BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Feed Me To The Weevils (Torchlock)

Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Feed Me To The Weevils (Torchlock) Empty Feed Me To The Weevils (Torchlock)

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:01 am

Sherlock Holmes was ducking and diving, racing through the back streets and alley ways of London in hot pursuit of a murder suspect traveling in a black cab heading towards Soho. He paused for breath as he saw the taxi slowing down, leaning his back against the cold brick wall and breathing heavily. He silently cursed John for his absence. His flatmate was away on holiday with that infuriating new girlfriend of his. He had an idea her name might be Mary but he couldn't be certain. Either way, John seemed pretty serious about this one, which made it even more annoying.

Sherlock watched as the suspect got out of the cab and paid off the driver. It would be significantly easier to follow him on foot, he thought with some relief. Having got his breath back, he crossed the road, mingling with the busy Saturday night party crowd, keeping his distance and his eyes on the prize.

The man disappeared through the doors of a club and Sherlock quickly followed. The place was fairly busy but the night was still young and not as packed as it would be later. He spotted the suspect easily and watched as he bought a drink and went to sit down at a booth in the corner with two other people, clearly friends of his judging by the way they greeted him.

Sherlock approached the bar and sat down on one of the high up stools, in a suitable position where he could keep his eyes on the suspect and his friends but not be seen himself, unless they actively chose to turn round and look back at the bar. He ordered himself a glass of coke and got some money out, vaguely aware out of the corner of his right eye that he was being watched by another man sat at the bar.
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Job : Leader of Torchwood Cardiff
    Hobbies : Romantic affairs with teaboys, heights, and a certain doctor

Feed Me To The Weevils (Torchlock) Empty Re: Feed Me To The Weevils (Torchlock)

Post by CaptJHarkness Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:11 am

Captain Jack Harkness was enjoying his weekend off; Gwen was gallivanting with Rhys, Ianto was keeping a check on Cardiff with Tosh and Owen was in a mood still. Jack had decided to go to London to see Martha and UNIT - but there was nothing extraordinary about the meeting.

Ianto had recommended this particular bar; it was classy, had the right kind of people and there was no chance of being bothered. And the candy tonight was excellent. He sat there with a double scotch on ice, eyeing up the potentials, Jack smirked.

He noticed a tall man, mysterious eyes and gorgeous cheekbones appear next to him. God he was handsome, and seemed Jack's type.

He introduced himself; "Captain Jack Harkess, want another drink?"
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Sherlock was deep in concentration as a voice broke through his thoughts. He realized it was the man sat next to him at the bar, the one who'd been looking at him.

Sherlock turned his gaze away from the suspects in the corner and quickly glanced him up and down. He registered the accent as American and the fact that he'd introduced himself as Captain would indicate some kind of Army rank but the long military trench coat he was wearing was one of this retro designs, clearly not his actual uniform. No...wait...hang on...it wasn't retro, he realised, it was original. Late 1930s. Sherlock smiled, pleased with his own deduction and impressed with the man's dedication to finding an original piece of clothing like that, idly wondering whether it had been passed down through various generations.

"Um...sure...I'll have a coke, thanks," he replied and held out his hand for a shake. "Sherlock Holmes. Nice coat by the way."
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am

Jack smirked at the compliment from Sherlock, and took another sip of scotch. He watched Sherlock with curiosity and cocked his head.

He shook Sherlock's hand; firm and appropriate.
    "Thanks, I do like a long coat. A short friend helps." he then ordered a scotch and a coke. "So, work or pleasure?" asking with a smile.

Jack was deciding whether to flirt or not, the man seemed very detached from his own sexual needs.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 am

The man's handshake was firm, Sherlock noticed, confident, sure of himself. "Hm. I have a short friend too," he chuckled.

Sherlock took a sip of his fresh drink and nodded his thanks to Jack, then indicated with his eyes towards the group in the corner.

"Business," he replied. "Keeping my eye on those three men. One of them's a murder suspect," he added dryly. He didn't feel the need to keep any secrets. The case was in the papers should anyone care to read up on it, and by the end of the night Sherlock was quietly confident he'd have his man in handcuffs.

Sherlock realised Jack was looking at him in an odd sort of way, although he couldn't quite put his finger on it.
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Jack smiled at Sherlock with a flirtatious glint. There was something about him that he could not put a finger on.

