BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Interruptions (John/Sherlock)

Interruptions (John/Sherlock) - Page 15 Empty Re: Interruptions (John/Sherlock)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am

((Yeah, I would agree with that))
    ((Naww, sleepy Sherlock is always so cute))

"Sleep sounds like a good plan," John whispers, pressing a kiss to Sherlock's forehead- he couldn't help but think that there was nothing in the world more adorable than Sherlock when he was sleepy- well, when he was in a cuddly sleepy mood. When he was in his 'I'm exhausted, but going to force myself to stay awake and pretend I'm not tired' mood he just got grumpy and a pain to be around.

"Wouldn't dream of getting out of bed, I like sleeping with you far too much to miss a chance," John said as he started to lay down with Sherlock.

John lay stroking Sherlock's hair, lulling him to sleep. He could feel Sherlock's left foot fidgeting around under the sheets, meaning that despite how tired he was, Sherlock still had something on his mind that was keeping him awake. John was about to ask Sherlock what he was thinking about, when his lover looked up at him with barely-open eyes and mumbled out "I love you" in a sleepy voice, before dropping off into a deep sleep.

John pressed a kiss to Sherlock's nose- bit of him easiest to reach, plus it was adorable, but he doubted Sherlock would appreciate being kissed that way when awake.

"Love you too," John whispered before drifting to sleep himself.

John wakes up with Sherlock still curled around him with closed eyes. He strokes his hand along Sherlock's back, from his curls all the way down his spine. He starts humming softly, smiling when he realized that he was humming one of the songs Sherlock always played on violin if they were having a quiet evening together.

Eventually he feels Sherlock's fingers moving on his chest. John looks down and smiles when calm, happy blue-gray eyes meet his. He leans forward, still humming softly, to press a kiss to Sherlock's lips.

"Sleep well, love?"
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Job : Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 am

Sherlock slowly woke up. It was so slowly that he didn't notice the exact moment that he awoke. The first thing he became aware of, was the warmth. Delightful warmth embraced him from all sides. The second thing he became aware of, was the sounds around him. A rhythmic beat near his hear and a low melodic humming. He realised: that must be John then. The third thing he became aware of, was that he thought this all very slow. Too slow for his liking. But when he wanted to focus, his head and eyes hurt. Then he remembered what had happened the day before. His weeping, the pain that came with it, but moreover the way John had comforted him, the magnificent sex and their engagement.

In contrary to everything he was aware of, he didn't notice his own fingers moving over John's chest. There was a small movement, which prompted Sherlock to open his eyes. The first thing he saw was John's pool blue pair. Then they were gone and lips suddenly met his. Before Sherlock's mind had processed what was happening and kiss back, they were gone again.

"Like a stone." He smiled. His voice was raspier than normal, raw of crying. "My mind is so slow now, my eyes hurt and I'm still tired. This is why I hate crying. Thank you for yesterday. That made it a lot easier."

Sherlock raised his head, which was quite an effort- it felt heavy like stone. He gently kissed John's lips as a confirmation of his statement.

"And you, fiancé? How did you sleep?"

((Have I told you about the Johnlockgiftexchange-gift that I got? My prompt was based on our rp piece that John examines Sherlock in a physical. The story is absolutely fab))

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am

((That is a fantastic fic! I love it!))

John brushes his thumb along Sherlock's cheek.

"I know, I hate crying too. I'm glad I could help."

John smiles when Sherlock calls him 'fiance'.

"I love hearing you call me that. I slept well, peaceful. Between our physical and emotional activities yesterday I was completely exhausted. Waking up was wonderful though. Have I told you how much I love sleeping with you? Not using that as a euphemism for sex, we've both stated many times that our sex is bloody fantastic- but just sleeping with you, in the same bed, holding each other. It makes me just feel...warm, happy, peaceful, safe, and very...in tune with you."

John smiles and presses another light kiss to Sherlock's lips and brushes some hair out of his face.

"How about that tea now? It will help get rid of the slow groggy feelings."

((Gah, sorry it's really short, running late to a lesson!))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 am

((Oh it's all right ;) The fic, omg. I could only jump in my chair when I read it :3))

"Hmmm hmmmmm." Sherlock hummed in agreement. "But let's just stay a minute." He gave John another soft kiss on his lips and stroked his hairline down to John's neck. He pulled back and grinned. "or two."

One minute became seven. They happily exchanged kisses which were not intended for making out, making each other horny. These were small, gentle kisses, brushes of lips over lips, cheeks, noses, eyes. Hands softly discovered their way over each other's backs, necks, cheeks, chests. They had all the time of the world and no one would interrupt them. Sherlock felt like trapped in a state of continual bliss. And he loved it.

