BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

+2
Sherlock Holmes
JimMoriarty
6 posters

Braindamaged!Jim

Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Braindamaged!Jim - Page 9 Empty Re: Braindamaged!Jim

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 am

Sherlock took a couple of steps towards John, staring at him intensly as he spoke, although he couldn't help but laugh a little at the suggestion that he might fancy Jim.

"Me? And Jim?" he scoffed. "You must be kidding right? He's my arch enemy for God's sake. I hate him. If you left me alone in a room with him I really couldn't be held responsible for my own actions. No. No, it's nothing like that. I just...I don't want you getting close to him. Your my friend John. No one elses."

Sherlock frowned but accepted John's medical opinion that Jim probably wouldn't recover. "I guess it's for the best," he muttered, "although I'd really love to see the look on his face if he ever remembered who I was. And the look on his face before I blew his brains out," he added quietly under his breath, "properly this time."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 am

John looked at Sherlock confused, blinking for a moment. "I am your friend? And no one else's?" he replied incredulous. "I understand you might not be used to social conventions, Sherlock, but exclusivity is not something that applies to friendships. I can have more than one friend, I can be Jim's friend as well as yours," he pointed out, and then laughed. "We aren't married, and even if we were, I am not cheating on you," he joked, amused, Sherlock surely hadn't been serious.

His expression darkened as Sherlock talked about Jim, his hand automatically reaching out, squeezing the detective's wrist. "Just think of him as a different person... that James Moriarty is dead, he killed himself because you won the game," he muttered, his tone trying to be reassuring. "He's got the worst punishment for what he has done."
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 am

"If I married you, would you not have any other friends?" Sherlock asked, only half joking. "I don't have any other friends except you so...." he trailed off. It seemed logical to him that John should act the same way he did.

He stared down at John's hand around his wrist, trying to come to terms with this new Moriarty. He nodded slowly and sighed. "OK OK...I'll...I'll try my best," he promised. "But...it's probably best you don't leave us alone together."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 pm

"If you married me I would be officially yours, and you would be the most important person for me, but we would both be able to have friends," he explained, frowning at himself for even trying to make him understand. What was the point? Sherlock seemed to really be worried though and John looked at him for a long moment, thoughtful. "It doesn't matter if I have other friends Sherlock, you are the one I like the most."

He squeezed his wrist slightly. "It's hard even for me... Every time I look at him I think about the years I had to spend away from you... But he's too different, I can't blame him now."
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:10 am

Sherlock nodded slowly, John's hand on his wrist was reassuring. He grimaced slightly at the mention of the time they had spent apart. It was still a painful memory for both of them, and something they rarely talked about. An unspoken...thing, so many words left unsaid.

"John," Sherlock grabbed his friend's wrists and held him tight looking down into his eyes. "I won't leave you again, I promise. But...but...." he looked away, hating to admit his own vulnerability. "Please don't leave me either."

He let go quickly and turned away with a small cough, heading towards the door. "I'll try my best to...not kill him. For you John. And only for you."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 am

John looked up when Sherlock grabbed his wrist, blue eyes meeting grey, and staring, intense, for a long moment lost for words.
    "I won't leave you, Sherlock," he whispered, a promise, his lips drawing into a tense line and he stepped closer. "I have no reason to."

When Sherlock pulled away, quickly, coughing awkwardly, John felt he had stepped the line and touched his wrist nervously.
    "I..." Why should this be done for him? "Okay, well, thank you," he said with a frown, he was tired of arguing.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 am

Sherlock hesitated by the door, looking back at John. He smiled at him warmly then cleared his throat.

"John," he began cautiously. "I...I don't think I've ever said this but...well...you mean an awful lot to me John." He frowned and blinked quickly, blushing and a little embarrassed.

"Um...that's all. I've...been wanting to say that for a while." Sherlock hurriedly opened the door and disappeared back through to the living room before John could say anything else.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm

John couldn't help but smile at Sherlock's words, touched and flattered by the fact the detective felt the need to tell him about his feelings.
    "I feel the same," he whispered, even though Sherlock was already gone by then.

He walked to the kitchen, the gloomy mood evaporated, he settled to prepare something for their dinner.
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal. Brilliant, isn't it?
    Hobbies : Blowing things up, playing with detectives...

Post by JimMoriarty Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:09 am

He sits in the room quietly, listening to the sounds of venemous half-whispers in the hall, knowing he shouldn't intervene, not his business. He hears his name slipped in occasionally, the name they say is his but doesn't remember. The phone slips, almost by itself, out of his pocket, and he flips again through the pictures and the contacts, wishes they weren't named so cryptically--also that the pictures weren't so awful. It does nothing but make him feel worse and more confused--doesn't feel like he could possibly have done those things, but there's a hand on some of the pictures that is recognizably his own.
    Covered in blood, sometimes.
    He puts the phone down and looks at his hands. There's no blood on them, but he feels almost as though there is.
    It's an odd sensation.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 am

Sherlock arrived back in the living room to find Jim sat in his favourite seat. He closed his eyes and sighed slowly, forcing his mind to let go of the anger, trying to remember what John had said. He gave Jim a brief smile and went to sit in John's chair instead. He picked up today's newspaper and ruffled through it, glancing at the headlines.

