BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Smarter than you.

Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Smarter than you. - Page 8 Empty Re: Smarter than you.

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

Sherlock saw clearly the hope on the other's face as the door was left open, and his heart clenched tight in his chest again. He knew it was obvious, anyone would be relieved to know they didn't have to be prisoners any more, especially prisoners of a psycho like him, but one part of him still hoped for Jim to hesitate, to not want to leave him and never see him again.

When he appeared in the corridor, Sherlock's face was cold, distant, he was leaning on the door and moved only when Jim was close enough to see the key in his hand.
    "There is a car... it will bring you where ever you ask," he said simply, and unlocked the big door, slowly sliding it open.

Then he took Jim's phone from his pocket. "And here is your mobile... I hope you will give me time to disappear before you send your men to kill me..."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Post by James Moriarty Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 am

Jim stared confused at the detective. What was going on here? Was this some sort of trap? It would be an easy one, especially for someone as sophisticated as Sherlock. His eyes narrowed as he looked up.

"Why?" He whispered. "Or are you just trying to trap me?" He asked confused.

The offer however was tempting to take. His phone in his hands, a car to get him where ever he needed to be. He scoffed slightly at Sherlock's words. He hadn't even thought of sending his men over, strangely enough.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:00 pm

"Why, Jim?" he repeated, and shook his head. "You know very well why," he commented, and placed his mobile in Jim's hand. "It's game over, it's finished, I am finally setting you free," he said, and motioned to the clear sky outside, quite a rarity in London these days.

"You surely didn't think I was going to kill you, right?" he muttered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Everything is as it was, I haven't changed anything in your organization and it's just as powerful as it has always been... maybe even more..."
    He closed his eyes, and opened them again, looking into the other's pairs.
    "It was a pleasure to meet you, Jim."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Jim accepted his phone, looking briefly at it. He didn't understand what was happening, but his freedom was calling, it was appealing. But at the same time he didn't want to leave Sherlock. A sort of bound had been created. Sherlock had took his virginity and they had passionate sex earlier. How could Jim just leave it?

" I'll see you around." He whispered before walking out towards the car. He inhaled deep, fresh air had never felt so good. Jim didn't look back, he knew that if he would do so, he would turn around and just walk back into that building. Once in the car he ordered the man to drive to his home.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Sherlock's eyes moved restlessly on the other's face, watching every little expression as it changed, his heart beating fast in his chest.
    This was the end.
    "Right," was the only reply he could muster, as he tried not to reach out for Jim, not to ask him to stay. He knew he would just get rejected and he really didn't need this at the moment.

There was no reason for them to meet again, there was no way they could keep in touch, and there was no reason as well.

He watched him go, his eyes bearing in the other's back, waiting until the car disappeared and he slumped against the door.

What have I done all this for?

It all turned against me...
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Jim drove off. Off to his residence, the headquarter of his organization. Certain people knew something was wrong, that the person giving them orders had not been Jim Moriarty. One person particularly, his blonde sniper, was worried to dead when he saw Jim's face turning up again.

Jim didn't want to see anyone, he had to be alone and think. Think about what had happened in the passed weeks. His head buried deep in his hands as he leaned forward onto his desk. Sherlock's face coming to mind. He could send a team and kill him heartlessly. He could capture him and torture him twice as bad, use him as a punching bag for bad days. But Jim didn't move. The bound Sherlock had managed to left him with was strong and Jim knew it was far from appropriate. Sherlock had been rather good to him, he didn't destroy his organisation, he didn't hurt him much and most of all, he let him free to go.

The next couple of months, Jim tried to look for Sherlock but he seemed to be gone, off the planet and Jim took it he had fleet. Probably even scared of Jim's response. As another few seasons passed Sherlock was nothing more then a memory he kept inside the back of his mind.

That evening Jim was getting ready for a rather dangerous mission. He had to break in to an office of a corrupt political figure. Valuable information was stored inside there and Jim knew the perfect way to get to it. Tonight he would attend the Governmental New Years reception. He had managed to get himself and some of his men onto the guest list.

