BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

4 posters

Looking for characters

Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Job : Ex-Colonel
    Hobbies : Annoyin' a particular older brother; shootin'; havin' an odd drink with another Ex-Colonel, or a particular Captain; infiltratin' the Government

Looking for characters Empty Looking for characters

Post by Colonel James M. Fri May 10, 2013 5:54 am

So this is where I advertise for an rp. No idea why I didn't find it earlier, but ah well.

Would like big brother Jim to come along. That would definitely be the first character I'm looking for. Or Moran. Perhaps with both? Or separate rps would do just as good.

Definitely needing a Sherlock. Pre or post-Reichenbach is fine. Though I do favour the idea that after Jim's death (funeral? Not sure if Jim would like that sort of thing, but we could still roll with it.) Sherlock meets James. Could use the idea of revenge.
    Would love a John too, or any character. OC, canon, whatever.

Just to get me started. I've experience with rping because of tumblr and omegle, but they can only satisfy one for so long.

x
    ToySoldier
    ToySoldier

Job : Doctor/Blogger...babysitter er uhm companion

Looking for characters Empty Re: Looking for characters

Post by ToySoldier Fri May 10, 2013 6:17 am

Well my Moran is entirely available if you can find a Jim. Seb's abit amused at the prospect of that drink though he's still not sure about the dog comment Smile

I've done some rp on tumblr but this I concur is far more satisfyin, especially with so many options. If you have some ideas for somethin you can send them to Moran and I'd be happy to discuss.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 10, 2013 6:23 am

I'd love to jump in on this. You don't realise how much I fangirled when I saw someone had made a Col James profile.
    Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Hobbies : Annoyin' a particular older brother; shootin'; havin' an odd drink with another Ex-Colonel, or a particular Captain; infiltratin' the Government

Post by Colonel James M. Fri May 10, 2013 6:32 am

Got a little confused there with the sudden change of accounts. I'll send a message to your Moran and we can have a bit of Colonel on Colonel action there. Should be fun.

Well, I was that person Smile Is there anything you would like to suggest? Ideas are always good.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 10, 2013 6:46 am

I like the post-Reichenbach idea. Maybe even before Sherlock returns back to Baker Street. And he doesn't know that Jim is alive. Are we having it that Jim is still alive? I don't mind either way.

Not sure how he would meet James, but we could go for the traditional canon approach that Col James is helping to discredit Sherlock's reputation. I normally write post-Reichenbach Sherlock that he is busy travelling all over Europe breaking up Moriarty's criminal web and encountering all kinds of assasins, snipers, hit men, petty criminals, bringing them to justice either through the law or otherwise. Perhaps he could encounter James somehow on his travels?

I'm just throwing ideas out there, I honestly don't mind.
    Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Post by Colonel James M. Fri May 10, 2013 7:00 am

I think we should go with the idea that Jim is dead. That would have James cold-shouldered with Sherlock. He wouldn't be too happy about his brother's death.

Meeting James while he is travelling sounds interesting. I'd be up for that, definitely.

The other idea I had in mind is that Sherlock 'accidentally' comes across him, so they had not planned any meetings at all. James could be working for an organisation that maybe the government is having trouble with. Sherlock might not have returned by then, and so John still thinks he's dead, but I think he'd definitely want to know how he's coping. He could threaten to expose James, but he makes a deal in keeping an eye on John for him out of 'favour'.

We could possibly find a John if you're interested, but I would be fine with going ahead with your suggestion.
    ToySoldier
    ToySoldier

Job : Doctor/Blogger...babysitter er uhm companion

Post by ToySoldier Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 am

Sorry sorry, I suppose I didn't think about that. I should have though, bad brain. And not to dominate at all as there are tons of lovely folks to rp with here but if you do wind up needing a John mine is fairly available.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 am

Ahh, I like that idea. When you say "organisation", do you mean a criminal organisation?

Maybe one that Sherlock is involved with breaking up. He's been told by one of his informants that there's a link to Moriarty in the organisation but he doesn't know any more than that. Maybe he isn't even aware that Jim had a brother, then they meet by accident.

Sherlock could attempt to infiltrate the organisation, working undercover, passing himself off as a hitman. Maybe James would recognise him and threaten to blow his cover. They end up making a deal because Sherlock wants to know how John is getting on.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 10, 2013 7:09 am

I'm sure we probably will need a John for this RP at some point too, although probably a bit later, when they return to London.
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Job : Assistant to Sherlock Holmes
    Hobbies : Reading, Blogging.

Post by His-Doctor Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 am

If you need a John for a very small side part then give me a shout. Willing and able.
    Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Post by Colonel James M. Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 am

First of all, I never expected anyone to actually have any interest in Colonel James. Really happy I found a few takers for RPs. So, thanks to you. I'm sure I'll find a Jim eventually. I'm honestly up for anything and everything.

I like what you added to my idea. We'll go with that, yeah? It's all good. And yes, spot on, a criminal organisation.
    If you want to participate as John, that's fine with me. I don't think any of this will involve any smut, unless some Johnlock is involved. Depends on what you plan for Sherlock + John in this after he returns.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 am

OK then. Let's do this!

I guess this will be in the Traditional section. Will you start it off then Colonel?

And any ideas for a title?
    Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Post by Colonel James M. Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 am

For a title, I would have suggested 'Dealings with the Devil', but that sounds more like something you'd use with Sherlock/Jim. Titles aren't my strong point, I'll give you that.

You don't mind if I start tomorrow, do you? Getting late now, and in addition, I'm on my phone, so it's a little difficult getting around a few things.
    Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Post by Colonel James M. Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 am

We could add a 'Brother' on the end, come to think of it. Then it would be 'Dealings with the Devil's Brother'.
    I have no idea. Would that title be any better?
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 am

Yeah, that'll do! Titles aren't my strong point either, and they don't matter too much once you get going.

And yes, by all means, start tomorrow. It's late here too.
    Colonel James M.
    Colonel James M.

Post by Colonel James M. Sat May 11, 2013 7:36 am

Didn't realise how long it would take me to actually get on and type something up, but you can choose if you want Sherlock to still be pretending to be just another hitman, though I have left the client optional if you would prefer to take that part.

https://sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t483-dealings-with-the-devil-s-brother-colonel-james-m-sherlock-holmes#22643
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat May 11, 2013 8:06 am

Yay. Replied. Exciting stuff. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:58 am