"This is the best way to wake up properly." Sherlock murmured between kisses on John's temples and cheeks. "Though a shower would help too."

John agreed and they both got out of bed with difficulty. They both walked around half-sleep drunk, standing in front of the closet for what seemed an eternity to decide they'd wear both very comfortable clothing. Today was going to be a lazy day.

They showered in silence, though their lips did move. Again, they didn't intend on hitting on each other. They were just enjoying the closeness, their presence, the fact that they were still alive and loving it, the fact that they loved each other.

After showering and shaving, John went for the kitchen to make tea and breakfast and Sherlock for the living room to play violin. He subconsciously played the tune John had been humming when he woke up. It was John's theme, how fitting.

Settling down at the kitchen table, they ate their breakfast, sharing affectionate looks, celebrated by toast with jam. Sherlock read the paper and occasionally discussed a topic with John. And then he saw it.

"Oh. John. I think you might want to hear this."

HOLMES & WATSON RELATIONSHIP - HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?

Internet phenomenon 'consulting detective' Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson's relationship has been confirmed since Monday midday. Holmes bluntly made their relationship public by posting an obscene comment on one of the cases on Watson's blog. The comment disappeared three minutes later, but was replaced by a new blog entry narrated by Watson, in which he made their relationship official. The famous post has circulated the internet. The couple hasn't been spotted together since, maybe due to Holmes's rumoured injury, maybe because of the obvious reasons.
    Yesterday, however, a few of our reporters spotted Watson leaving their apartment (located on 221B Baker Street, Westm.), but was never seen coming back. A quarter after Watson left, Holmes climbed out of the window, but was harshly called back by his lover. A lot of shouting was audible outside, which fed the rumours that already circulated about them.
    A certain I. Norton has asked Holmes multiple times to go for 'dinner'. From a reliable source, our redaction has been informed that this is true. But what does Watson think about that? How long until they break up under pressure of their fame or some naughtier reasons?

Sherlock read out loud. He looked up to meet John's concerned eyes. He folded the paper and shoved it over the table with a frown.

"You haven't posted your newest blog entry yet. We'd better do that quickly. And public. I think it is best to answer the questions publicly, to avoid repetition."

((I am terrible at writing non-fiction articles, so please don't mind me))
    ((I feel like getting them ring shopping later on the day and then, maybe a day or two later, the case with the journalist and the publication of their engagement. What do you think?))

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:35 pm

((Both plans sound good to me. Also, you're nonfic writing was fine :) ))

The morning went perfectly, in John's mind- a slow morning just enjoying each other's company. Cuddling, soft kisses, no feelings of being rushed or being swept away by emotion- just a warm, peaceful, constant feeling of happiness.

When Sherlock read out the article at the table, John felt like he wanted to get angry- he was mildly upset with the writers- but was too happy with his own personal life for it to feel worth the effort to really throw a fit. Instead he was just a bit worried and hurt that people, even if he knew they were horrible, stupid people who enjoyed making messes of other's lives, thought of him and Sherlock like that.

"We weren't yelling, were we? I don't remember yelling at you that much, only once. Also, that blog comment of yours was hardly 'obscene' compared to some of the comments other people have been leaving."

John rolls his eyes.

"You are right though, I should post that, and it would make sense to answer comments publicly. I'll see if I can make a specific forum in the blog just for that, keep it separate from the rest."

John smiles up a Sherlock, a bit bashfully.

"We could also go ring shopping. That would effectively shut up speculation about 'how long' we're planning on this lasting. Also...well, I know it's only a silly tradition, but...well, I like the idea of putting a ring on your finger- having a sign for the world to see that you're mine and I'm yours."

"Could we go do that, sometime today?"

As John was looking over the blog post, he also saw a notification about a new message.

"Oh, Sherlock- note about a case. Someone with the initials K.R., wants to know if she can come in tomorrow or Friday to talk with us. Not many details, something about blackmail and theft, sensitive information, doesn't trust the internet to be completely private."

((Thought maybe reporter could be Kitty Riley? Left it as just initials if we don't want to use her))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 am

((Aw thanks :) I hate writing non-fic anyway))
    ((The comment was not for compliment fishing, I wanted to tell you that just for sure))

"John, please don't care."

"What?" John looked confused.

