BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

+2
Sherlock Holmes
JimMoriarty
6 posters

I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs

JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal. Brilliant, isn't it?
    Hobbies : Blowing things up, playing with detectives...

I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs Empty I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs

Post by JimMoriarty Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Put this on tumblr but thought it might interest you all. xD
    -----------
    "A debunk on why Jim is a psychopath:

All right this is going to cement my insanity in your all’s heads.
    FULL SPEED AHEAD.

So today I got my hands on a copy of ‘The Psychopath Test’ by Jon Ironson. Has anybody read it? If not I recommend it because it is fascinating. I’m normally a pretty fast reader, around 700 words per minute, but I couldn’t put this one down and I finished all 272 pages of it in my history class period. (I’m a good student, can you tell?)

It’s about, well, psychopaths, and Sherlock is part of the reason I wanted to read it, and guys, have you ever heard of the Hare Test? It’s to pick out who psychopaths are. And guys, does this sound like anyone you know of?

1.) Glibness/Superficial charm, 2.) Grandiose sense of self-worth, 3.) Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom, 4.) Pathological lying, 5.) Cunning/manipulative, 6.) Lack of remorse or guilt, 7.) Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric), 8.) Callous/lack of empathy, 9.) Failure to accept responsibility for own actions, 10.) Parasitic lifestyle, 11.) Poor behavioral control, 12.) Lack of realistic long-term goals, 13.) Impulsivity, 14.) Irresponsibility, 15.) Juvenile delinquency, 16.) Early behavior problems, 17.) Revocation of conditional release, 18.) Promiscuous sexual behavior, 19.) Many short-term marital relationships, 20.) Criminal versatility.

DID I JUST DESCRIBE JIM MORIARTY? YES, YES I DID. He ranks something like 34-36 out of forty on this, which is somewhat ridiculous, given that thirty is the number that they go “oh shit this guy’s going to kill someone” and lock you the fuck up. Sherlock ranks around a ten, depending on your headcanon of how much of his lack of empathy is faked.

Additional characteristics of psychopaths include high energy, the belief that their victims have no right to complain, a highly charismatic personality, inability to express any deep emotion, not having dreams—or if so only rarely and in black and white, desiring a feeling of control, don’t feel fear and find it hard to recognize the emotion in others, and finding blood, gore, and violence to be ‘puzzles’ or simply very interesting.

Threats have no meaning to psychopaths, and they can’t bear disrespect. They love winning and they love power, which is apparently what’s left when you take away basic human compassion. Oh, and the book specifically mentions under number one on the list that psychopaths often are known to wear suits(more often than is necessary) to look impressive or powerful. Sound like your friendly neighborhood jackass to anyone?

Sorry for this extremely long post, my notes go on to include maniac episodes and crap and you don’t want to hear this. xD Just go read the book and note that Jim is one crazy-ass motherfucker.

Also note that psychiatrists and psychologists use the words ‘psychopath and ‘sociopath’ interchangeably. Fun fact for your day."
    ---------
    As a note, I do play Jim pretty much as close to this test as possible. xD
    Because yes.
    The only thing I change is I give him some emotion around Seb, which is unrealistic but good for my ship. XD
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs Empty Re: I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:42 pm

OK, so I was just in hysterics reading all of them. IT IS JIM MORIARTY. Totally. Just in case we needed actual PROOF that he's a psychopath well there it is!!

The things that made me laugh the most were the suits. Also number 18) promiscuous sexual behaviour (good for shipping!).

And I love the idea of Jim dreaming in black and white only!

I actually feel like printing these out and putting them on my wall underneath your profile pic of Jim. It just....fits.
    The Woman
    The Woman

Job : Dominatrix
    Hobbies : Dating Consulting Detectives, dating Consulting Criminals and having dinner with both.

I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs Empty Re: I Should Stop Posting Things That Aren't RPs

Post by The Woman Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 am

This is epic. Even science proved it. Jim, you're a psychopath.

I loved the thing about the suits! x)
    Yeah, and number 18.... BRING IT ON

Speaking of which: I am terribly bored with only 2 or 3 topics going on, so would you like to do one with me? Smile Keeping the Hare Test in our minds? Razz
    JimFromIT
    JimFromIT

Job : A little of this, and a bit of that

Post by JimFromIT Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 am

Oh dear O.O Well, like everyone else said, we have solid scientific proof now. And thankyou for posting this!!
    Anthea_MI6
    Anthea_MI6

Job : Personal Assistant to Mycroft Holmes
    Hobbies : Walking, sailing, travelling

Post by Anthea_MI6 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 am

I have loads of research on psychopathy - Jim scores very high on many of the assessment tools..
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:26 am

@Sherlock: You have my photo on your wall? I'm flattered, dear.
    But no seriously. xD I was kind of dying while reading the book because I was like, THIS IS JIM IT IS HE IS RIGHT HERE WHAT WHAT and then I felt I had to share it with tumblr and alskjf. XD

@Irene: I would love to start something with you. <3 Just be warned that I'm only just doing my first m/m smut with Seb and I'll probably be fully unable to function on het, so don't expect too much if that's what you'd like. xD

@Prof: LOL you're welcome. xD I had fun writing it.

@Anthea: Psychology is so interesting. <3
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Job : Retired Army doctor working at a hospital in London
    Hobbies : solving crimes with Sherlock

Post by J Watson@221B Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 am

Oi..... I just read the list and found that I know a lot of psychopaths... including me as a minor case... oi.....
    creepy... oh well! Very Happy
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 am

Oh, no. A few points aren't a big deal. xD
    The Woman
    The Woman

Job : Dominatrix
    Hobbies : Dating Consulting Detectives, dating Consulting Criminals and having dinner with both.

Post by The Woman Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh, don't worry, love. I have got an idea already Wink I messaged you about it, so please check it out <3
    Anthea_MI6
    Anthea_MI6

Job : Personal Assistant to Mycroft Holmes
    Hobbies : Walking, sailing, travelling

Post by Anthea_MI6 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:36 pm

@Jim - Psychology is interesting but profiling criminal behaviour is fascinating...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am