John came in and headed towards the kitchen. Sherlock leapt up out of his chair and followed him, lingering in the doorway, watching him. "Are you making us a meal?" he asked with a small smile. "All of us?"
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 am

John felt himself blush slightly at Sherlock's words, he couldn't help but feeling queasy about their conversation and the situation as it was now. He had to take care of two people now, not just one, it felt an awful lot like a family, even though it was ridiculous to even think that way.

"Yes, of course," he said, squaring his shoulders. "Why? You wanted something in particular?" he asked, trying to sound as casual as possible as he leaned back to look at Sherlock.

((I can't believe we are playing this XDD like, such a weird situation! They are like a messed up family XDD I love it!!! And Jim! Remember you need to make Sherlock jealous >> (again XD)))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:56 am

"No," Sherlock scoffed, as if it was a ridiculous question. "Why would I? Whatever you're making is...fine." Then he muttered under his breath, "Not even hungry anyway."

He turned and headed back towards the living room, suddenly stopping and cocking his head to one side as if noticing something for the first time. He looked Jim up and down questioningly, then called back into the kitchen without looking round, without taking his eyes off Jim.

"John...why is Jim wearing the pyjamas I bought you for Christmas?"
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 am

"Oh...er..." He extends a hand, almost a 'come-back' gesture, because he feels like something's wrong and one of the two of them is angry, at him or each other, he doesn't know, and it's such an odd thing to be in a house.
    This house.
    This house is odd. He's been here before, he knows he has, yet...god, why doesn't he remember anything!?
    For an instant, everything spins and he breathes shakily, then everything rights itself again...he's got a headache, but for a moment the world makes sense. When the hurt leaves, things stop being clear, go out of focus. No!
    He doesn't realize he's said it out loud until they both turn to him, looks quizzical.

((...on it. <3333 I have evil plans.))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 am

John's eyes widened when Sherlock spoke, of course he'd notice, but he had given Jim that pair of pajamas before he realized the detective was jealous.
    He tried to shrug slightly, feigning indifference.
    "Well, mm, I don't really use pajamas... and... mm... he needed something..." he said, hoping it was not a big deal.

He looked at Sherlock, wondering if he should apologize or brush it off when Jim shouted a loud no.
    John started, and left the kitchen worriedly.

"Hey, you ok?" he whispered, kneeling in front of Jim, looking into his eyes and seeing the confusion and pain in them.
    God, he felt so bad for him.
    Even though it was James Moriarty that was sitting in front of him.

((counting on you <3 ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:27 pm

It took a while for the words to process properly in Sherlock's mind and for a while he just stood in the middle of the room, hardly believing what he was hearing, what he was seeing.

His natural impulse was to flare up. He was hurt that John hadn't liked his Christmas present. Why didn't he just say so at the time? he wondered. He would have happily exchanged the pyjamas for something else, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But to keep them all this time and not ever use them was just irrational and beyond Sherlock's understanding. He was also angry that he'd now given it to Jim of all people.

He opened his mouth to speak when Jim suddenly shouted out loud and John raced over to see if he was all right. So Sherlock just continued to stand there, watching them, seemingly so close together now. Best friends. He no longer felt jealous or angry. Just...sad.

He swiflty turned and stalked into the kitchen, noisily clattering around with his chemistry equipment. It was bound to annoy John if he started doing an experiment when he was trying to cook, so he spread everything out all over the table and sat down.
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 pm

"I just... whoops. Sorry, John." --ny. The voice in his head finishes the nickname.
    -No, he doesn't like that.
    -Never stopped me before.
    -Just be quiet, all right?

"Just a thought. I remembered something, but then it left." He waves the doctor off, feeling stupid for calling out.
    -Even you aren't really stupid. You're just slow.
    -Shut up.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 am

John's eyes were fixed on Jim, worried, and he completely missed the hurt look on Sherlock's face. Little did he know about how much he was hurting his best friend, but after all, John had always been too impulsive, and he was bound to pay the price for his thoughtlessness.

He smiled reassuringly at Jim. "It's going to happen a lot, at least for the first few months," he muttered, fumbling with his hair in a sort of affectionate gesture. "But soon you will have new memories and your mind won't think too much about the past any more," he explained before looking at the kitchen.

He realized something was wrong the moment he saw Sherlock was spreading out his chemistry kit.
    "Hey, I am cooking!" He protested, walking back to the kitchen. "Sherlock, what are you doing?" he asked confused.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 am

Sherlock smirked to himself, realising his plan had worked. As John came heading back over to the kitchen, he continued to get out his equipment and take up as much space as possible.

"Important experiment," he muttered without looking up. "You'll just have to work around me."

