BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

I'm going to Hell anyways.

scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Job : Daydreamer
    Hobbies : Writing, singing, reading, listening to music, role-playing, watching all the shows, being a menace, socializing onliiiiine.

I'm going to Hell anyways. Empty I'm going to Hell anyways.

Post by scarcelySane Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:36 am

Right, so, sue me, but I recently created an OC for the series.
    You're not allowed to kill me just yet, hold your goddamn horses.
    Now, this OC is a female. She's young, around fifteen, so I am in NO WAY looking for this to become shippy.
    Here's the thing about my OC, though: she's very adept at covering up and changing her personality.
    What do I mean by that? I mean that, in a second, she can go from seeming to be your typical punk to the most lovely of people.
    She's very careful about doing it, and usually wears an outfit that can be flexible and convert itself to show at least two personalities. She makes these shifts in character on her own volition, and she loves the confused glances she gets every now and again.
    Also, she's a thief. As if the above wasn't bad enough.
    Her name is Cassiopeia, but she shortens it to "Cass". She lives in a nice little apartment all alone, no questions asked because she looks of a legal age and is an expert liar.
    Now.
    What I would absolutely adore would be either Sherlock, Mycroft or bloody Moriarty himself to come across her one day and be unable to tell who she was. Sherlock and Mycroft wouldn't be able to deduce her successfully, Moriarty would have the same done more or less.
    Later on, she moves in with one of the mentioned above. I want this basically be a sort of daily life thing while your character tries to understand mine out of pure stubbornness and fascination.
    I want your character to get frustrated and do or say something that triggers something in Cass and she slips up.
    I want 'em to regret it.
    Now, you can kill me.
    See ya, amigos.
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Job : Consulting criminal
    Hobbies : Skinning you.

I'm going to Hell anyways. Empty Re: I'm going to Hell anyways.

Post by J.Moriarty Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Totally in for this!
    scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Hobbies : Writing, singing, reading, listening to music, role-playing, watching all the shows, being a menace, socializing onliiiiine.

Post by scarcelySane Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:36 am

Holy crap.
    Am I permitted to hug you, you marvellous creature?
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:08 am

Why not?

Free world right?

Smile

Where do you want them to cross one another and what is the time difference between seeing each other the first time and then the second time?
    scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Post by scarcelySane Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 am

Well, yeah, but some people don't like hugs. Makin' sure not to overstep my boundaries here.
    'Sides, you might skin me! tongue
    -hugs-

Maybe coming across each other by complete chance on the streets would be an idea? Jim maybe catching sight of one of her complete changes in person and be ever curious? Cliche, but hey. Cliches are sometimes acceptable.
    And, hm...I'm not sure about the time stretch. Help me out a bit?
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:42 am

In terms of the time stretch, what did Jim first see her as and how many months, days, weeks had passed since he had seen the next change.

But, I'm very happy to do the catching a glimpse of a character change and Jim following after her Very Happy
    scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Post by scarcelySane Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:47 am

Hm...well, he'd definitely first see her portraying herself as a sweet little introvert. It's how you get yourself off the general radar, after all.
    And, I think...maybe after a few days he'd see the complete and utter switch.
    Like, I have this thing for assholes picking on my characters, so maybe some jackass decides to start picking on Cass and she isn't up for that shit on that particular day, so she goes from sweet little thing to someone that makes you go: "oh wow okay no thanks I don't want to get my neck snapped"
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:48 am

Sounds pretty solid to me, that would definitely be enough to send Moriarty her way.
    scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Post by scarcelySane Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:52 am

Cass: *changes*
    Moriarty: Wtf now I have to know.
    I am sorry for the above caption. XD
    anyways.
    Anythin' else you wanna ask? I'm open to all questions.
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:05 am

Hahah, no worries, it's cool Smile

What sort of pace do you want to set out for the thread? Fast paced, slow? Anything you're uncomfortable with?

Who wants to start would be a good one too!
    scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Post by scarcelySane Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:12 am

^^"

Anything we're both comfortable with, really. Hell, I wouldn't mind a few days of stalking, to be honest. Take it at any pace.
    As for anything making me uncomfortable...for this kind of RP, no. I really don't think so. You?

I feel like I should start, since I'm the one who put this up and all, but it's fine if you want to!
    Keep in min I'm simultaneously doing homework, so if I start it may be a bit delayed.
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am

I don't think anything currently could make me uncomfortable. I'll let you know if anything flags, but it shouldn't do!

