BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 37 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:57 am

Swat her over the head please. Until she agrees to join the dork side. Snicker.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 37 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:24 am

Lol, did that and got smacked back. The dork side, haha.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:26 am

Nod. The glorious and exciting side full of adventures and secrets only mentioned in the closest companies.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:38 am

Grins.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:45 am

So, figured out Katrina's dad's backstory yet?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Yeah, have you figured Katrina's dad's backstory? While I'm 'deducing' for Sherlock the hell out of Katrina's day.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:09 pm

I have the basic idea down. I incorporated a bit of Night Baron's idea from a few posts ago. Her dad is sent out to get Katrina's mom to fall in love with him so that he can find out important info. Only thing is, he gets too into it and develops feelings for her mom. Before he knows it, Katrina is there. He finally finds out the info, and unwillingly hightails it because he really loves Katrina and her mom. It's either he leaves and Katrina plus her mom stay safe (he wasn't expecting her to die) or he keeps the secret and all three get killed. Only thing is, the information would have to be important enough to be able to chase it over the course of many years. But this means that it could be the same information that our 'baddie' was after too. Or plot twist: her dad is on his side but isn't aware that Katrina temporarily is too. If her dad is on his side, then perhaps we could have him find out that her dad cares too much and attempt to kill Katrina and her mom to get him to speak out. Instead, the reports show that both parents died and our villain decides to use Katrina to get it out of Mycroft, who is rumoured to know the info. When the villian finds out that her dad is alive, an attempt at capture is made while keeping Katrina on track in case he dies. 

Bleh. My mind is running in circles and I'm confusing myself.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 pm

>> When the villian finds out that her dad is alive, an attempt at capture is made while keeping Katrina on track in case he dies.

So the villian decide to net all three people who either might know or could be useful. Might as well as toss Sherlock into the mix because he supposed to be an even better tracker of people than Mycroft. Who know that he might need additional incentive to sniff out the secret.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Exactly. And if someone turns out to be useless, they can be killed off. Or so our villian thinks.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Which one do you choose, dad on the side of the government or dad is a double agent of sort? Given that Mycroft Holmes is now hot on his trail, either his cover as a rogue civil servant blown or there is a misunderstanding because once he was captured, Mycroft will appear as a harsh authority figure and that's to further cement Katrina's believe about him as a no good man in great degree.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:39 pm

I say double agent.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Then dad will end up in prison, without trial. Of course, based on circumstantial evidences, it is Mycroft 'The British Government' Holmes' handiwork. Now I am thinking a scenario where dad trying to apply to both hunters' sense of fairness by saying that he's innocent and if the government have him, they will make him a scapegoat to cover an illegal scheme of theirs.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Hm. I'll have to spend more time thinking about this. I'll be busy tonight, so I'm signing off early today. Goodnight.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Goodnight Smile
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Goodnight / Goodmorning. Smile

Sorry the bullet points again.

Double agent. Do you mean he works for the country he is loyal to (UK) and pretends (undercover) to be working for another. Or he actually works for two countries betraying both?

Is it Brit gov sent dad to obtain info from? or about, Amaranthe, Trina's mother?

How, and why, would she have info of interest to Brit gov?

What is the info. Is it info that Amaranthe is a spy, a freelance assassin, scientist in bio weapons or what?

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Depends on the definition of 'agent', he could be just a collaborator for the secret service or he could be truly part of the secret service, which would make him a staff aka officer.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 am

I'm still mapping that out. During school today I'll draw a graphic organiser to gather my thoughts.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:29 am

^^ Whoo graphic organiser. Sounds like a posh 'map' of info and thoughts on paper.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:12 am

Very messy, not very posh.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:24 am

Like Sherlock's wall of clues and hypothesis? Very Happy
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:49 am

Sing along now, - "All tied up with string, these are a few of his favourite things" -
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:15 am

What rhythm with "Flowchart"? :lol?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:06 am

I've got writers block with the RP. I can't think of anything that's not just rubbish.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:17 am

A tip I read about online: write out that rubbish anyway. You never know if it will turn out to be amazing.  Just keep writing past the block. It's difficult for me because I'm such a perfectionist, but perhaps it will be of some use to you.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:23 am

Wink Maybe Katrina is the kind of typical woman who said no when it actually means try harder? Won't it be a challenge for Sherlock to find out whether she's the straightforward or the tricky type? Separating both are part of relationship in progress.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 pm