Jack glances towards the men, and noticed one was fidgeting and possibly concealing a weapon. The other was a member of a Weevil Fight Club - interesting.

Ah Sherlock must be a detective, he was not in a police uniform and did not have a stab vest - so a bounty hunter maybe, or private investigator.

Jack spoke quietly; "This may be your time to act, he may be about to draw a pistol. Looks like a Glock."

Jack drank his scotch quick, in preparedness. This trip could be fun.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Sherlock turned to look at Jack, a surprised expression on his face and quickly studied him. He didn't seem particularly bothered by the fact that a murder suspect was sat only a few yards away from them. Most people would have freaked out by now. Quite the opposite in fact. This man seemed rather up for the challenge.

Sherlock smiled and copied Jack, knocking back his drink. He looked like he could be handy in a fight too. Sherlock was sure he could see muscles underneath that large coat of his.

He nodded silently and jumped down off his bar stool, heading straight over to the men in the corner just as the murder suspect withdrew a Glock from his pocket and pointed it at the man opposite. It appeared some kind of argument had broken out, and the third man was trying to calm them both down.

Sherlock was there in an instant, before the three of them knew what was going on. He grabbed hold of the man's gun arm, twisting it up into the air as a shot went off and hit the ceiling, then punched him in the face with his spare hand. The man fell down but instantly there was someone leaping onto Sherlock's back, pulling him backwards into a strangle hold whilst the third man leaned over him and began to kick him in the stomach. Sherlock lashed out with his feet, sending glasses flying off the table.
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Jack watched Sherlock curiously knock back the Coke, and he knew that Sherlock was a bright lad, maybe another Ianto..now that was interesting.

Jack ran over and grabbed the man kicking Sherlock and pulled him away and was grappling in a fist fight before knocking the man out, he then went back to the man holding Sherlock in a stranglehold and punched him in the side making in concertina. He then held out his hand to help Sherlock up.

But the man with the gun grabbed Jack and held him in a death grip; Jack was trying to fight the man off, he then threw him over his head and the man ran off.

Jack was about to run after him in pursuit, he then asked Sherlock; "Are you coming?"
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Sherlock struggled with his assailant who was trying to choke him from behind. He elbowed him in the stomach which temporarily threw him off but then Jack ran over and finished him. The man dropped to the floor taking Sherlock with him who released himself from his grip. He was about to grab hold of Jack's hand when the armed attacker grabbed his new friend and grappled with him.

Sherlock leapt to his feet to help just as Jack threw him over the shoulder and he ran away. He grinned at Jack. "You've done this before haven't you?" He nodded towards the door where the man had just ran through. "Come on then, let's go."

Sherlock set off running, feeling Jack close behind him. The man had gone out the back exit and they raced down the fire escape after him. There was no sign of him but Sherlock noticed a bin had been knocked over and was still rolling gently from side to side. He pointed it at it. "He went that way, come on," and set off running again.
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:37 am

Jack smirked at Sherlock's comment; and ran off behind Sherlock - coat tails flying from both men. "Yeah..do this kinda thing all the time."

Seeing Sherlock noticing the bin, he nodded at him and set in quick pursuit. Hand on his Webley just in case.

Jack noticed two shadows, one human and the other was a a Weevil. He pointed and ran past Sherlock; then shouted behind him. "You coming cheekbones?"
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 am

The pair darted through the streets. Sherlock was surprised when Jack managed to overtake him - usually no one could keep up. He had to admit he was impressed.

And he couldn't help but laugh when Jack called him "cheekbones". He'd heard people refer to them before, but no one had ever called him that as a nickname. He didn't even mind it too much. Normally he hated nicknames. He didn't have too much time to think about it however because they were soon darting down another alley way on the opposite side of the road.

Up ahead there were two men in the shadows. There was a large fence blocking their exit and they had nowhere to go. Except....except as they got closer, Sherlock noticed one of them didn't...well...didn't look right. They stopped running and strode purposelly towards the two suspects, knowing they had no real means of escape. As they got even nearer, Sherlock realised one of them had some sort of fancy dress outfit on.

"Nice costume," he commented sarcastically.
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:08 am

Jack looked around and assessed the situation, he tapped his earpiece and asked Ianto to come and retrieve the weevil. He looked at the confusion in Sherlock's face - and made a mental note to look him up on the records and to ensure he had an extra dose of Retcon.

