BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.

The Creature
    The Creature

Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.

Post by The Creature Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:57 am

"No, I haven't met my person yet." Adam said absent minded. "But I like to believe I'm one of those who is meant to be alone, but still meant to be." He swallowed at the thought. Adam didn't want to be alone, he needed company. He even longer for company. More then just friends. Adam needed a lover, eventually. But if it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't going to happen.

"How can the weather infect a scar? Mine doesn't hurt. At least not any more." He smiled. When he had first became consciousness, he had felt the throbbing in his head. Not just his head, his whole body was throbbing. The flesh pulsed against the fabric his creator had used as stitches. Luckily it passed. Or perhaps it didn't passed and he had just learned how to live with it.

"The person who stitched me wasn't a doctor." Adam explained. "At least not one like you. They were called professors and I had to call one of them master. But I refused and referred to him as creator. He didn't like it. It was disrespectful because he had given me life." His eyes fell down a bit, he didn't like thinking about his time at Baskerville.

"I want it to look like this one, John." Adam sighed, once more letting his finger run around the scar in a circle. "Can you do that?" His finger no longer on John's skin now, but his eyes were pinning the others. "Please." He added, almost desperately.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.

Post by John Watson MD Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 pm

"Meant to be alone, but still meant to be?" he repeated, confused, not sure what Adam was talking about. "I'm sure you won't be alone, no man is an island, Adam," he said with a grin, trying to be positive, he didn't want his new friend to end up like him, bitter and depressed. He wanted him to have the best from life.

"Well, it's more like the bones and ligaments that were damaged by the injury, they throb when the humidity is uncomfortable, it's nothing really, just a bit of discomfort," he muttered, rolling his shoulders instinctively, trying to loosen the tense muscles.

"Those people were criminals, Adam, they created you and then neglected and mistreated you, it's not how it's supposed to be," he said angrily, trying not to sound too harsh even though he felt he wanted to kill those men for what they did. "Men can be really cruel, but this is beyond morality," he muttered, gasping again when he felt Adam's fingers on him again, his voice disappearing quickly, getting stuck in his throat.

When he looked up again, the fingers were gone but Adam's gaze was piercing and breathtaking.
    "Okay," he said, even though he had no idea what he had been asked, he just knew he had to say yes, he would probably agree to anything in that moment, overwhelmed by a series of feelings he could not control.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 am

"Yes." Adam said, still loving the fact John was asking him to explain things. He felt important, or at least appreciated. "I believe I'm not meant for anyone.. considering what I look like, what I've done..." He said a bit softer. "But I do believe I'm here for some other reason. Perhaps that reason was science, but I refuse to believe so. I don't know what yet though, I'll at the end of my days." He concluded.

A little smile formed on his lips as he heard to anger in John's voice towards the people who created him. It made him feel safe, for some reason. "I do know men are cruel. I have seen so.. Felt so.. myself many times. But I am not much better. Or at least I wasn't better. I want to be better, though. And I am in progress to become a good man. You've showed me so many things already, John." It was in some way a compliment.

Adam bounced on the sofa enthusiastic as John was okay. "Oh, thank you!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around John's neck and pulling him in what seemed to be a very awkward hug. As he let go the wide smile still lingered on his face. Adam took up his cup of tea after a few seconds on emptied it. "I wish I could do anything in return, John. I am thankful, but it's not enough. I want to give you something for helping me like you do."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 am

"Don't say that, the world is big, there is someone for you as well, and you'll soon have a normal life, you'll be able to look for that person," he said encouraging, he felt strangely protective of Adam, he wanted him to have a decent life, and even the things John didn't seem to have.

He looked at him for a moment, admiring his want to find a reason to live, and again unable to understand. He knew there wasn't a reason he was here, he was just a simple men, and simple men were every where and small, just like grains of sand.

"Don't thank me, I haven't done anything," he said, shaking his head, tensing up a bit as he was hugged, not expecting the warm feeling on his still naked skin.
    He patted the other's back comfortingly and smiled.
    "Don't worry, you don't need to give me anything... you'll find your own path and that's just what I want..." he said, pulling away a bit embarrassed, wondering for a moment what Adam would think of giving him considering he didn't even own the clothes he was wearing.

