BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

MIND (Moriarty Is Not Dead) palace

The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Location : Somewhere on the North side of an unregarded blue-green planet
    Hobbies : writing, reading, imagining, shooting policemen

MIND (Moriarty Is Not Dead) palace Empty MIND (Moriarty Is Not Dead) palace

Post by The Corpsemaker Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:11 am

Hello.
    Is anyone interested in playing either Sherlock or Moriarty in a rp were Sherlock, who is getting hallucinations about Moriarty being back, is fighting against his own insanity by confronting a mental Moriarty in the darker depths of his mind palace ?

Additional characters are welcome too !
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

MIND (Moriarty Is Not Dead) palace Empty Re: MIND (Moriarty Is Not Dead) palace

Post by Night Baron Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Would it include 'outside world' or only confined in Sherlock's 'mind palace' / only in that particular 'building'?
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:46 pm

It would indeed include outside world, any place Sherlock would imagine.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:55 am

The Corpsemaker wrote:It would indeed include outside world, any place Sherlock would imagine.

Sounds promising. I would like to offer to play Moriarty. Since this is all in Sherlock's mind, definitely needs to consult with Sherlock's player in regards of how Moriarty was perceived by the younger Holmes.

Another question, would it involve outside world too, as in 'real world'? I am thinking that unless Sherlock was unconscious all the time or was completely cut out from outside input, what happened inside his mind can and most likely will influence his actions in the 'real world' (schizophrenia-like condition).
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:42 am

I am truly sorry but someone already offered to play Moriarty recently. Since the rp has not started yet and he hasn't said that he was ready since Thursday, maybe you could see if he/she wants to let you play Moriarty! (besides, I don't think that he/she will really do the rp, after all).

I wasn't thinking about a younger Sherlock, I was thinking about Sherlock as we may find him some time after the end of the last episode.

I don't know if it should involve the outside world or not. At a larger scale, of course his condition involves inluence from the outside, but here I was thinking about a story where Sherlock sinks into his mind palace to fight his madness, like described in the storylines section (
    Spoiler:
    ) :

"The idea is that Sherlock needs to fight against madness, or at least psychopathology. His subconsciouss and the deepest corners of his conscious are trying to make him realize that Moriarty is dead and that what Sherlock sees and lives concerning Moriarty's resurrection (or rather come back) are nothing but hallucinations. So, various characters, the main one being Jim Moriarty himself appear inside his palace, symbolizing parts of his mind trying to help him, warn him or, in Moriarty's case, lead him to madness.
    So the basic plot is a journey through Sherlock's MIND palace (standing here also for Moriarty Is Not Dead palace) inside which he find himself fighting against himself (or, at least, the insane part of himself), which fight is symbolized by a new battle against his greatest enemy. "
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:01 am

The Corpsemaker wrote:I am truly sorry but someone already offered to play Moriarty recently. Since the rp has not started yet and he hasn't said that he was ready since Thursday, maybe you could see if he/she wants to let you play Moriarty!  (besides, I don't think that he/she will really do the rp, after all).

A pity, it could be interesting  Razz

The Corpsemaker wrote:I wasn't thinking about a younger Sherlock, I was thinking about Sherlock as we may find him some time after the end of the last episode.

I don't know if it should involve the outside world or not. At a larger scale, of course his condition involves inluence from the outside, but here I was thinking about a story where Sherlock sinks into his mind palace to fight his madness, like described in the storylines section (
    Spoiler:
    ) :

"The idea is that Sherlock needs to fight against madness, or at least psychopathology. His subconsciouss and the deepest corners of his conscious are trying to make him realize that Moriarty is dead and that what Sherlock sees and lives concerning Moriarty's resurrection (or rather come back) are nothing but hallucinations. So, various characters, the main one being Jim Moriarty himself appear inside his palace, symbolizing parts of his mind trying to help him, warn him or, in Moriarty's case, lead him to madness.
    So the basic plot is a journey through Sherlock's MIND palace (standing here also for Moriarty Is Not Dead palace) inside which he find himself fighting against himself (or, at least, the insane part of himself), which fight is symbolized by a new battle against his greatest enemy. "

In other words, Sherlock wants to convince himself that Moriarty is dead for good but a part of his mind that tends to prefers the most complicated explanation still cannot accept that the self-styled Napoleon of crime is 'easily' beaten like that, thus leading to conclusion that The Spider must be still alive. After all, Sherlock succeed to fake his own death, why Moriarty cannot do so too? His equal, counterpart to his intelligence, fellow flamboyant relentless pursuer of immediate pleasure in a world that cannot hope to fulfil their needs for constant mental stimulation.
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:13 am

Night Baron wrote:In other words, Sherlock wants to convince himself that Moriarty is dead for good but a part of his mind that tends to prefers the most complicated explanation still cannot accept that the self-styled Napoleon of crime is 'easily' beaten like that, thus leading to conclusion that The Spider must be still alive. After all, Sherlock succeed to fake his own death, why Moriarty cannot do so too? His equal, counterpart to his intelligence, fellow flamboyant relentless pursuer of immediate pleasure in a world that cannot hope to fulfil their needs for constant mental stimulation.

