BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

4 posters

Mycroft For Hire!

Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Job : Published children's author (no, really!), and part-time graphic novellist
    Hobbies : Causing trouble, Writing short stories, and non slash fanfiction. Also, gaming.

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty Mycroft For Hire!

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Bored.

Would like to be someone's Mycroft. I do everything but smut, and being British irl might be of some assistance to understanding it's government, if need be. My ships and headcanons vary, so feel free to ask!
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Job : Assistant to Sherlock Holmes
    Hobbies : Reading, Blogging.

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty Re: Mycroft For Hire!

Post by His-Doctor Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:34 pm

If you have an idea I'd like to hear it. I'm also a Brit in rl. I have an idea for a plot though if you want one including John. I can play Sherlock as a drug user although I don't have rl experience of it. Sherlock would go missing and so Mycroft and John would go find and rescue Sherlock from wherever he is.

I can do 21st century, Abominable Bride sort of Victorian era (would love to do that John) or  1895. I don't mind if you make Mycroft spritely it's up to you, your Mycroft.

Other ideas
    Mycroft could maybe interview John fresh from the hospital and Afghanistan to recruit him to his staff. He either then works for Mycroft MI5 or MI6 and never meets Sherlock or it can be before ASiP.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Job : Published children's author (no, really!), and part-time graphic novellist
    Hobbies : Causing trouble, Writing short stories, and non slash fanfiction. Also, gaming.

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty Thanks for responding.

Post by Murder Most Foul Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:40 am

Thanks!

I think that Sherlock would be nice but there is no real reason he should be necessary. I like the idea of a rather condescending conversation over tea with John and Mycroft, that is perhaps interrogation in disguise. Sort of like a "Oh, how's life going....tell me everything about sherlock" type thing. John can eventually find out what's going on, I don't mind. It would be OOC if he didn't.
    That would be lovely, and it could take place as soon as John and Sherlock became flatmates.
    Modern time period is my place of excellence, but Victorian era would be quite amusing. I'd be fine with that!

As for appearance, I like the idea of a rather slender Mycroft, but at the same time having a certain obsession with food. My headcanon has always been that Sherlock has drugs, and Mycroft has rich food. Unhealthy, yes. Fat, not yet at least.

All in all, This sounds super fun and I want to start ASAP! Yay!

Best Wishes
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty P.S.

Post by Murder Most Foul Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:42 am

P.S. I don't remember what my location says, but I /live/ in America now, at least for the time being. Sorry if that's confusing. Born in England.
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:32 am

Cool! 21st century BBC-ish it is then. That could really work if we start it from the moment Sherlock and John become flatmates, so that's the timeline sorted. Yay!

Yeah, my headcanon is
    Mycroft somewhat tempted by / obsessed with rich food (unhealthy) tries to resist it.
    Sherlock solves crime to resist (unhealthy) temptation / obsession with drugs
    John, oh just give him a whiff of a mystery and he's tempted / obsession he's very curious and looks for an adrenaline fix.

Next we need a title for the RP. I'll start it or you can get us going when we have a title. BTW I put the names of players in brackets so it's clear it's not an Open Roleplay.

Haha I should make a couple of suggestions while I'm here.

A Study in Obsessions
    Moths and Flames
    Two Holmes and a Watson

Your go!
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty Yay

Post by Murder Most Foul Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:28 am

Ooh, my go then? Oh dear I'm rubbish at these.

Er...

So you want to be a flatmate?

The Doctor and The Deviant

Tea with the Queen

Private Investigation

That's about all I've got. Sorry if they're ghastly. Last thing to work out, and again I appreciate your haste greatly, who does the first post? If you would allow me to do the honor I would be very grateful, but if you'd rather do it, feel free to protest.

If you have no further quams, I'd love to get started! Very Happy *squee* I can't wait!

His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 am

You can do the starter post and I don't mind which title though Tea with the Queen tickles my funny bone. Post the link here if you wouldn't mind please so I can get straight on. Think we broke the land speed record for deciding what we'll do.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty Here we are

Post by Murder Most Foul Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:31 am

Here you go! So excited. and warning, i'm long winded.

https://sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t1125-tea-with-the-queen-mmf-and-his-doctor#45590
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Haha good. I thought oh whoopeee and smiled when I saw what you had written. Long is fine, thank you, it gives me something for John to react to. Smile
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty (writing)

Post by Murder Most Foul Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:10 pm

((nice! Im writing and reading now so please don't leave!)
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:35 pm

It's getting late for me - half one in the morning. I'll read it tonight but I'll have to write and post in the morning.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Mycroft For Hire!  Empty :)

Post by Murder Most Foul Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:39 pm

It's evening in California. Should have known. Well, read away then. and I'll try and survive waiting until you wake up in Britain. Smile
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:36 am

Your Mycroft reminds me of Stephen Fry's sorry if that wasn't your intention Shocked
    This has gone downhill -or is it uphill- to farce PDQ and I'm loving it. It's brilliant to find another writer who does humour.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 am

Oh I LOVE Stephen Fry. Jeeves and Wooster is a favorite, and A Bit of Fry and Laurie is also high on my list. It was not really my intention by I am more than flattered! Gosh.
    So glad to meet someone like you too!
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:58 am

Me again. In shooting an idea at you for the roleplay I suggested a plot idea to go with your idea. It was that Sherlock goes missing and Mycroft and John go find him.

We usually write a roleplay with an end in mind as a target to get to. So we should decide what the ending is to be. The ending of rescuing Sherlock could take maybe 3 months to a year to write. We can do a short RP instead. As long as we're on the same hymn-sheet it's fine, I'm happy to do a short RP. We both have 'day jobs' writing Smile

The other main thing abour RP's is you control a character you are playing. Most people agree it's the most god-awful sin to God-Mod. That's taking control of another players character. Ie, I can't say Mycroft smiles happily because he might be frowning furiously, only you playing him know how he'll react. Same goes for Sherlock we can't both control that character.

Sorry, I didn't manage to advance the plot this time I went blank for where to take it. Sad
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:36 am

Sorry for any God-Modding on my part.Embarassed  Me being still quite new here, I hope you understand that I do not fully understand all role-playing faux pas , but I appreciate your helping to educate me.
    I like the idea of the whole rescuing Sherlock thing. Again, sorry I didn't get it straight off, I can be incredibly blunt at times.  
    If we wrote it deftly, there would be no need to god mod sherlock, but that would require a lot of negative space in the plot (working around sherlock but having him be the center still). Nothing we can't do, but if you want to get another rp-er to be sherlock that would make our work easier.
    If not, we can continue without one, your move.

Smile
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:29 am

I'm happy to guide you, certainly don't want to chop your head off for being new to RP-ing. Lord, I wouldn't want to look at my first RP for all my faux pas. The main characters would be ours but I'll sort us the Sherlock. And I suffer from not explaining clearly so if I'm as clear as mud just poke me in the side until I make sense. Smile
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:30 am

You're funny. And how do you expect to find a Sherlock?
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:47 am

I have a Sherlock account Smile
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:56 am

Ahhhhh. Alright I'll do a bit of a timeskip, if you don't mind.
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:04 am

Yeah, sure do a timeskip. Shall I use my Sherlock account or not? We're a bit short of active members right now.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:15 am

Yes please, but im not finished yet! I'm multitasking today sorry.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:59 am

Hope I didn't God-Mod. Besides what I needed to advance the plot. *biting lip* pale
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:49 am

That's fine. You can say Mycroft texted Sherlock or rang his phone number. Sherlock's post would include reading the text or answering the phone call. Just give another player an option about how to react generally. Smile
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:26 am

Gotcha cat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:14 am