"And I am sure you'll help me when I'll need it, that's what friends do," he added simply.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:14 pm

"You don't find them by looking for them, John." Adam laughed a bit, silly John he thought to himself. "They... It.. Just happens." He didn't knew how else to explain this to John. "You should read paradise lost. You'll understand it more." He nodded, wishing he had kept that book with him. Nothing had ever told him more truth than that book had.

Adam shook his head as he let go off John. "You have done so much!" He smiled wide again. "You helped me, you took care of my wounds, gave me food and clean clothes. You even let me use your shower and toilet!" How could John call this nothing? Other people, bad men as John said so, had left him starving and freezing on the street.

That's what friends do... Friends... The word rand in Adam's ear, filling his whole body with happiness. Friends! Yes! He had finally found a friend. John considered him his friend. Adam wasn't saying much, but his body language clearly radiated his happiness.

"Yes. Friends." He smiled. "That's what friends do." Even though he didn't really knew how to be "a friend."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 am

John laughed a bit at Adam's words: "I did read paradise lost," he commented, sitting a bit more comfortably on the sofa, looking at Adam. "But you seem to be very passionate about it," he said, curious about the other's thoughts. "And everyone has their own take on it."

"Well, I felt I needed to help you," he said with a shrug, he didn't want to give too much importance to what he had done. "What I want in return is that you become a good man, and if you get happy, that's even better," he muttered, smiling honestly at him when he saw how happy he was about their friendship.
    He really needed a friend too.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:54 pm

As days went on, Adam learned about every day routine. John explained him how things worked, how to make things, how to do things. By now he could cook his own (simple, but delicious.) breakfast. The first time he'd tried, he nearly set the kitchen on fire by leaving the cooker and some eggs on. However, John never seemed to get angry at him. He just explained how to do it right, how to get better at something. He'd never punish Adam, he'd never shout at him if he'd said or done something wrong.

They visited a doctor at John's work a few times. The first time Adam had been terrified, but once more John was there to hold his hand through this. He told him this doctor would made his scars better. He couldn't make them go away, but he could make them decent. Just as decent as the one on John's shoulder, Adam had hoped.

John didn't allow him to go outside much. Especially not during the rush hours. Adam wasn't one to stay inside whole days and began to long for some fresh air. He had begged John to go outside more, so now they occasionally took long walks through a nearby park. Adam loved those. They even went clothes shopping together one time. It had been awkward, but it meant so much to Adam he couldn't even began to describe.

His favourite thing was still the shower. It relaxed him. It was a place to be alone and think. He seemed to need that occasionally. Though he couldn't deny he just liked standing under the hot streaming water and smelling like a flower in spring time afterwards.

That day he had just came out of the shower. Adam looked in the mirror, he seemed like a complete different person. There was a bit of hair growing through. Actual hair, not plucks of them as he'd about a month ago. He slipped on some pants, something else he'd learn how to wear. But he preferred not to wear them and secretly, without John knowing, he sometimes did.

As he was fully dressed he returned to the living room. John could be home from work any time now. He had learned how to read time. John had taught him so many things in such a small amount of time, it was almost unbelievable. Adam flopped down onto the sofa, a book on modern times captivated between his large hands. He felt his eyes getting heavier as the letters danced in front of his eyes and before he'd realized it, he had fallen asleep.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:29 am

When John was walking home that day, he couldn't help but think how much his life had improved in the last month. While not too long ago he dreaded coming home and having to face the memories of his past with Sherlock, now he was looking forwards to getting home and meeting Adam's smiling face.
    The man's appearance was improving daily, and he was learning things at the speed of light, his enthusiasm never fading and feeding John's curiosity as well.

No doubt a part of Adam reminded him of Sherlock, but on the other hand, Adam was genuine and warm, something that the detective never really managed to be.
    To be in the company of someone so unpretentious and enthusiastic was all John needed at the moment, also knowing that Adam would never lie to him helped him rekindle his broken trust in life and humans in general, his dark heart was slowly healing and starting to open up again.
    It was definitely better than what his psychiatrist could do.

