BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 am

I would be delighted to do so.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:56 am

It is your cue to begin plotting about the why, what, who, how of the murder, thearchenemy. Wink By the way, we just acquired a Moriarty player. You can see his thread, forum name jimmoriartyhi.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 am

Yay, I love plotting murders! XD

Ahead of you on that one, I read through it already.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:01 am

Good, next please.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:02 am

Next as in?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:06 am

Next in your agenda.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:06 am

Count me out if it's a four-hander and Moriarty is the villain plot. Done so many it lost its freshness.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:10 am

I don't think Moriarty is neccessarily the villian plot here. My character temporarily sides with him to find who or what killed her parents. The villian is whatever killed them (no ties with Moriarty there).
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:12 am

Next on my agenda: sleep. I stayed up the entire night for this, and I need to refresh myself so that I can function better. Then I'll plan out the possible murder.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:21 am

I'm still unclear what the plot is. She's the victim, her parents were murdered, the police dismissed it as an accident on the motorway and Mycroft walses her off in his big black car 9 years ago -why?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:22 am

Afternoon in UK. Sleep well.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 am

Have a nice rest full with (mis)adventures! ^^
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:34 am

Oh, sorry for not clearing this up. That part was cut out. Here's the one you need to see:

She is desperate to figure out what happened to her parents. After telling the police her theory as a teen, she stopped believing it and stopped thinking about it too. A few years later, she starts looking into it again, and she falls for the trick that Moriarty set up. She temporarily joins his side under the impression he's helping her. She finally sets out to meet Sherlock, partly because Moriarty wanted her to and partly because she doesn't really kniw what else to do. She tells Sherlock all about what happened but refuses to call herself his client. Her job is to manipulate Sherlock so that Mycroft will risk his life to try and save his little brother. While he is vulnerable, the plan is to kill him, or at least attempt to. This is when she realizes how stupid she was for ever associating herself with someone like Moriarty, who lets her go as she has no purpose any longer. He continues to work behind the scenes and still taunts them occasionally, but it's mostly lowkey while she and Sherlock try to solve the crime.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:45 am

Thanks, I thought I was missing a bit of info. Okay, continue plotting when we are all awake!
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:05 pm

I've been thinking about how the murder will work out, but it's rather difficult. I started thinking about possibly having her parents poisoned with a slow killer, and then arrange the car crash to happen a few weeks before they died of poisoning. The poison would have to be something undetectable and unnoticeable, but also not show up on the autopsy.

I went over to a friend's house earlier, and they told me about a cool stapler they found. It has the regular staple compartment on top, but there was a sort of secret compartment on the underside to store extra staples. I came across the thought that Moriarty would be the staples in the regular compartment, and that a secret villain could be the secret compartment. Not to say that Moriarty doesn't think for himself; he does. But I think that Moriarty isn't the worst it could get, that there is someone else out there that is more unstable and evil than him.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Help.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Hmm... do you mean Moriarty have an advisor from the type of:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheManBehindTheMan
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:20 pm

That's pretty much what I was going for, yeah. The idea intrigues me, since Moriarty seems to be about as evil as it gets.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Then the final showdown would be with this unknown-yet figure. Go with it, it will give you more room to adapt the storyline when necessary.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:37 pm

I plan to develop this villain more and more throughout the roleplay so that even I won't know what this person is really like.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 pm

About the murder, what is the purpose of the poison if the targets are designed to die on an automotive accident?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:46 pm

The accident isn't really fatal, but the poison is, so it's really the poison that kills them. Actually, I think that instead of having the crash a few weeks earlier, I'd say a few hours or so before their death.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Why two different methods of assassination?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:03 pm

To ensure their death. The villain wants no possibility of survival, and if the poison doesn't kill them in time, they would be incapacitated and would die by the time they got to the hospital.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Why not simply arrange for a fatal crash instead of taking additional risk with poison (might be discovered at autopsy, human body react differently. Not to mention you will have to come with the poison itself, dose, method of administration, how it works, etc).
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:17 pm

A car crash death simply isn't enough to satisfy them. They wanted to see her parents die in a more painful way. The poison would cause general discomfort at first, like headaches and body pains, but as time progresses, it gets worse. Most of the effects are internal and very secluded so that the person doesn't even know anything is wrong. They only start to feel the excruciating pain (it flares up, so it's not constant pain) in their last days, when it becomes incurable. Her parents arrange a doctors' appointment, but it's too late and the crash happens before they ever go to see a medical professional.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am