BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Claudia and Jesse

InsanityxSmiles
    InsanityxSmiles

Claudia and Jesse Empty Claudia and Jesse

Post by InsanityxSmiles Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:24 pm

“Gods dammit, you son of a bitch!” The scream from his mother’s room was a surprise to Jesse, who he’d thought had gone to take a nap. Frowning so his nose crinkled and mouth got a sour look, the boy set down his tablet- a very expensive gift he took good care of- the boy wandered to his mother’s room, pushing open the door to look inside the overly-white room at his mother, who was only partially dressed in her suit from earlier with the tie slung over her shoulders, jacket across the edge of the bed. Sitting crossed-legged, she was glaring down at her laptop, her own face twisted into the same scowling expression he’d had moments ago.

“Mom?” Eyes flashing up, the look was washed away, a soft smile feminizing Blair’s features. “Is Alex…?” The woman nodded ruefully before pushing her laptop away with one hand, running her fingers through her slicked-back, honey brown hair with the other.

“Yeah, he’s… well, he’s close.” Hands free, she offered them to her son, who was quick to crawl into her bed and on her lap.

“So, I have to pack again?” Despite being seven, the boy had been through this before- his father closing in on them, always uncertain if it was to take him and his mother away, or to kill his mother. Either way, he had been told honestly about his father and wanted nothing to do with him.

“Yeah. We’ve got to be out of here by midnight. Earlier, if we can.” The boy remained quiet for several long moments, giving the woman time to think. As she ran her fingers through his soft blonde hair, she began to hum, the sound a deep and familiar rumble to him. “I think we’ll try leaving America, see if that helps. I was thinking maybe London.” Looking down, she met her very own eyes, still pleased that some part of her had been dominant against Alexander’s genetics. Dark green irises that were made darker by the thick black line that bordered them. “What do you think?” A thoughtful look crossed his face as he looked up but through his mother.

“Okay,” With a nod, the boy finally agreed. “Are you going to change your name?”

“I was thinking Claudia Marks.” Propping her chin on her wrist, she eyed him. “Going to stay Jesse? Be Jesse Marks?”

“Can we do Fowl?” Lifting a brow, Blair took a moment.

“Claudia Fowl? I suppose I don’t mind it.” At least he hadn’t asked if they could be Snicket’s this time. “Claudia and Jesse Fowl. Yeah, I like it.” The beaming grin her little boy offered her was well
    worth the adjustment in name. “Now, you know the drill. Two suitcases- only things you refuse to leave behind.” Lifting him off the bed, the woman stood up; adjusting her tie and smoothing out any wrinkles in her shirt.

While her son packed the clothing and electronics he so enjoyed, Blair buisily wiped and burned all the files from her laptop. Packing would be easy for her- everything in her closet had an order, as well as everything in her dressers. Everything she owned could be zip-locked in her space bags she’d bought two years ago, tired of leaving behind clothing she still liked. Make up could be re-purchased, so could books and other trinkets. Her phone and laptop would be mailed to a deposit box in San Antonio to be locked up like all the rest.

By the next day, Claudia and Jesse Fowl boarded a plane to London, Claudia already searching for apartments- or flats, as they were called there.

So, this is an idea of how I write, and these are my two characters I want to start out with.

"Claudia" is a hacker, programmer and all around technical genius, who just happens to be almost perfectly androgynous, which benefits her just fine as she is what she happily refers to as "Mentally gender-neutral."

Jesse is a seven year old that doesn't know how to deal with people, or really even care much for them. He prefers to spend his time reading, and will read literally anything he can get his hands on.

Their backgrounds are far more extensive, but that's just a general idea for you. I'd like to maybe move her into the basement flat of 221B- might be an easy way to place her in.
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : The Work, playing violin, insulting Anderson

Claudia and Jesse Empty Re: Claudia and Jesse

Post by allonsysherlocklove Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Alrighty. This sounds interesting. Who are you going to need? A Sherlock, John, and Mrs Hudson I'm sure since it will be placed in 221 Baker St. Maybe a Mycroft since she's a hacker. That could be interesting. I can play John or Sherlock, either way. Also, the basement flat is 221C, fyi.

I can totally see this kid getting attached to Sherlock. It would be...interesting (that's apparently the word of the day for me).
    InsanityxSmiles
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks- don't really hear the actual name of it often- I just heard the basement flat. A Sherlock definately, John possible, depending on where in the timeline we start it out. I can write Hudders, I'm pretty sure. Mycroft would be cool, but I'm so not at his well established level haha. And Jesse? Oh, Jesse would adore him. It might take a bit, because he'd rather sit on his tablet reading than to actually talk to people. But with his enjoyment of learning, I'm sure he'd be easily interested in our dearest detective.

So, would you be interested?
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Post by allonsysherlocklove Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Yeah, definitely. Mrs Hudson and I just started doing an RP together, and I've encountered a couple of people who play Mycroft. Also, I don't know if they'd be interested, but GJLestrade plays a great Lestrade. The Spider's pretty good at playing a baddie, but you might already have that established. Also, Sydney-Harrison is a really diverse player, but I don't know how busy they are. Also, His-Doctor/Sherlock. is great. They're really good at both John and Sherlock. Um, might also want to look at sweetstripedwatson.

Anyway, these were just a few suggestions of people you might want to check out that I'm familiar with. You'll probably get people commenting here over the next couple of days. But yeah, I'd be interested in either John or Sherlock.
    InsanityxSmiles
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 pm

That's awesome!  Should I ask the various people, or let them find this themselves and decide if they'd be interested on their own? As for who you can play- pick who's most comfortable for you!

One baddie I can play would be Alexander Carver, a man who mixes both legal and illegal means to help various companies he backs. He's had various interactions with some members of the Italian mob- as well as the occasional politician who's needed an opponent bribed or fall victim to some horrible accident or another. In short, he arranges any way to protect his clients for a rather pretty price. Alex is Blair's ex-fiance and Jesse's dad.

I also have Tasha, who I shall affectionately call the Nursery Rhyme Killer- I'm sure you can deduce what that means.

Last edited by InsanityxSmiles on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Post by allonsysherlocklove Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm

I'd say give it a couple days to see who approaches you. I'd rather play Sherlock. I somehow end up playing John a lot, and I'd like to practice with Sherlock for a bit.
    InsanityxSmiles
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Alrighty- Sherlock you can be. I tried to add an image on here but got a bit confused, so my avatar is the drawn image of Blair. I tried to make her look androgynous, so I drew a more feminine version on one side, and the masculine version on the other. Not great, but gives an idea.
    InsanityxSmiles
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:57 am

I should probably mention I would be glad to do one-on-one or group role play. If you have something in mind or would like to work something out, I'd love to help out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:18 pm