He was in a good mood then, quite a common occurrence nowadays and he was bringing home a cake, thinking they could very well celebrate the first month of living together. Probably a new experience for Adam.
    With the fact he didn't miss work any more, it was quite easy for John to earn his living, and having to cater for Adam was no effort at all.
    Of course he didn't plan to just keep him at home like a pet forever, he was going to let Adam find his path, but at the moment it felt a lot like he had a wife at home and John was a simple enough man to think that it could be happiness.

When he found him sleeping on the couch, a book in his hands, he couldn't help smiling down at him, his stomach clenching in a familiar grip as he looked at him.
    Maybe he had a bit of a crush on him, he thought, knowing it was not a good thing, but as long as things stayed as they were, he wasn't going to panic over it.
    He couldn't panic over it.
    Adam deserved his affection, that was sure.
    And John was old enough to be able to control himself, to let his friend have his space.

"Hey Adam," he said, reaching out his hand and running it over the newly grown hair, they felt so soft, like those of a baby.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:37 am

Adam got lost in a dream. At first it seemed a good one. He loved dreaming even though he didn't understood what they meant. He dreamed of having a family, even 2 kids were running around a nice house somewhere on the countryside. And a man, John, Adam assumed considering John was the only man in Adam's life right now. In his dream he looked normal, no more scars. Nothing like he still looked now.

But than everything turned dark. It had started raining, storming. Lightning strikes and thunder had became so loud, it felt as if he could feel it shaking through his body. Men ran into his house. Men in white suits, suits Adam had seen before, suits they only wore at one place.

They were looking for him, calling his name. No, not his name, they called him monster. They took his children away brutally and just as the door opened and hands were about to grab him, Adam's eyes shot open wide.

"John!" He exclaimed, seeing the man standing next to him. Adam had never had a nightmare before. Or at least not one he could remember like this. He had started to pants a little, feeling his skin burning hot in no time. "Wh-What was that?" He asked in a shaking voice.

Last edited by The Creature on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:14 am

John frowned as he saw Adam stir, the way he started awake made him worry, had he just had a nightmare? He moved closer instinctively, concerned, and feeling guilty he had woken him up at all, he hadn't really thought about it, maybe looking forwards to show Adam the cake.

"Bad dream maybe?" he suggested, his hand moving to caress Adam's head affectionately, trying to calm him down, indeed there was a thin layer of sweat on his forehead which suggested he was right. "It's okay, you're safe here," he added for good measure.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:59 am

"Bad dream?" Adam repeated after John, remembering every bit of it. Instinctively he moved closer to John, seeking for safety as he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. "Yes.." He nodded. "Very bad dream." Still confused by what he'd seen.

Perhaps Adam didn't like dreams as much anymore. Or at least not these kind of dreams. "They.. They came looking for me and took everything away." He explained. "You, the kids, my house." Adam didn't even realize the meaning of having John in his dreams. He shrugged, straightening his shoulders and forcing himself to get rid of the fear this dream had left him.

John was right, he was safe here.
    John would protect him.
    And he would protect John.
    Adam would never allow anyone to lay a finger on John.
    Strange how he'd became so attached while a month ago he didn't trust a living soul.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:34 am

John didn't need to ask who was 'they', he was rather sure Adam was talking about the doctors of the facility where they made him, but the rest of the words did confused him a bit. "The kids?" he asked, he reckoned it was rather normal that Adam would dream about him, considering they were together most of the time, but did he dream they had a family together?

He shook away his curiosity though, deciding the priority was that he made Adam calm down and put that nightmare behind. "It was just a dream, don't think about it, and you'll forget it easily," he suggested, kissing his forehead before pulling away a bit, frowning at himself for doing a bit too much. He really hoped Adam didn't mind that.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 am

"Hm?" Adam sighed a bit absently. "Yes, there were 2 kids with us." He didn't understand what this meant, though. Dreams were just showing fake reality? Right? This didn't had to mean it had to be that way? Or perhaps.. Adam did feel different around John. His stomach had this tingling feeling when they had touched. He felt warm when John complimented him after he'd done something good. But that's what friends were supposed to feel like.. or not? Adam got extremely confused.