Yes. In fact, the biggest part of his mind makes him believe in Moriarty's return and hallucinate about him being back, but the rest of himself brings him into his mind palace to make him avoid to fall into madness.

That's it.

Here is the name of the person who wanted to play Moriarty, if you want to contact him/her : armydoctorJW.
    We will see what happens, and may be brought to do this rp together after all (if the foresaid person doesn't answer) Smile
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 am

The Corpsemaker wrote:

Yes. In fact, the biggest part of his mind makes him believe in Moriarty's return and hallucinate about him being back, but the rest of himself brings him into his mind palace to make him avoid to fall into madness.

That's it.

Here is the name of the person who wanted to play Moriarty, if you want to contact him/her : armydoctorJW.
    We will see what happens, and may be brought to do this rp together after all (if the foresaid person doesn't answer) Smile

Aww.... poor Sherly... *insert dark chuckle here* Laughing

When waiting for armydoctorJW, mind explaining why Sherlock thinks that he must retreat to his mind palace to avoid madness?
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:54 am

Well, he needs to focus and his Mind Palace is the best place for him to focus on essential problems. Besides, his subconsciouss initiates the process and sends him the right people to interact with him (including Moriarty, which he fights in his Mind Palace in order to be able to accept the idea that he is definitely dead). Sherlock did not decide cousciousely to go seek a solution to his problems inside his mind palace, because he is not consciousely aware of his condition.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:25 am

The Corpsemaker wrote:Well, he needs to focus and his Mind Palace is the best place for him to focus on essential problems. Besides, his subconsciouss initiates the process and sends him the right people to interact with him (including Moriarty, which he fights in his Mind Palace in order to be able to accept the idea that he is definitely dead). Sherlock did not decide cousciousely to go seek a solution to his problems inside his mind palace, because he is not consciousely aware of his condition.

Unconscious desire to bring own's impulses to heel.... in your version, is it Sherlock's natural reaction to everyday occurrences or is it a learned habit?

Trying to understand your Sherlock Wink
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:16 am

This impulse is bad for Sherlock. Sherlock is rationnal, and part of his conscious evolves, "knowing" that he is hallucinating, thus leading his subconsciouss in its "quest for a sane Sherlock" Wink
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 am

The Corpsemaker wrote:This impulse is bad for Sherlock. Sherlock is rationnal, and part of his conscious evolves, "knowing" that he is hallucinating, thus leading his subconsciouss in its "quest for a sane Sherlock" Wink

*Bring down the metaphorical scalpel again*  Razz In my experience, what come as natural reaction vs learned habit produce different results in highly stressful situation. Moriarty might not know Sherlock that deep, being he only know the second mostly from second-hand informations, but some people like Mrs. Hudson / Mycroft / parents who have ample time to interact with Sherlock will have better idea about what make him tick. Their knowledge, although tempered by what Sherlock think about it, will determine how they act in the mind palace scenario when 'confronted' with Sherlock. Since they might appear in the mind palace.....

Unless Sherlock never think that those people might posses said knowledge or all these times (reads, from childhood) Sherlock actually wear 'a mask' and be on guard 24/7/365  Very Happy

Last edited by Night Baron on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:03 am

*raise his head (and his bistoury), his surgical (though metaphorical) mask covered in blood*
    What a terrible mess. Razz
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:45 am

The Corpsemaker wrote:*raise his head (and his bistoury), his surgical (though metaphorical) mask covered in blood*
    What a terrible mess. Razz

Indeed, that would not do *rummages through Molly Hooper's stash in hyperspace* I remember that Sherlock put it here last time...

*Various items flew out from the aforementioned pocket dimension* Kitty Riley's glasses, Mrs. Hudson's can of herbal soothers, used syringe, umbrella-patterned tie, the tenth Doctor, violin, green-glowing feline, small bottle contains exactly one pill, rumpled jacket belongs to D.I. Lestrade, surgical scrub, ashtray, a pair of shoes with human skin-like's pattern.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:14 am