BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:26 pm

^^; I forgot, she didn't know The Spider's final fate.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted, fellow roleplayer with taste for battle of wits

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Is it ok with you if The Spider was quite known as a formidable assassin even in the international circles?
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Job : Technical Writer
    Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Listening to Music while I do

Post by Sherringford Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:41 pm

sure. why not. he wasn't a nice guy.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:44 pm

I read The Blind Banker transcript. Liang aka The Spider never really shown as being dead. Last scene is him falling to the floor with an arrow buried in his stomach. Death only implied, maybe he still alive somewhere out there?
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:39 am

I like it
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:21 am

In that case, what is his last known status to 'the side of the angels', is it dead or escaped before they can capture him or maybe like Soo Lin, recovery his health but in some secret detention facility somewhere?
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:38 am

If he can be made to talk (a difficult accomplishment), then he would be worth keeping alive. Liang's info would be more current and helpful as to the 'military' side of the Tong.

Likely the supply of blood (b positive that is common in asians and not at all in the caucasian population) is now low in the country as the siblings would have needed transfusions for their respective surgeries.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:47 am

So he was captured.

Btw, we are talking about London, right? A place where non natives outcount the true born Londoner Very Happy
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:59 am

A place where the daytime population is 9 million and nighttime is only a few hundred thousand, yes that London. London where they wanted to close down Bart's until they remembered that 9 million people flow into the city? The very same. Very Happy

and damn it, I'm not 'old' enough to post links to the info...

Note:
    Population numbers: search for - Under the raedar (misspelling intentional) WEDNESDAY, 21 DECEMBER 2011, London's Daytime Population

Asians are not listed. They would be in the 'other' category along with, well...others: search for London's Poverty Profile, go to Home » Poverty Indicators » Population & geography » London's population by ethnicity.

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:08 am

This one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:22 am

Ooo! I like that one better. It comes with actual numbers.

There are only 6.8 million blood donors in the US, out of a population of 319 million. If the approximate percentages hold true, that would mean that of the 124,250 Chinese in London, that only 249 of them (.2%) are likely to donate blood - provided I've done my math correctly.

O neg is always in short supply as it is the universal donator. Trying to use actual type would have been attempted once they knew. But how many of those Asian donors were actually B+.

No, none of this is important to the story, just a sideline visited in my mind.

Last edited by Sherringford on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:39 pm

That last scene reminds me to Victorian romance story. But in our time that gesture actually means something else. I almost died from laughing too much. You are so evil! Laughing
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:16 am

(*laughing*) Poor Soo Lin thinks she frightened him.

Sincere appreciation that was twisted in a feeling that she had known and traveled with him in a prior life. Almost a worship of what had brought her hope or trying to awakening a memory. It was more controlled than what she wanted to do, which was to sit at his feet and rest her head on his thigh. Perhaps next time when her hair is unsnarled and he can pet it, (*snickering*)
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:36 am

Well, he did run away like a startled deer. Laughing

Travelling together at the past, like the idea that souls tends to surround itself with its own 'special circle' in their various lifetimes? That's an interesting concept and I did a bit of reading about that earlier. Won't it be funny if it turns up that Soo Lin and Mycroft are siblings at the past? ^^

Ha, that reminds me to my GSD, she likes to do exactly that then stares with soulful eyes that sooner or later will melt your heart. It is a very effective technique, I tell you. XD
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:38 am

One of my favorite books is The Years of Rice and Salt which is the lives of these souls that keep being reborn and traveling through life and death together.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:53 am

Read the summary in Wikipedia. Social history rather than political or military. The hinted treatment of women there probably make me wants to strangle the author with rope made from pages of his own book. Dystopia in my eyes, I cannot imagine myself live in that kind of place. Mars, here I come, be prepared to be colonized because Resistance is Futile! [insert evil laughter here].

That kind society actually makes Sherlock's childhood fantasy of pirates looks interesting. Very Happy
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 am

His take on the Bardo and the River of Forgetfulness was what I found most interesting. Barry Hughart's Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox was my first encounter with this.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Like the Lethe river? Is reincarnation there a choice or mandatory?
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:15 pm

No one was ever given a chance to refuse. No one wished to stay, however, because 'demons' were in the Bardo and they punished the souls for their mistakes in the prior life. Torn apart and eaten, although there seemed to be no real damage, if the souls got caught, that is. The sooner they were reborn the better, but the group had to be together.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Bardo, like Jigoku?

This looks quite similar with the concept of soulmates in the non romantic sense.
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:41 pm

More of a waiting room than an actual hell. Punishments, certainly, but they were deserved and not unjust. Hell to me seem more like a permanent/semi-permanent destination.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:59 pm

(・。・) Planning to use it here? It is certainly possible. I admit to think that to choose the past profession I plan to resort to online quizzes. Very Happy
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:07 pm

(*laughing*) No, no I wasn't. However, I always recommend bringing a book. Oh dang, I think I know what my future 'punishment' is - no books.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Who needs book if you have e-reader. Laughing
    Sherringford
    Sherringford

Post by Sherringford Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Yep! them too. Or just my phone, it does that too via Kindle app.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 am