"You wear that pout. You pout that pout every time you care about something unrelevant. So don't care about what people think, John. It's unimportant to us. The tabloids usually blow things up. If they hear a yell, they say there was a fight, if there is an unanswered comment about 'dinner', they assume I cheated or maybe even a threesome." Sherlock said indifferently. It really didn't matter what they thought. Apart from the work then. But if the need was so high, if some serial killer was loose, they certainly would go to Sherlock, regardless of his sexuality.

Sherlock stood up, subconsciously taking his and John's plates to the sink. Weird. He wouldn't have done this months ago. Apparently John really had changed him. He seemed more socially thoughtful, more romantic and more open emotionally. For the better, Sherlock supposed.

"What does matter is that we know the truth. I think if you make that forum now and we answer the questions truthfully, we'll be fine."

In passing, he ruffled his hand through John's hair. When he had put the plates in the sink, he draped his hands down John's shoulders over his chest and leaned down, so that he could read over John's shoulder, ear to ear.

Sherlock smiled when he saw John's bashful look. He couldn't help but blush about the fact how much the sentence 'having a sign for the world to see that you're mine and I'm yours' pleased him. He felt all warm inside, happiness boiling up in his belly.

"You romantic git." He kissed John on his cheek, another thing he normally 'didn't do'. But being engaged was something he thought he 'didn't do' either, so he felt free to be more romantic. "That's a good plan. Then we can answer the questions in the afternoon, assuming that we'll be an internet hype again."

"Hmmmm, send her in. I haven't had a case in ages."

Which was true. The one before the kidnapping had been his latest, but he didn't mention that, because the kidnapping still was a painful memory.

Sherlock gave him another kiss on his cheek. And another on his jawline. And another in his neck near his ear. With one hand in John's hair, he softly tilted John's head to the side so that more skin was exposed. He pressed another kiss a bit lower in his neck and murmured.

"I don't feel like going out now at all, you?"

((Hmmm I don't think we can use Kitty Riley, as she has to be 'new' in the Reichenbach Fall.))
    ((Felt like Sherlock is fit enough to get horny again x)))

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 am

((Ok, that's why I just did initials. Amusingly enough, I wrote that post at around 2:30 a.m., after I had started to fall asleep. I was almost asleep and then remembered that I had read your post, but not responded. Well, OBVIOUSLY I then couldn't fall asleep without posting. It was a bit ridiculous))

"I know it shouldn't matter, and I care more what they think about you than me."

"You're calling me the romantic git?" John laughs, "After you propose to me, have sex with me, insist we spend half the morning laying around in bed kissing, and now you're cleaning up the plates without me telling you? Oh no, you have officially won the title of romantic git in this relationship, and I find it rather adorable of you. Though...I may have to see if I can steal the title from you, or at least get us tied. It wouldn't do for me to have such a romantic fiance and not spoil him back equally."

John leans his head to the side so he was resting his cheek against Sherlock's. He wraps an arm up around Sherlock's head to gently stroke at his hair for a moment.

"Ok, I'll send the person a message telling them to come in at 5 tomorrow. I work until 4, but I'll definitely be home by 5," John feels a shift in the cheek against his, "Yes, sorry, I do have to go in, and I can feel you pouting, it's only for a few hours, you still get me to yourself for the whole morning."

John quickly types out the message to the client. He absently felt Sherlock kissing his cheek while he typed, but didn't pay it much notice at first, focusing on what he was writing.

"Ok, Sherlock, I'm done, why don't we go to the sto--"

John's words cut off as he felt Sherlock's kisses moving from his cheek and jaw over to his neck. John gave a pleasant sigh and allowed Sherlock to tilt his neck. He closed his laptop.

John chuckles softly, turns in his chair, and pulls Sherlock onto his lap so they were facing each other. He returns a few kisses to Sherlock's jaw and neck.

"Well, I did feel like going out a moment ago, but you've effectively changed my mind."
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 am

((Ha, that's funny. When you posted this, my first class of school began x) at 8.53 am that was.))
    ((Hahaha yes I always have the same feeling. Mostly I see you posted when I wake up, but I have to go to school so I can't update. I think you are sleeping then, so it doesn't matter anyway x)))

Sherlock straddled John's lap in a wide-legged position. This position, he knew, would have great benefits later on.

Sherlock heaved a sigh that pitched a little at the end when John kissed him back on his neck and jaw. Oh, he loved this so much, the knowledge of what would come, but being at the start of making out.

"Hmmm I've been told I am good at that."

Sherlock captured john's lips. They started off slowly. With slow movements, long licks of tongues and soft sucks at lips they kissed some time. Sherlock let his cold hands stroke the back of John's neck, memorising the short soft hairs trailing down from his head.

