BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits Empty Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Post by Night Baron Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:39 pm

As the title of this thread suggested, I am searching for those who loves power play. Smile It could be in political arena that span nations or as a fellow roleplayer at the past had suggested, between two or more people who have taste for messing with other people's mind in non-catty (reads, queen bee) ways. Irene Adler, Lady Smallwood and Jim Moriarty came to mind but who knows if you can infuse that spark of 'bloodlust' into a character like Sally Donovan or Anthea. Smile
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Job : Consulting criminal
    Hobbies : Skinning you.

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits Empty Re: Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:11 pm

-Chucks myself at your service-

Sorry about being so absent D: !
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits Empty Re: Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Post by Night Baron Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Well well... aren't you familiar around here Laughing Oh dear, you already have some encounter with one of my whackiest OCs. So... Mr. Moriarty, what kind of story do you have in mind? Wink
    J.Moriarty
    J.Moriarty

Job : Consulting criminal
    Hobbies : Skinning you.

Post by J.Moriarty Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm practically open for any idea at the moment Smile I'm very happy to have another thread with Andrew Holmes, if you're up for that? Though, feel free to throw me an idea if one springs to mind!
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:07 am

Another thread, means you have something specific in mind? Very Happy Sure, you'll know immediately if yet another idea came to me.
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Job : Technical Writer
    Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Listening to Music while I do

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:18 am

Mr. Holmes,

I believe that power games over where I have hidden the cake tin are entirely unnecessary.

~ A
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:47 am

Anthea,

... Kindly put it back where it belongs to, immediately.

MH (-_-)
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:27 am

Sir,

Your physician encourages further exercise. I suggest bending and stretching to locate said tin. If you do locate it, save me a slice.

A

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:50 am

Text not sent due to a certain civil servant was pouting because of the perceived betrayal.
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:56 am

A: (*smirks*)
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:17 am

Anthea,

Give it back or you will be polishing your resume tonight.

MH

(( [giggles] here we go again, he is trying intimidation ))
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:34 am

Respectfully, Sir, may I remind you that between Mrs. Dudley and myself, a period of six months, you went through exactly 12 assistants, each of which you pronounced inadequate and untrainable?

If my first two weeks were any indication, firing me does not stick. [Swore she was fired at the end of each and every day during that time. After all, she was pulled from the secretarial pool and thrown into the deep end.]

A
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:49 am

Blasted woman! She is indeed the best of the lot but it doesn't mean she can take away a little slice of heaven that make hours of fixing other people's asinine problems bearable. He replied mulishly.

Anthea,

You are supposed to work for me. Tell me if hiding something that vital for the continuation of this empire is not tantamount with treason.

MH

((I take it that this A is not a trained Intelligence Officer masquerading as an executive assistant instead of an actual PA. Is the one in the Reincarnated thread the same? ))
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am

[ooc: Anthea aka Anna, is a trained intelligence officer, but that is not how she began. She is still Mycroft's assistant and friend (as much as he allows) and is most likely his left arm, but she is not his secretary/PA anymore.]

Sir,

This empire was not built on cake. Tea I will give you.

A

p.s. speaking of treason, will you please look at the file in your electronic inbox.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:14 am

.... He will buy another from the small bakery he frequented, and Anthea will not get any. That will teach her not to hold his cake hostage.

Anthea,

Tea is acceptable.

MH
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:20 am

[ooc: ha!! You'll get your cake back, just in slices with tea. She doesn't mean to starve you, just not have you eat it all in one sitting. Plum Puddings indeed.
    And yes, my Anthea is the same. She might poke him (gently) when it's just them, just like she would straighten his tie and make sure that he's perfection before going out the door. That said, she would never do any of this in public. Anthea's terribly loyal and the magic she can work with that blackberry is only limited by her wireless connection and programming. From green streetlights to just arriving elevators, Mycroft Holmes' life is terribly convenient when Anthea is around.]
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:35 am

(( Thanks to you I keep snickering and giggling and thus unable to enter the more serious mode for the Reincarnated thread Laughing :p Laughing Must be hard to be a Holmes minder, both of the brothers can be handful at times. I still shudder at the memory of Mycroft in The Special. Plum pudding, yeeck! I prefer lemon - lime layer cake and so are my dogs. ))
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:45 am

I loved that it was Anthea who brought out Sherlock's coat, probably all freshly cleaned and brushed, buttons all repaired. Not that she would do it herself, but she know who is the best in the business.

I can see it now, The Care and Keeping of a Holmes, by Anna Thiel and Dr. John Watson. It would be a handbook in case the boys ever reproduced or if either of their caretakers died/left and the Holmes had to be handed off to another person.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:12 pm

And only a few know about the bunker-like office. Wink

Hehehehheheheheh... I imagine it would be hard to find people who not only can stand them in the long term but also genuinely enjoy and thrives in the partnership. Looking at the series I swear that John have the patience of a saint at times.

The boys reproduced. o.o Through the surrogate system perhaps? I can picture Sherlock's playing with dangerous substances and Mycroft's raised by an army of nannies and tutors.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Say, do you have certain plan for the gameboard and its pieces on the Reincarnated thread?
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Nope, Very Happy figured i would let mr. games play with that, should he wish to. haven't even defined if check, backgammon or draughts
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Almost forgot. When in step by step conversation replies tends to be shorter in length but I will try to add bits and pieces to expand the description of what happened.
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:56 pm

No worries. That's completely normal.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Who is Liang?
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Liang, Soo Lin's brother, is Zhi Zhu, The Spider.
    She sees the Spider as an evil aspect/side who 'killed' the kind person her brother once was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:45 am