BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Looking for a role play partner.

TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Hiking, Watching TV, Crafting, Movie Buff, Going To Conventions Of All Kinds.

Looking for a role play partner.  Empty Looking for a role play partner.

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:14 am

On AO3 I've written many long book form stories. After Shock is what's it is called. Most of what I write is smut and dark. Torture, mind games, etc. I love the Jim and John pairing of Jim being obsessed over John. I love Mycroft and Greg pairing too. I write erotica so that will be in play as well. I'm looking for someone to be Sherlock and we will discuss who will be who if you are interested. Let me know.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a role play partner.  Empty Re: Looking for a role play partner.

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:02 am

After Shock series by VioletGreen, is that what you means?
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Hiking, Watching TV, Crafting, Movie Buff, Going To Conventions Of All Kinds.

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:16 am

Yes, that is what I mean.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:21 am

Good luck in your search for a Sherlock.

Btw, I read your game with Saule. Too bad that it is no longer played. Nevertheless, I got the 'feel' of your Mycroft. Smile
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 am

Ah, yes. I need to go take a look at that. Thank you. I love writing Mycroft.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:24 am

Curiousity, do you still write him that way now?
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:28 am

I try too, yes.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:31 am

Why do you choose to play him that way? What is the basis of it?
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:51 am

Mycroft to me seems like a pompous ass and yet he cares about Sherlock a great deal. Mark plays it that way to me like he is a know it all but rarely displays it. He can't show weaknesses to Moriarty so in my mind his shields are up even though he is making a deal with the devil.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:10 pm

So you choose to play according to your impression of the BBC version. What about reinterpretation, how would you play him?
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Well, I see him not only that way in the show but in the Secert Life of Sherlock Holmes as well. He is in a high government position so appearance are most important.

I don't know if I could see him any other way. The suit, the tone of his voice, he seems dangerous as it is anyway.

I'm not sure if this answers your question. I hope it does.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:54 pm

It is not, lol. I always interested to know other people's play-style. Too bad you are searching for a Sherlock. If Mycroft, I was considering to answer your advert ( but it won't be like BBC version at the core.).
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Well, do tell what you are interested in. I'm always up for a writing challenge. I already like you so I think we might be a good match.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Roughly, my interest tends to be like the first post here:

sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t1063-wanted-a-silver-fox

Overall, it is a more aggressive and ruthless Mycroft than Mark Gatiss with playful side that might tempt him to toy with other people the way Jim might if he is sane. ^^

Btw, something to consider (not the Sherlock-free side):

ibelieveinmycroft.tumblr.com/post/28657371932/swedishsnack-asked-you-this-headcanon-may-be-even
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Ah. I've read stuff like that. Mycroft being interested in John and be ruthless. I like those stories.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:18 pm

Perhaps that kind of character's core might be needed some time. Life decisions might alter how he reacts but the core is still the same. In my eyes, the kind of job that BBC's Mycroft have needs someone who really can do the job without being squeamish, 'sensitive, touchy-feely' man don't even try to apply.
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:28 pm

So, tell me, would you write as Mycroft or me? If I did what character would you be? Or if you were Mycroft who would you want me to be?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:42 pm

As Irene Adler? Only if there is a need for someone in her circumstances but with a machine-like mindset. I prefer to play with an aggressive character. Please not the likes of Molly Hooper, mine will eat him/her alive and it is not a mere empty boast. Remember the second link that I provided earlier? If Jim plan to bring it to the worldwide scale then I'd say, "Hell yeah, let's play!" Lol
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm not sure if I can do Irene to well...I wouldn't want to do Molly anyway. Hmmm, so you would be Mycroft as the aggressive character or just another character?

What is your storyline idea?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:23 pm

At the moment, no idea. But if you need a secondary character to spice up the storyline then I am your person. ^^
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:10 pm

I can start a story with no problem. You want to be the aggressive character... Do you want to be Mycroft or another character? Who would be good to be?
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Where do you see this going and how aggressive do you want it to be? Torture? Sexual? Etc.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Pretty much anything goes with me. Mycroft is my default character simply because he's the one who resonate best with my style. Do you know any other who might fill that criteria? For the aggressive / non, pretty much the first is always present in all of my charas but it doesn't mean that they must be 'the aggressor'.
    TheWoman1987
    TheWoman1987

Post by TheWoman1987 Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:37 am

Mycroft is a good choice I'm just not sure who I would be.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:01 am

Depends on your plotline. Just a general idea about it could help to determine what kind of chara necessary. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:57 am