BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

+3
Sherlock Holmes
Anthea_MI6
James Moriarty
7 posters

Need John for sort of RBF role play.

James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Need John for sort of RBF role play.  Empty Need John for sort of RBF role play.

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 am

Moriarty made Sherlock and John play against each other. Sherlock had been tortured and John attempt to kill him (without knowing it was his flatmate). John got shot and now they both are in the hospital.

Sherlock made 2 of Moriarty's man escape out of prison and now is charged with every possible thing. He will escape, though it will lead in him committing (or faking) his own suicide.

Soooo now we need a John who's willing to join or RP (which you can read here https://sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t43p75-i-won-t-kill-you-sherlockxmoriarty-violent )

Be welcome! Very Happy
    Anthea_MI6
    Anthea_MI6

Job : Personal Assistant to Mycroft Holmes
    Hobbies : Walking, sailing, travelling

Need John for sort of RBF role play.  Empty Re: Need John for sort of RBF role play.

Post by Anthea_MI6 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:51 am

What type of John do you need? I have read the story, and can try and do John..(sorry that sounds bad)..only if you do not get another one...
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Need John for sort of RBF role play.  Empty Re: Need John for sort of RBF role play.

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 am

Emotional john most of... trying to stop Sherlock from killing himself and such i guess Smile
    Anthea_MI6
    Anthea_MI6

Post by Anthea_MI6 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:36 am

Mmm..if no-one comes up with it I will give it a go..
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 am

Although he's still "not his date".
    Anthea_MI6
    Anthea_MI6

Post by Anthea_MI6 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:41 am

I know that..I like the suspense part of this story..I will give it the morning and then set up a profile if necessary :-)
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:13 am

Did you call for John? (>>) (<<) (>>)

So Sherlock is going to try and kill himself again?

Poor John >>

I can do it too if no one is interested >> but I have a few RPs going on, so I don't want to hoard everything for myself >>
    I do have the time to do it though XDD
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC

Job : MD, Captain - RAMC,
    Hobbies : taking care of a rather tall annoying toddler, chasing the ciminal fraternity and buying milk. Also trying to answer the eternal question of what does he do with it? The milk that is.

Post by CaptJHWatsonRAMC Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 am

Depends how much time I need to devote to this. But I'm willing (it's Jessie from Sherlock Forum btw) and I do play John more aggressively. He's seen a lot as a trauma surgeon, he's a crack shot, he has recources and contacts. I'm likely to throw the cat among the pigeons with this. I am used to rules and dice and such with my role play but I do LARP and I do make things up as I go. Just let me know how this works.

Btw, what is the policy on swearing/adult language? I'll gather this site has no warnings and as such, does it need to be modified? Also, I hope you don't mind but I am a Brit and if I see jarring details I'll tell you. Noticed 911. Here it's 999 for emergency calls. Apologies but I am a writer and I love accuracy... Very Happy I try NOT to be pedantic about it though. If you feel that means you can't relax around me, fair enough. I have no wish to cramp your style but I warn you, I have thirty years Role play experience to donate here. I'll await your decision....
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:41 am

Hey that's cool, I'm a Brit too so also like to see English things where possible!

I honestly don't mind...you Johns can fight it out amongst yourselves. It's basically Reichenbach but probably won't involve rooftops...but then again it might...who knows...I'd say it would almost definitely involve Sherlock "dying" and John believing he's dead but how you deal with John's emotions will be entirely up to you and also dependant on the exact situation we end up getting ourselves in.
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC

Hobbies : taking care of a rather tall annoying toddler, chasing the ciminal fraternity and buying milk. Also trying to answer the eternal question of what does he do with it? The milk that is.

Post by CaptJHWatsonRAMC Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:57 am

So you're rewriting it then?

Did I mention I am a fanfiction writer too. I love AUs...
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 am

Rewriting what?
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:22 am

Reichenbach
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 am

Aaaah. Yea we sort of are I guess.. Only I don't know how I'll make Sherlock do it just yet. Very Happy
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am

It's always exciting when you don't know what your character's gonna do next. Very Happy
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC

Post by CaptJHWatsonRAMC Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 am

Non of my characters know what they're going to do next. You run with the situation as it stands. How emotionally do you want John involved? And in what way? I don't want to go somewhere you don't want to go, if you get the drift. We keeping this a canon relationship? Or don't you mind? Just tell me what your limits are. Also, we haven't worked out if I'm joining in yet, I don't want to step on any toes. If anybody else would desperately like to do this, I'll bow to them.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 pm

It's canon at the moment but don't object to a bit of Johnlocking if it fits with the character and storyline progression.

John and Sherlock have already been through quite a bit in the build up to this storyline but they will obviously do anything for each other and do anything to protect each other. Other than that just roll with it really.
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC

Post by CaptJHWatsonRAMC Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Hm, sorry to back out on you here but I've now read back through the whole thing and I think I'll let one of the others play John for you. You've already established how you think he would act and my way of playing him wouldn't fit in with this. I just have a problem with the way you've made John act. He's killed a total stranger for Moriarty, I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around this fitting with my idea of John's moral sense. In canon he shot a man who threatened Sherlock's life, but he's an ex-army captain and a doctor. I'm not sure you made the situation feel desperate enough to warrant him shooting an innocent man. I therefore feel I not going to be able to do justice to your version. I can't get my head around it. I'd rather one of the others take this over as you seem to have two willing players.
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Job : Retired Army doctor working at a hospital in London
    Hobbies : solving crimes with Sherlock

Post by J Watson@221B Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Eh, who wants a killer John? We had a discussion about that a while back. I even got a death-threat out of it! Ah well... (as you can see, it was an empty threat)
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC
    CaptJHWatsonRAMC

Post by CaptJHWatsonRAMC Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Death threat? Some people. They take it too seriously. And while I try not to, I like my role play to be a little serious otherwise it doesn't come off as real and so why do it?

I can see in your case the threat was empty, unless they've just not got around to it yet...

I just felt that reading back through the story, John has decided to do what Moriarty says and kill someone. I can't run with that. Although right now I am not sure what I would have done had I been playing this from the beginning.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:55 pm

It's a good thing not all of us have the same idea. Things would get rather dull on here.

Yes I moved John in such a way he killed someone but ah well to me it felt as a right thing to do.

J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Job : Retired Army doctor working at a hospital in London
    Hobbies : solving crimes with Sherlock

Post by J Watson@221B Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Oh no, we was in character! Ok, some of the time. But we were playing around anyways... Oh! I forgot to say hi! Sorry! HI!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Btw, hi JM!
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 pm

I didn't have a problem with it either....John would do anything to save Sherlock. Very Happy
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:56 pm

I haven't read that scene yet, but I am rather sure John would kill for Sherlock rather easily.

He is a doctor yes, and he is compassionate for that, but he also is a soldier, and war is certainly about shooting the enemy regardless of whether they are innocent or not.

Besides, they already wrote that part and it's their RP, it's a good thing to be able to write a character to adapt to what's already there, I find it rather exciting.

But enough with opinions and points of view about him.
    Who's playing him? XD
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm

No one's claimed it yet.... Very Happy
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm

*throws John at it*

if you don't mind me?

I know I have many things going on, but God the drama! I need to write that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:25 am