And there it was again. A warm shiver running through his spine when he felt John's lips on his forehead. His eyes had fell close even though it had only be a second. As he opened his eyes, he found himself looking straight into John's, cheeks burning red. And then Adam leaned forward, mirroring what John had done and placing a short, soft lip on his forehead. "Thank you." He whispered. "For making it better."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:31 am

John blushed a bit at Adam's words, not sure whether he should ask him what the kids were doing with them, if they were their kids, he really didn't want to embarrass him thought, nor himself. Maybe Adam had simply had siblings in the laboratory, and he was just making a fuss out of nothing.
    "I see, mm, well, no kids here, and we are quite safe," he commented, feeling his heart skip a beat when Adam's eyes locked into his. Jesus, he could drawn in those eyes.

When he moved forward, for a moment John thought Adam was going to kiss him, which was true, but not exactly what he had expected.
    He smiled at himself for being silly when Adam simply kissed his forehead and pulled away.
    "Ah, I am sorry I woke you up, but.. well, I've got a surprise for you," he said and took out the cake, placing it on the coffee table. "Hope you are hungry..."
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:29 am

Adam's eyes met John's darker pair once more after that kiss before he moved them to the plastic bag John had put next to the sofa. His heart beat faster in excitement, he loved surprised!

A wide smile parted his lips as he saw the cake. "I'm always hungry!" He exclaimed, eyes joyful lingering on the coffee table in front of them. "What is it?" He asked. "And... Why?" Not that he minded, though he was sure John wouldn't just bring him home food. He rather let Adam cook it himself to improve his skills.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 am

"It's a cake," he said simply at first, taking it out of the bag and showing it to Adam once he managed to open the package. "It's sweet, we can have it with tea..." he suggested, placing it on the table and moving towards the kitchen to start the kettle.

"People usually eat cake to celebrate something, like birthdays, or promotions," he explained, he was quite used to explaining all kind of things now, he just started automatically. "In this case I got it because I thought we could celebrate the fact you've been here for a month already," he suggested, blushing when he realized it sounded quite cheesy once it left his lips. It sounded cooler in his head.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 am

"Cake." Adam repeated, sort of adding the word to his vocabulary. He popped off the sofa and followed John into the kitchen. "Please let me make it." He said, pushing John softly away from the kettle. He loved making things, especially for John.

"A month?" He tried to remember what John had explained him about days and weeks, months and years. It had took him a long time to get those, it was so complicated. But now he knew a month always had 30 days or more. Beside one, but that didn't matter John said.

"That's really nice of you!" He smiled. "You're really nice, John." He then said, smile fading a bit but still there. Adam couldn't wait to taste that cake.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 am

"Mm? Oh, alright," he muttered when Adam insisted to make the tea. He looked at him, his smile and then his eyes, and then his smile again and then he nodded to himself, turning around a bit stiffly to try and find two plates for the cake.
    "I just thought-" he trailed off, not sure what he thought really, "It's always a good idea to find reasons to celebrate... and well... I do like having you here," he admitted, taking out some of the new dishes he had put away.

In a few seconds he was bringing them to the coffee table and he was starting to cut the cake into slices. "It's chocolate... you seemed to like chocolate last time you tried it," he commented.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:44 am

Adam took 2 mugs out of the cupboard and set them down on the counter. He remembered now, John liked his tea with milk and sugar. And so he prepared them both a cup before he followed John back into the living room.

"I like having you here too." Adam said, realizing his words made little sense. "I mean I like living here. I am still extremely thankful." He corrected himself quickly, throwing John yet another one of his warm smiles.

"Chocolate! Yes, I love that!" Adam grinned, remembering how much he'd actually liked it the last time John had give it to him. Adam put both their mugs on the table and sat on the sofa. Adam reached out, picking up the plate John was handing him. He examined it first, took a mental picture and added it to the word cake he'd saved earlier. It was his way of remembering new things, really.