Wearing his best Westwood suit he stepped into the car that would bring him there. Things had to be done subtle and he couldn't possible effort getting in the spotlights tonight.
    About an hour later he arrived, the door being opened by another fancy dressed up male. Jim nodded politely and made his way to the entrance.

Inside he kept himself somewhere between the left corned and the middle, his eyes scanning over the place. His men already in position, it seemed. This night couldn't go wrong.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:02 am

Sherlock had tried to forget.
    Laying low for a few months had kept him busy enough, but the truth that he wouldn't admit to himself was that Jim was always in his thoughts.
    It was a kind of longing quite foreign to Sherlock, it was the need of the flesh, but also the pining of his heart, because as different as they were, there was no doubt that he and Jim were kindred spirits, as sick and mental as that sounded.

When he was sure no one was looking for him, Sherlock went back to his job, pretty much the only thing that would keep him off the drugs.

Tonight was no different, he was here on his brother's invitation to check on a few moles they had found in their staff, the only reason the detective decided to attend was that the case had turned out to be more complex than what it seemed at first, and Sherlock needed a distraction.

He wasn't in for chit chatting though, and by the end of his second drink he had managed to piss off half the ladies in the room. They were just silly, thinking they could get his attention just because they were pretty.

"You are Mycroft's brother, aren't you? I have heard great things about you," said this one, batting her eyelashes at him.

Sherlock would have shot her down rather quickly, but when he looked at her to deduce what she was up to, his grey eyes met the frame of an elegant man standing by the refreshment table that made his heart freeze in his chest.

"What?" He exclaimed, pale, as if he had just seen a ghost. Indeed he felt like he was dying and coming to life again.
    No wonder this case was interesting!
    James Moriarty was behind it!
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:02 am

Jim tried to avoid conversation and restricted himself to polite nods and charming smiles. After he made sure all of his men were in position and ready to go, he got out his phone. "Time to play." He typed on it and send the message to the right people. Within seconds he saw his plan coming together.

He slumbered over to the refreshment table, grabbing himself a glass of champagne on his way. He knew the reason to celebrate was still not achieved but he couldn't help himself.

Jim was just about to move positions once more, he turned around on his heels and straightened his shoulders. Before his mind could recognize the blue greyish eyes staring at him from a distance, his heart was already clenching in his chest. Was it? Could it be? It had to be Sherlock!
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 pm

For a moment there, Sherlock feared for his life, it would have probably be quite a delayed revenge, but it wasn't unlikely considering Jim's personality.
    Their eyes met though, something seemed to click into Sherlock's heart, opening up a wound he had hardly been able to ignore.

The surprise on the other's face was clear though, his mask breaking only for a short while.
    And then Sherlock didn't know what to do.
    He wanted to talk to him. He wanted to touch him.
    But he had no right to do so, if he had to be honest he would admit there had never been anything between them. Sherlock had tortured Jim, something that was only supposed to make him feel guilty.

So he tore his eyes away, the lady in front of him moved closer, thinking him interested and he talked to her, finally acting nice, even though hating her with a passion.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Jim stood staring at Sherlock, his breathing turned to panting as every memory came back to his mind at once. Jim couldn't move for a while, as if Sherlock's eyes were keeping him pinned to the ground.

As he saw the other's eyes move to the lady in front of him Jim's mind started to work again. He shook his head, trying to remove the thoughts he had. Sherlock was here with someone, perhaps someone he was keeping prison as well. It didn't matter. Jim had to get out here with the documents as soon as possible. His man needed more time though, so he had to keep Sherlock distracted from them. But what could he do? Just walk over there and start conversation? No, the idea seemed impossible.

Jim turned abruptly on his heels, facing the other way, facing the exit. Slowly and almost as if he got pulled towards it, he made his way over.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 am

When Jim disappeared from his line of vision, despair took hold of Sherlock's heart, it had been more than six months and that was their reunion? A heated gaze that broke his heart and that was it?

He bit on his lower lip, thoughtful, he knew he meant nothing to Jim, but for a short moment he had thought-
    Useless to think about it now.

Ignoring what the lady was saying, he wrote a quick note, then he grabbed hold of the closest waiter and scanned the crowd.
    He spotted Jim again, and told the waiter to give his note to him.

