BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League

John S Watson
    John S Watson

Job : GP Ex Army Captain, Devoted Companion,
    Hobbies : Medicine, Law, Military Strategy, Blogger

Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League Empty Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League

Post by John S Watson Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 am

Please see Story Ideas.

I am to be John and looking for a good Sherlock and others as THE CASE may be.

Honing my John Watson Skills.

John
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League Empty Re: Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League

Post by Sherlock. Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 am

Is it to be set in 21st century an update of the canon story or set in the period?
    John S Watson
    John S Watson

Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League Empty Re: Sherlock Wanted - Conventional Canon - The Red Headed League

Post by John S Watson Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:40 am

If that's what you want - it could be interesting.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:26 am

I think it's a good story and also interesting to make a side by side comparison of what makes the canon characters tick and compare their motivations and viewpoints with the BBC versions.

ACD is accused of lack of continuity in characterisation across the sixty stories I prefer to see it that the stories show how the characters develop as people as a result of the influence of one on the other and focuses on specific personality aspects relevant in a story. Your John will be yours and probably a bit different to mine depending on which characteristics you feel are the most cohesive and iconic.

My suggestion is we update if there is a good modern equivalent since there'll always be more call for a recognisably BBC version in an RP.
    Missing pastry
    Missing pastry

Post by Missing pastry Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 am

Oooh the red-headed league been a while since I read that one. So if the story were updated would there be some of what's currently happening or has happened in the Sherlock series coming across.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:28 am

Missing pastry wrote:Oooh the red-headed league been a while since I read that one. So if the story were updated would there be some of what's currently happening or has happened in the Sherlock series coming across.

Oh yeah. Very Happy Bank job innit blud.
    Missing pastry
    Missing pastry

Post by Missing pastry Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 am

Dat bank..
    John S Watson
    John S Watson

Post by John S Watson Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 am

John was updating his Blog and was keen on including an adventure that he and Sherlock had been working on the previous year. He hadn’t entered it into the blog when it happened because there were a few delicate matters, related to the case, which Sherlock had not wanted releasing at the time. Sherlock had told him to wait for a year before revealing any details; he had kept his word.
    He thought for a minute before loading up the blog site and then he sat there thinking for a minute or two, before typing.

It had called home early one evening last Autumn, because the surgery heating had suddenly gone off due to a power cut. I had seen what patients I could but one by one the patients filtered out after I had explained I could only treat emergencies, Although the laptop battery lasted for a while Broadband had gone down when the power went off.

t hardly seemed worth keeping the surgery open so I’d called a taxi and was back at Baker Street in super quick time.

When I entered the house and walked up the stairs to the living room, I had found Sherlock deep in conversation with a big stout man, who took up two seats on the couch. The man was sweating profusely which was unusual for the time of the year and was sporting a huge thatch of bright red hair, big bushy red eyebrows, which reminded me of a Squirrel for some reason and a ruddy face. I was about to take my case and go and sit in my bedroom to catch up with some of my patients notes, I also needed to charge the batteries on my laptop.

I had said Hello to Sherlock and excused myself whilst I asked him if he’d seen the power supply anywhere.

He more or less ushered me in and shut the door behind me.

'"You've just arrived in the nick of time John; this is what looks like it might be a very interesting case and one in which I do believe you might have a very positive input indeed, This gentleman, Mr Wilson, is my partner and trusty assistant, and has been such in my solving of many of my most interesting and successful cases and I've no doubt he would prove extremely beneficial in solving yours."'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm