls fall upon his forehead, kept prim in order to assist his disguises. That being said, Oliver has only a lean appearance, with no notable muscles that would allow him to loom over others. Though the fellow more often than not asks for cigarettes in high stress situations in order to calm his nerves, he despises the aftertaste and the almost cloudy effect it leaves with him; however, he carries on with the habit to seem out of touch with his nerves and less likely to be a threat, being seemingly dependent. Oliver, thanks to his career, has a wide set of skills; whether it range from simple lock picking to certain strategies on investigations and murders, his actual persona a reserved man who speaks little, until one happens to grow closer to him. Wry and wise, he's not one to throw his weight about, but this side of him is near impossible to unravel, considering his two-faced habits of switching identities- he's prone to mood swings, charming and flirtatious as he can be one second to another. It's unknown if his true name really is Oliver, though it's for certain his last name has been forged; born in Manchester, he's resided in England ever since, his fragile persona being his post prevalent disguise. This is supposed to be a result of his childhood, where he bore little to no confidence because of an illness he carries to this day; though he allows it to be visible in his sheepish identity, Oliver has a hold on its effects on him in other scenarios. Oftentimes, he suffers from epileptic fits, fever, paleness, migraines; in which he postpones with medicine. However, this medicine shaves off more of his lifespan, leaving him in a lose-lose situation that pushed him to become apart of the detective world. The only problem? His life expectancy stretches to his mid thirties.]
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Open roleplay for everyone  Empty Re: Open roleplay for everyone

Post by Night Baron Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:16 am

Looks interesting. However, why all the secrecy about 'Oliver's' real identity? If he is about to tangle with Sherlock then it means he will come to the attention of a certain government official who like to know everything about all people who are involved in his little brother's life.
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Oliver's real identity is concealed from most; probably because his parents were Irish immigrants that were involved with trafficking to get by in life, and were later arrested. Not to mention he's most likely assisting Moriarty or some other malevolent figure in all of this, though he will be tangling with Sherlock in order to obtain further info. He's assumed multiple other personas before, so his trail is almost nonexistent. Alllmost.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Interesting. I will wait and see before jumping in, how much participants this RP get.
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Job : Doctor, Blogger, Assistant to Sherlock Holmes

Post by John Hamish Watson Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:23 am

It sounds interesting. I'd be up for it. Do you have a face claim for Oliver yet?
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 am

I wasn't able to find many that suited him, though I'll be looking through tonight; the roleplay will probably be made once a third person joins.
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:50 am

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:14 pm

I'll be the third person with an OC. What is face claim? Is that like we search a photo that represent how we think our character looks like?
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:43 am

Yeah, pretty much; I don't have one that represents Oliver, since I actually prefer to leave his appearance up to the description so it varies from person to person.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:03 am

I see.... a master of disguise.

Should I write my OC's bio here?
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:29 am

Go ahead!
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:57 am

Pictures: ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/72516923.html

Name: Andrew Sherrinford Paul Holmes, nicknamed Asp but call him that at your own risk. Sherry to select few, Mr. Holmes to everybody else.

Background: The most flamboyant and flashiest of Siger & Violet Holmes' offsprings. Seven years younger than Sherlock, he used to do some modelling (and other less than legal side jobs) to generate seed money to start his own business, now a producer of semiconductors. Officially he own a portion of a defense contractor company that supply Her Majesty's government with strategic information obtained by extensive satellites network. He lead the life of a party boy who wear his heart on his sleeves when it come to the matter of the opposite sex. Beneath the careless, devil may care act is a brain inherited from the genius Violet Holmes and morality of an alley cat as the guiding compass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:41 am