He then paid his respects to the lady and disappeared.

Meet me on the west balcony

He knew the possibility the other would come was feable, especially considering he was probably on a mission and the high chance to get caught, but he was playing his cards, at least he tried.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 am

Just before Jim reached the exit a waiter stopped in front of him. "No tha-" Jim started to decline him as he quickly reached out the note and handed it over. Before Jim could say anything the waiter was already mingled back into the mass.

Jim's eyes shifted to both sides, making sure no one had saw what just happened before unfolding the note. For a few seconds he only stared at it. There was no doubt this came from Sherlock. For some reason a slight smile curled his lips. Jim considered his options, whether or not the risk would be worth going there. However his curiosity was strong.

After waiting a few minutes, Jim decided to make his way over to the west Balcony. It didn't took him long and in no time he was staring at Sherlock's back. Jim straightened his suit and approached until he was just a good few steps away.

"So, we do meet again." He said confident.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 am

Sherlock heard the window slide open, he heard the familiar step, and just by that he could tell everything that had changed in Jim since the last time he had seen him. The amount of information flooding him and catching his breath for longer that he could control.

He could hardly believe Jim had decided to show up at all. It was insane to say the least.
    Why? Why did he come?

He turned around slowly, schooling his features to cold perfection in his designer suit.

He looked Jim up and down, resisting another flood of information, they were telling him too much, things he couldn't afford to know and smiled sadly at the words.

"As charming as always, Jim," he appreciated him, bowing slightly. "You look dashing."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:36 am

Jim's heart jumped inside his chest as he saw Sherlock turned around. Just being there made him feel as if he was back at the cell Sherlock kept him in. For a moment he felt self conscious when Sherlock's eyes scanned over him.

What was he looking for?
    What could he be reading?
    What's he thinking right now?

Dashing?

Jim got snapped out of thoughts and scoffed slightly at Sherlock's choice of words. However they did move him, somehow. His lips curled up in a smile, a polite one, not giving away too much.

"You're looking..." Jim waited a few seconds, looking at Sherlock's suit. "Fit." He then said, approving with a nod of his head.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 am

Sherlock couldn't help but laugh at Jim's choice of words: "Fit?" he asked, and shook his head. "You don't waste your creative genius on compliments, do you," he commented, his eyes burning on the slow smile that Jim had on his face.
    God, those lips.

"I missed you, Jim. I missed my toy," he added, his hands sliding in his pockets in a cool posture even though his heart was suddenly beating faster in his chest.
    "I was surprised you didn't send in some guys to get your revenge... I've heard about you doing much more for a lot less..."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:54 am

Jim scoffed at Sherlock'd accusing him for not being creative. His neck rolled to both sides for a moment as he tried to come across more relax then he actually was. "What did you expected to hear?" He said playfully. "How dangerously attractive you look in that suit?" Jim shrugged, smiling more.

His eyes narrowed a bit when Sherlock called him his toy.
    How dare he.

Jim wasn't his toy. He had never been! At least he wouldn't admit it to himself.
    "Toy." He repeated disrespectful. "Do you really believe that's all I was to you? Something to play with?" Jim's head shook as he spoke those words.

"You were long gone before I even had time to trace you down, Sherlock."

Jim had tried to find Sherlock again, he had came across some valuable information on the man, but he had never managed to find him. He wouldn't hurt him though, he wouldn't take his revenge. Strangely enough.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 am

Sherlock smirked, liking the way Jim seemed to work himself up. "Oh no, not really, I would have expected some hateful remark," he muttered, walking closer. "Because surely, you do not truly think I am attractive, do you?" he asked, his voice dripping lower.

"I don't believe so, I know you were," he repeated, laughing a bit. "My favorite toy, that's for sure," he muttered and his fingers moved up to scratch an invisible itch on his pale neck. "If it makes you feel better, I had never had a toy before, and I loved having you," he added.

And his own words set him off, anger blooming in his stomach. "What else would you be? What we had was hardly a relationship!"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 am

Jim licked his lips and shook his head. Of course Sherlock was attractive, no one could even deny that, even he couldn't. "You just want to hear me say it." He said, refusing to say his previous thoughts out loud.