But soon, the kiss became more heated. John was the first one to nip at his upper lip and soften it with a lick of his tongue. Sherlock gasped. His anticipation grew with the minute. He loved this so much, this just making out with John on a lazy day. He doubted if he preferred work over this.

Sherlock stroked over John's chest and consequently felt John's nipples harden under Sherlock's grey T-shirt John was wearing. Sherlock hummed. Oh he loved to feel what influence he had on John.

John broke their kiss and started kissing down Sherlock's neck again. He let his head fall back with a gasp. He closed his eyes and hummed again.

"Oh John, you beautiful sexy bastard, you are. Don't ever stop, will you?"

((John wearing Sherlock's clothes is just adorable in my mind :3))
    ((To be clear: it's ok for me to skip this and go on with the storyline, just sayin' :)))

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 am

((Well, if its around 9 your time and 2:30 my time, most nights that's when I'm desperately scrambling to get the last of my homework done before passing out from exhaustion))
    ((I find the idea adorable too. I also love the idea of Sherlock wearing John's jumpers, particularly given how badly they would fit))

"You are an expert at it, at least at distracting me."

John let his hands rest on Sherlock's hips as their kiss grew more and more intense. He gasped when Sherlock stroked his nipples through the shirt of Sherlock's he was wearing. The shirt was too tight on him- his chest was much broader than Sherlock's- so the fabric rubbed against him with the lightest touch from Sherlock.

"Damn, still getting used to that--never had a girl who bothered with my nipples before--urgh, never guessed it would feel so good."

John started kissing along Sherlock's neck. He smiled and gave a light bite to Sherlock's clavicle when Sherlock told him not to stop.

"Never."

John rubbed his thumbs along the arch of Sherlock's hipbones, following them down and inward along the edges of Sherlock's crotch, pressing into the dips there. He then slid his hands back to cup Sherlock's bum and gave it a squeeze before rolling his hips up.

---

John happily propped his chin on on Sherlock's chest, giving a smile around at the clothes strewn across the living room floor.

"Well I guess we needed to change anyway, if we're planning on going out. This was certainly a nice way to get out of my lazy clothes."

John leans back on his heels, grabs Sherlock's hand, and hauls them both to their feet. He laughs as Sherlock is thrown off balance and falls into him. He wraps his arms around Sherlock in a hug.

"Clothes, real ones, at least until we come back."

They both go and get changed, but when John looks over and sees Sherlock pulling on a pair of skinny black jeans he gives a groan.

"Sherlock...you can't wear those!" John can't take his eyes off the black denim as it slides up over Sherlock's legs, "Do you have any idea what those jeans look like on you? They leave nothing to the imagination! I...I would stare at you in them before I even realized I was attracted to you! They're...dangerous."

((Skinny jean Sherlock :) ))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:29 am

((Oh. Skinny Jeans Sherlock. I like. That was one thing I really liked of the Pilot episode. I thought Sherlock was... maybe out of character. But those jeans. Oh yum!))

Sherlock grinned. He had deliberately put them on, to see what John would say, what he would do, how he would stare at him while shopping. Guess he'd have to Sherlock cocked an eyebrow while playfully sprawling over to John.

"Dangerous?"

Sherlock swung an arm around John's waist and pulled him closer in a swift movement. He kissed John firmly on his lips, though he didn't plan on doing more than just kiss. They've already done that.

He released John with a crooked smile and changed the jeans for his normal neat trousers.

Sherlock's smile faded into an indignant, turned-on expression when he saw what John was wearing.

"No. Just no, John. Not your black V-neck. No way. If you want to get to the end of the street untouched by me, you shouldn't wear that, because I will grope you in public if you do wear that. You look just too bloody fit in it. Besides, I remember what happened the last time you wore it, and though we are not visiting a club tonight, I cannot have other people uncontrollably kissing you because you're dead sexy."

This time it was his turn to be kissed. Sherlock wrapped his arms around John's waist again, but let him go to change his shirt.

They ended up in their normal suit and jumper-jeans set. While John was making sure he had everything, money, phone, keys and the sort, Sherlock looked out of the window.

"John."

"Hmm?"

"A photographer is stalking the street. Wait, no, make that two."

Before John wanted to say something, Sherlock said it.

"Yes, I know. We can't hide in the house forever. I don't want to. I just wanted to let you know that even if we are popular in the tabloids and on the internet, they won't scare me from holding the hand of my fiancé in public."

((flufffff <3))

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:38 pm

((Yeah, I think the character turned out better in Study in Pink, but those jeans do kill me- seriously, just...mmmmmm))

"Bastard," John says as Sherlock prowls over to kiss him- he can't stop staring at Sherlock's hips, they seem to have an extra sway to them while walking. This kiss is rough and very dangerous, but stops just before John gets too aroused.