He was desperately trying to use one of his mind palace techniques to block out his hurt feelings and emotions. It was the only way he could stop the pain. But it wasn't working. There was still something naggling him, something he had to say.

"I was willing to die for you John," he finally ejected, quite loudly. "I jumped off a bloody roof for you....and you gave my Christmas present away to the guy that made me do it." He laughed absurdly, then sneered, "And you wonder why I choose not to have friends."

He turned his back on John and stared down into his microscope, his vision of the sample blurred by the tears stinging his eyes.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 am

"Important experiment my foot, I am preparing dinner, and you are eating too, you could prepare the table instead of doing this," he exclaimed, but his voice faded quickly as Sherlock tensed up.
    His words were like a slap to his face, cutting deep into his pride just as well as into his heart.
    Guilt and hurt mixing in his chest, he realized nothing had actually been resolved by their previous conversation.
    He stalked closer, grabbing Sherlock's shoulder and making him turn away from the table and towards him.

"I know perfectly well what you have done for me, and you know that I would do the same any day, it's just a bloody pajamas! Why do you give it such importance?" he asked, frowning, Sherlock was worse than a jealous wife, but there had to be a reason for this.

"I will get it back as soon as we can buy him a few things for God's sake, I am not giving it away..." he cupped Sherlock's cheek, making him meet his gaze. "You know I care for you... don't say you'd prefer to have no friends..."
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Sherlock tried to shrug away from John's touch but his friend held his chin firmly and he was forced to look up into his eyes, scowling.

Finally he grabbed John's wrist and swiped his arm away freeing himself."OK fine," he muttered, conceding defeat. "You can go shopping tomorrow and get him some clothes."

Sherlock stood up and began to pack away his equipment. "I was only doing this to annoy you," he muttered, "I haven't really got an important experiment to do," then he added quietly and with his back turned, "I wouldn't change anything John, I care about you too."
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Yet another conversation he's not privy to. Sigh.
    Jim tries to ignore it--what little of it he can hear he doesn't understand anyway. Stupid injury. Stupid gun. Stupid hole in his stupid head. Why'd he have to do it? Why'd he have to be who he used to be and why had that person vanished with the bang of a pistol?
    Not that he wanted 'Jim' back, if the voices and the stories were anything to go by.
    But at least he probably had some clue what was going on.
    He's only been back for a day, and confusion has already made itself his reigning state of mind.
    Everything was probably easier then.
    Maybe he does want 'Jim' back.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:25 am

The way Sherlock freed himself, the way he pushed John's hand away made his heart clench in his chest, it reminded him of how touches were strictly avoided between them and he berated himself for the urge to break that silent rule.
    Every waking hour he wanted to touch his best friend.
    It was a secret too difficult to keep in times like this.

He stepped back, hiding the hurt in his gaze, because he knew Sherlock could read it way to easily.
    "I know you were doing it to annoy me, it was rather obvious..." he muttered, turning towards the stove, feeling a wall between them.

"Then stop being silly, you are acting like a jealous wife, and other than telling you that I don't want anything to happen between me and Jim, I do not know what to do... I can't stop being nice to him..." he looked at him swiftly, then frowned. "Why are you being so insecure about what I feel for you? No one can replace you in my life... you're indispensable to me..."
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Sherlock glanced at John, realising he'd hurt him in someway but unsure how or why. He sighed softly, not knowing what he could say to help. He stood up and finished packing away his equipment in the cupboard, clearing the table once again.

"I'm not jealous," he scoffed defensively. "And...and thank you," he muttered, looking down at the floor. "Thank you for caring so much about me. No one's ever....no one's ever done that before." Sherlock's voice was reduced to almost a whisper as he quickly turned on his heels to hide his blush and headed out of the kitchen back into the living room.

He hoisted himself up onto the chair opposite Jim and pulled his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. He looked over at Jim and, forcing himself to smile asked in the sweetest voice he could manage, "how are you feeling Jim? Any better?"
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:13 am

"Yeah, right, not jealous, your behavior is completely normal," he muttered sarcastic, but he didn't feel like insisting further, especially since he noticed a wonderful blush spread on Sherlock's cheeks.

"I am not everyone," he pointed out simply, watching Sherlock's frame as he walked away from him.
    He tried not to stare at his butt, blushing at his own thoughts, what the hell was wrong with him?

"Dinner will be ready in 15 minutes," he said simply, going back to prepare it, smiling at himself as he heard Sherlock trying to be nice to Jim. It was kind of cute.
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 pm

He's a bit taken aback when Sherlock makes what he can see as...the first so far in terms of attempts to be civil.
    "Er...all right, I suppose. A bit of a headache, but they told me that would happen--"
    Unsure what to say from there, he merely looks down at his hands for a moment before the voice in his head snarls something about looking scared and he snaps his head up in compliance.
    "There's also..." he starts to talk about the cruel little voice, but decides when the words are halfway out of his mouth that he really doesn't need to look crazy. "Never mind, it's gone."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content