Of course, no rush Wink
    scarcelySane
    scarcelySane

Post by scarcelySane Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:29 am

Dear Lord, I am so sorry for the long wait. I kinda got overwhelmed by the work yesterday ^^"
    I hope this starter is okay.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The definition of a charmed life is a very simple one for most people, isn't it? A charmed life; a life where you have everything you've ever wished for. That was one of the definitions, at least, and the most widely accepted. Of course, there will always be some people that would wail and moan about not having such a lovely life, or that the definition was wrong, but at least she wasn't one of those people.
    She.
    No, not "she", her name was Cassiopeia, though everyone would call her Cass, and she did indeed have a charmed life. She was free to do as she wished, free to roam the streets...free to put her gifts to the test.
    Now, Cass wasn't like any normal fifteen-year-old girl, oh no. She was something of a disguise extraordinaire in her own way. She hid in a very plain way, plain to her at least, which was basically to find a label of the social world and then impersonate said label. It was very easy, honestly, she just parroted what she saw others do, and perhaps added a few extra aspects to make it a solid act.
    In the beginning, it hadn't been all that successful an act. She'd sometimes run her wrist when she should've rubbed the back of her head, or occasionally wear the wrong thing, but slowly, as the years went by, she became better and better until her little circus act became flawless. It took more than a few bad run-ins with people of authority, but the end result was good.
    And, well, that was her gift. To be anyone she wanted, sometimes reaching into the opposite gender. It was...incredibly useful.

But, enough about that, she thought mildly to herself as she tossed up a Rubik's cube into the air and watched it as it fell in between the dark tyrian cushions of her couch. She was bored. And her money was beginning to run low.
    Cass sighed softly as she pushed herself up and off the bean bag on which she had spread herself across, making her barefooted way towards her own room. Her room was sparse, really, housing only a completely white double bed, a bedside table on either side of said bed, the East wall dominated by books in bookshelves and the West wall home to a sturdy oak desk with a laptop making nest on top of it. Everything was spotless, nothing to actually show who she actually was, and the floors were carpeted in a thick monochromatic carpet. Monochrome with a splash of meaningless colour. She liked it.
    "Innocence, innocence.." the female murmured to herself after she reached the wardrobe on the far end of the simple room. "No, innocence isn't believable where I'm going..introversion."
    Yes, introversion would be much better. Introversion, agoraphobia, maybe even wariness. That's what she needed, so that's what she searched for in the seemingly bottomless drawers and rows of clothing articles hanging from hangers. White shirt? No, black would be better. That got tossed onto the bed. Jeans, loose or tight? Hm...just right. Over to the bed. Plaid? Plaid. White, green and blue. Over to the bed this goes too. The socks didn't matter all that much in this scenario, so she simply allowed her slender fingers to close around a pair of black bundled socks and toss them back over her shoulder. Shirt, button up, trousers...ah, right, shoes. She had a lot of shoes, but finding the ones she wanted was easy. She simply scooped them out of the bottom of the wardrobe and over to where every other piece of her costume was.
    Wonderful, she thought as she half-smiled to herself. Time to put on a show.

She had to think differently from what she normally thought like. No plots until the chance to lie came around, no smiles of confidence or mildly arrogant tosses of her hair. No...nothing. She shut it all down before she stepped out of the cab. Cass the fifteen year old liar was gone completely, every detail of her down to the previously neat, short hair. Her brownish-red hair was slightly windswept, the occasional fluff sticking up now.
    "H-how much?" She asked softly, stumbling over her words as she did so.
    Ten pounds? Well..Cass just nodded silently and handed the man the money, immediately hopping out of the cab and swinging her bag over her slim shoulder. Slim, but not unhealthy. Pale, meaning she spent most of her time indoors. Didn't blink as often as others, a trademark of people that spent a lot of time online. She was good, very good, too good.
    She was Cass the awkward sixteen year old as she walked down the street with her head bent down, her Irish green eyes tracing the passing pavement lines as she went, and...
    Boom.
    She walked smack into someone, and let out a yelp of surprise. They swore. Loudly.
    "I'm- I'm so sorry!" Cassiopeia exclaimed, her Irish tone carrying through the air anxiously as she scrambled around to pick up what the male she'd walked into dropped. A few papers and his wallet, basically.
    Her fingers subtly in, and, being a magician and such, she briefly flickered into her old self and swiped the money before handing the wallet back to the man. He hadn't seen. Good.
    Back to being nervous.
    "H-here..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content