He nodded to Sherlock; "You get that one." pointing to the human. He then produced the anti-weevil spray; however the weevil retaliated and killed the other man - blood spurting everywhere.

Jack acted fast and sprayed the weevil who was screaming and moaning; and then detained the creature with a smirk.

"This will be unconscious for a while Cheekbones. Don't worry." he then went to speak to Ianto - a body would be needed to cover the death up. He smiled at Sherlock. "Would you like a nightcap?"
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Sherlock was about to launch himself at the suspect when the other man in the fancy dress outfit turned on his friend, practically ripping the other man's head off with an inhuman howl escaping his lips. Sherlock had never seen such a violent and bloody death right in front of him before and his eyes widened in shock.

He was glad when Jack reacted quickly by whipping out a strange looking spray and incapacitated the psychopath, detaining him seemingly sedated on the floor.

Sherlock took a few steps closer and stared at this strange man who had just killed another man with his bare hands. He reached down to pull off the mask then recoiled in horror and surprise when he realised it wasn't a mask at all.

"What the hell is that thing?" he cried, then when he realised Jack had asked him for a drink added, "I think I need something stronger than a glass of coke this time."
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 am

Jack watched Sherlock with a smirk, the weevil had been sedated however was still at risk. He put some titanium handcuffs on the weevil and rubbed his hands. He led Sherlock away from the scene, and was prepared for questions, Sherlock seemed a curious chap.

"Well, that was a creature we call a weevil. Carnivorous and very territorial not usually found here in Soho mind you."

They reached another bar, and offered the vacant cubicle to Sherlock; "So, what you having?" as Jack ordered a double Scotch.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 am

Sherlock shuddered as they walked away from the alley, his mind refusing to believe what his eyes had seen. He listened to Jack's explanation but couldn't accept that it was anything more than fantasy despite being unable to explain any of the events himself, and Jack certainly seemed to know what he was talking about.

He was relieved when they arrived at the bar and things seemed a bit more normal. He sat down and took off his coat and scarf, rubbing his eyes still trying to shake the sight of that....thing....from his thoughts.

"Um...I'll have the same as you," he replied with a sigh.
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:11 am

Jack smiled at Sherlock in a cheeky grin and ordered another scotch; tempted to slip the retcon in now but he knew of Sherlock and knew that he would be curious - the drink arrived and he nodded.

"I can see you have questions; go ahead."

He watched Sherlock with excitement; he needed a new assistant in London - Martha had gone off with UNIT and it would be good to have someone local. But the case had not been closed - Weevils in London was not good.

Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

When the drinks arrived Sherlock grabbed his scotch and knocked it back in one, quickly ordering another before the waitress had the chance to leave. He grimaced at the sharp bitter taste and swallowed it down.

"Jesus," he muttered. "Haven't had a drink in months."

He cleared his throat and turned to Jack. "Yes...yes I do have questions," he remarked suspiciously, glancing Jack up and down. "When we first saw those two men in the alley way I presumed one of them had a fancy dress outfit on, except when I came to remove his mask I discovered it wasn't a mask at all, or possibly it was a mask that was grafted onto his skin somehow. Either way I couldn't remove it and you didn't seem the least bit surprised. Secondly you have the weirdest looking gun I've ever seen. You know something about....about whatever's going on...you know a lot about it....I can tell. And I need to know too. It's my job to know. That man...the other man...he's a murder suspect. Well...he was. He's not anyone anymore clearly."
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 am

Jack smiled at Sherlock seductively as he knocked the drink back and nodded. He laughed confidently, looking deep into Sherlock's piercing eyes.

"Well, I work for Torchwood. We are an agency that deals with alien life-forms. What you saw this evening was a Weevil - they normally stay in Cardiff, however someone - the same suspect you were pursuing has been kidnapping and torturing them. I could show you more, if you wanted." Jack spoke with confidence, and was watching Sherlock's body language. He then tapped his side to his handgun.

"This is a Webley - original 1947 model. I see that you are carrying also; British Issue Browning - or are you just pleased to see me?" he laughed.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 am

"Alien life forms?" Sherlock repeated, listening intently to Jack's explanation. "You can't expect me to believe that surely? There has to be a logical explanation behind it. There always is."