It seemed like Sherlock was already playing with his mind again and Jim had to force himself to concentrate.

"Still as cold and distant." Jim pointed out. "Of course I was more then just your toy. Your mind got confused once your heart had got involved." He said remarkably low. " You wouldn't let me go so soon if I was there to fulfill your needs." Jim walked closer as well, letting his eyes linger on Sherlock's lips before he looked back up.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm

"Not really," he muttered, circling Jim as if he was his prey, just as he had done the first time they met, when he still had no idea how bad things were going to get for him.

He shrugged guiltily when the other accused him of caring. "That's the thing, isn't it, I don't usually have needs at all," he muttered, and he ached to touch Jim, his muscles straining, but he didn't let himself. "I kidnapped you for my entertainment, and then I got involved into something much bigger than me," he licked his lips, feeling Jim's eyes on them for a second. "You were more dangerous than I expected."

He stopped moving, pushing his hands deeper into his pockets. "I am not surprised you figured it out. You understand now, I had to get you out as soon as possible."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 am

Jim's smile stretched his lips further as he took in the words Sherlock was saying. He knew Sherlock had felt something, it didn't matter what exactly, but knowing that he knew how to play them back them gave him some sort of satisfaction.

"I see." He grinned, shuffling a bit closer to the man in front of him. For some reason he had always found Sherlock's presence intriguing and this time was no exception.

"And now you saw me again, and you had to let me back in as soon as possible?" Asked Jim mischievous.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:55 am

Sherlock was rather surprised Jim stepped closer, he would have expected him to recoil, to hide away, to not want anything to do with him, especially knowing he had feelings for him!
    He clearly wasn't versed on human feelings though, he told himself, because not only he had fallen in love with the wrong person, he was also quite oblivious to the possible reactions in this kind of situation.

"I just wanted to exchange a few words, I didn't think it appeasing to just ignore you as if you were just a stranger..." he commented, and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You, on the other hand, seemed to be keen on leaving very quickly, does it have to do with the documents your men have subtracted?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 am

Jim grinned wide when Sherlock mentioned him leaving. For the first time since long, it was his time to show off, his time to be one step ahead of whatever game it was they were playing. His hand dug inside of his pocket, checking the time on his phone. By now the man stealing the actual document had already left the building and Jim's plan had succeeded.

"Actually." He started as he began to walk just a little. "I needed time. My men needed time. Of course you know why I'm here, but having you walking up to me right there would have gave away a lot of things. I turned my back on you, knowing you wouldn't just let me walk out on you like that. You would either follow me outside or you would, as you did, invite me over to some other room. Just what I needed." Jim shrugged a little as he spoke the next words in a playfully evil way: "Thank you, Sherlock Holmes."
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 am

Sherlock looked at Jim, confused for a moment, and then he laughed. "Oh," he exclaimed and ran his hand through his hair. "You thought I was out to get you?"

He walked closer, leaning down a bit. "There is no need to thank me, James, I was here just to watch what was going on, and I am doing just that," he muttered, his eyes moving on the other's face.
    "I am happy I was able to help though," he whispered with a smirk.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Jim couldn't help but smile in return. Sherlock might have seen he was behind it all, but his plan was too solid to get him caught. Even Sherlock wasn't able to get to him again, not after what happened last time.

"Of course you're out to get me. I'm not saying it was your initial intention, but ever since you spotted my face again." Jim smiled, looking up to meet Sherlock's eyes. The way he was looking at him, memories of their moments alone inside that cell shot through Jim's mind. It all felt so familiar, yet every was different now. Jim didn't had to be there, he could walk away. But his muscles tensed at the idea, he couldn't move, he couldn't walk away...
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:14 am

"I did not look for you," Sherlock said, his lips stretching in a thin tense line, his hand coming up to graze along the other's face, hesitant and a bit shaky, as if sure Jim would slap it away.

"But when I saw your face again, I started wanting you again..." he admitted, slowly licking his lips. "You are like kryptonite to me, Jim, you will be my downfall..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm