BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Second new blog post from John Watson with pics

Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Second new blog post from John Watson with pics Empty Second new blog post from John Watson with pics

Post by Sherlock. Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:41 pm

http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/blog/26april

To me both the new posts on his blog sounds like John in a positive frame of mind.
    jawnofthejam
    jawnofthejam

Job : Retired Army Doctor
    Hobbies : Blogging, making tea, helping Sherlock Holmes solve cases

Second new blog post from John Watson with pics Empty Re: Second new blog post from John Watson with pics

Post by jawnofthejam Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:17 pm

I agree. Did you see the trailer. And the interactive trailer. They're setting us up for the series premier. I feel like this has been planned. It feels rather deliberate. I've decided that BBC is trying to kill us.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Second new blog post from John Watson with pics Empty Re: Second new blog post from John Watson with pics

Post by Sherlock. Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Yeah, I saw there was something to watch out for after Strictly and blooming surprised myself at how delighted I was. I went to find it on youtube and noticed the little rectangle for 'more' so I followed that to the interactive trailer. Wow. Died, and went to heaven. I'm never like that about a telly show normally!

I know it's very popular in fanfic to see John portrayed as going back to using a stick and just being a wreck in the Hiatus but I've not taken that stance as in the ACD canon Watson grieved, it left a big hole he admits in 'The Empty House', but he got on with his life. I expected Sherlock to stay closer to the original.

Have you seen any of #setlock or avoided it?
    jawnofthejam
    jawnofthejam

Post by jawnofthejam Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:11 am

I've seen a bit of it, yeah. And yeah, I'm a bit guilty of falling into the whole John doesn't move on rut, but I really don't buy it honestly. It just worked really well for the whole romantic relationship thing.

But yeah, when I saw the trailer for the first time, I literally stopped breathing for about 30 seconds. Sherlock has kind of become my life lately... Did you see that there were locked features in the interactive trailer?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:38 am

Yeah the 'John doesn't move on' aka 'heartbroken' trope works great for injecting a bit of drama. Oh yes there are locked features.

Have you seen the bit where images fly out from Sherlock's eye, I paused it and had a close up look.

You stopped breathing lol.

BTW Soon as I have more time I'd like to run a case-based plot past you if you might like to be my John in that in 21st century.
    jawnofthejam
    jawnofthejam

Post by jawnofthejam Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah, that's fine. I'm open for most anything. Case-based is actually a good thing for me to work on because I have a bit of a hard time writing cases.

I'll have to re-watch that part of the trailer. I was a bit too excited to pay a lot of attention to details.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 am

Hope you'll excuse me not posting to the RP I'm very, very tired tonight.
    jawnofthejam
    jawnofthejam

Post by jawnofthejam Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:26 pm

No problem. Finals week for me; lots and lots to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:00 am