Sherlock felt uncomfortable, like his eyes, his mind and his body were all deceiving him, sending him mixed signals. He'd seen that...thing...yet how could he possibly believe it was some kind of alien? And yet, he had seen it.

"Torchwood....how come I've never heard of you?" Sherlock asked, then suddenly thought, "My brother works for the government. Mycroft...Mycroft Holmes. Ever heard of him?"

He smiled at Jack's little joke and patted the inside pocket of his coat. "You know your guns. My flatmate was in the army. I borrow it when I need to."
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 am

Jack chuckled at Sherlock's response; "Aliens exist. Most are harmless, you believe that humans are the only sentient life form on Earth?" he questioned. "Remember the Canary Wharf incident a few years back - Cybermen?"

Jack had finished his drink and forced another onto Sherlock; wanting to slip the retcon in.

"Torchwood - we are beyond the government and police. We are an elite force." he then cocked his head. "Yeah, heard of Mycroft Holmes. A quiet kinda fellow."

Jack then sighed, "Wanna go back to my place?" he added a cheeky wink.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:04 am

Sherlock laughed derogatively. "Aliens, huh," he scoffed. "I don't have time to think of such things, not important...yes I remember those...things...nothing more than a hoax, possibly a hallucinogenic drug of some kind. Don't really care, doesn't interest me. Murder is more my thing..."

He knocked back the third drink, angrily noticing his hands were still shaken and not wanting to admit the evening had affected him more than he would have liked.

Sherlock shook his head and grinned. "Mycroft gets everywhere...Torchwood...Torchwood...must remember to ask him about you tomorrow." He made a mental note of it in his mind palace.

"Your place?" he repeated, still not really able to concentrate fully on what was going on, his brain trying to process everything. "Um...yes, sounds...sounds fine."
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Jack laughed at Sherlock's reasoning - maybe he should take him back to the Hub at TW3: see what Myfanwy would think of him.

"Come, I have a flat in Belgravia - an old favour. You know something Holmes - I like you, like you alot. You remind me of my second in command. She did not believe the Canary Wharf incident either."

He finished his own drink and stood; he firmly gripped Sherlock's arm and led him out of the club into the fresh air; "So what are you then? PI James?" he chuckled.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 am

Sherlock smiled and stood up, doing up his coat again and hoisting the collar up to round his ears.

"Belgravia?" he repeated, raising an eyebrow. "Hm...old friend of mine used to live there. Well...I say friend....I don't really /have/ friends."

He allowed Jack to take his arm although it did feel a little odd to have such close physical contact with someone he'd only just met but...it had been a strange evening.

"I'm a consulting detective," he replied with a slightly arrogant smirk. "The only one in the world. I invented the job."
    CaptJHarkness
    CaptJHarkness

Post by CaptJHarkness Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 pm

"Really, you must tell me more." he smiled with a confident wink.

Jack led Sherlock through the streets at a fast pace and smirked at Sherlock's confidence, they shortly arrived at the flat and it was secured by a special lock that responded to the Wrist watch that Jack always wears and they entered.

"Here we are, my home from home so to speak." Jack said while walking into the kitchen. "Coffee?"

The place had various alien artefacts; different pictures of members of Torchwood and the Doctor and different aliens.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:27 am

Sherlock enjoyed the short brisk walk to the flat. He normally got a taxi everywhere but in this case it wasn't too far and the crisp cool night air was quite pleasant in his lungs, helping him to relax after such a hectic evening, although probably the scotch was helping with that too.

They arrived at the apartment and Jack headed straight for the kitchen area. It was just the type of place Sherlock had been expecting from a man such as this - smart, tidy, suave, sophisticated. A modern, swanky place in the heart of the city.

"Coffee would be great thanks," he replied. "Black, two sugars." Sherlock wandered round the flat with his hands behind his back, nosing at all the curiosities and pictures. He noticed that there were some really old photographs taken years ago featuring a man that looked just like Jack standing next to another man. Then in what was clearly a modern photo, Jack and the same man were stood next to each other again.

"Who's this guy?" Sherlock asked, pointing. "And how come there's a picture of two guys that look a lot like you and him standing in front of the Titanic. You're not old enough to have been on or even near the Titanic, and neither's that guy. So...what...is that your father or something? Is that his father?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am