By now he was used to eating with spoons and forks, so using the little spoon didn't appeared as awkward as it had in the beginning anymore. The taste of this cake was delicious and he was sure he'd made a noise as he'd first taste it. "John!" He muttered with mouth still full with cake. "This is delicious!"
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:57 pm

"Of course you like living here, I mean, it must be a bit more comfortable than being on the run, right?" he commented, a bit teasing, he liked the way Adam was smiling at him, it warmed his heart.

He started eating the cake as well, still never letting his eyes off his friend, not really noticing as he slowly got his lips brown with chocolate. "Glad you like it," he commented, pointing to the cake, "There is plenty, so eat as much as you can," he added, somehow feeling he needed to feed Adam.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:03 pm

"Yes. Very comfortable." Adam nodded, eating his cake and still making a little noise every time he tasted it again. "But it's not just that. It's you as well. You, being here with me." He muttered, not really sure how he could explain what he felt towards John. He'd never had such a good friend in his life and he was loving every moment. He could never, ever be without John again.

Adam looked up at John, smiling as he saw the other's lips covered in Chocolate. He'd never seen John mess up when he was eating, so he couldn't stop himself pointing it out. "John, you have.. chocolate all over." Adam grinned, motioning to John's lips.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 am

John grinned, happy Adam seemed to appreciate his company. He reckoned no one really liked to be alone, but he wanted to believe that it wasn't just that.
    "I don't feel alone any more, Adam," he confessed a bit shyly, "And it's all thanks to you..."

His voice trailed off and he laughed at himself when Adam pointed out he had chocolate all over, he put the plate down and started licking his lips clean, taking a napkin to help the process. "So silly," he commented, with a chuckle, noticing he had some cake on his finger and sucking it clean. "This is good though," he moaned happily.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 am

Adam's body responded to John's words by blushing. It had never occurred before, and Adam wasn't sure whether or not this was a good thing. It felt.. strange.. but also good at the same time. "I.. I'm honored by that. I've never achieved anything like that. I'm glad I finally made someone happy as well!" And Adam meant every word of it. He'd never made anyone feel happy or comfortable around, but now, for the first time, he seemed to have done just that.

His eyes lingered on John's lips, getting distracted by the tongue running over them. Adam's body getting tensed up before shivering as John sucked his finger. Why was this so distracting and why wasn't he able to tear his eyes away from it?

Adam blinked a few times, shaking his head before his eyes fluttered up to John's pair. "Yes. So..good." He muttered, still confused about what had just happened. "You.. You forget a bit." He stretched his finger, letting it run just underneath John's lower lip where he'd forgot a bit of chocolate.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:31 am

"I'm sure it'll happen more and more," he commented, happily giving Adam reasons to hope, he really wanted him to have a great future, and if there was a space for him in that future, well, John would be extremely grateful.

He was going to lick his lips again when Adam leaned closer, his heart got stuck in his throat as he felt the touch of his friend's finger, and soon after his tongue sliding against it. His eyes moved up, wide as they met Adam's and he pulled away just slightly. "Oh, uhm, sorry," he whimpered, he hadn't meant to lick him, but now he felt his taste mixed with the chocolate and his head was spinning a bit.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 am

His heart was racing against his chest when he gently ran his finger over the very soft surface underneath John's lip. Adam didn't pull back when John's tongue came out, but John seemed to do. His cheeks now more red then they'd been before and his eyes didn't quite stare back for a moment.

"No, don't be sorry." Adam whispered, placing his hand back where it'd came from. This time he let his thumb run over John's lower lip. His own face moving closer, as if he was observing John's lips closely.

"I.. I always.. Wondered." Adam stuttered, but didn't finish his sentence. In stead he leaned in and quickly let their lips meet. It wasn't long, and it sure wasn't very romantic. "Why people do this sometimes." He now finished his sentence, eyes narrowing as he still stared at John's lips.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:12 pm