John turns around to pull a jumper out of the drawer when another shirt catches his eye- his black t-shirt from the clubbing case. They never had made it back to a club on their own. John smirks and decides to get a bit of revenge on Sherlock. He pulls the t-shirt on.

John walks over, a firm, military walk, and pulls Sherlock down into a sinful kiss.

"Mmmm, I know. I remember what this shirt did to you. We should go out to a club sometime. I'm getting a bit too old, but I want to dance with you at one. I remember being so jealous, not only that someone else was touching you, but that you looked so sexy dancing and I didn't get to be the one you were dancing with."

John pulls back and gives Sherlock a soft smile.

"I guess it would be a bit cruel to purposely torture each other while going out to buy rings."

After getting changed John walks over to the window to see the photographers. Sherlock's words make John smile. He reaches out and entwines his fingers with Sherlock's, lifting their hands and kissing them.

"Good, I wouldn't want it to. We're not hiding this, whatever feels right, we do it, damn whatever other people think. I personally adore holding hands, so I'm glad you want to."

They leave the flat in a chaos of camera flashes. Neither stops for comments, climbing straight into a taxi and making sure the door was closed before saying the address.

The taxi pulls up outside the jewelers, and John looks over to share an excited adoring smile with Sherlock, gently cupping Sherlock's cheek in his hand.

"Ready?"

He doesn't notice the person walking behind the cab who pauses for a moment and snaps a picture on her phone of the two gazing devotedly at each other.

((So, Sherlock doesn't need to see the person taking the picture, I mainly just thought that one picture of the two of them all fluffy and emotional needed to leak out somehow, so I slipped it in.))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:32 am

((oh nice! It's so funny, I'd imagine myself spamming that fictional forum xD I almost 'miss' it in real life. I guess the photographers jump on that girl and are willing to pay for that picture and then it gets on the forum too and *daydreaming* never mind me))
    ((I have no idea how it works with engagement rings and such, but as far as I know does the woman/one of the partners wear the ring until they get married.))

Sherlock didn't see the girl making the picture because he was staring at John. He smiled and looked out of the window.

Sherlock rubbed circles on the back of John's hand during the ride. They didn't say much, which didn't bother either of them. It felt like how it used to be, but better. Holding hands, knowing they'd buy rings when they would arrive at the shopping centre.

Or so Sherlock thought.

John had done research. He hadn't given the cabbie the adress which lead to the shopping centre. No, John had given the cab driver an adress in the heart of London. The street was small and looked cosy with
    flowerbuckets hanging from the balconies. Sherlock frowned and smiled at John. He hadn't expected this.

John took his hand again and lead them through the street until he stopped in front of a little shop and lead them in.

The old lady behind the counter was very kind and not at all prejudiced as John told him he was there to buy an engagement ring for his fiancé. When he said that, he beamed up at Sherlock and Sherlock returned a loving gaze back before looking back at the lady. She had clasped her hands together and endearment was written all over her face.

"Well, aren't you two cute and happy. Of course I can help you. Any preferences on beforehand?

The woman helped them tremendously. She was like a second Mrs Hudson. Sherlock thought he was so kind, he congratulated her on her 40th wedding anniversary and the birthday of her youngest grandson after they'd paid. She thanked him, but obviously was surprised. John consequently had to explain Sherlock's profession.

"Oh, a detective! How exciting! But be careful, young man, your fiancé surely doesn't want to lose you." She winked at John while she handed them the ringbox in a plastic bag.

"I will be, I can assure you."

They thanked the lady and left the shop with big smiles on their faces. Sherlock entwined his fingers with John's and looked at him questioningly. He had assumed John hadn't wanted to give him the ring in the shop, but he wasn't sure about where else John wanted to go to.

((While writing this, I had no idea where I'd end up, so excuse me for random fluff :)))

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 am

((I think in most cases these days both partners wear rings, particularly in homosexual couples, though it's also a personality thing. Most gay men wear matching rings, or rings with slight differences, but are made of the same material. I feel like it would make sense in this case with the characters' personalities for them both to have rings. It can be common for men to use the same ring for the wedding and the engagement, or a simple ring during the engagement that then has a more complex part added to it for the wedding-I actually read up on this, cause I really didn't know- maybe...what if their rings had two parts? A thin darker band in the middle, with silver on each edge? The darker part can then snap into the silver band for the wedding? They would take the rings off on the wedding day, have the jeweler put them together and then deliver them for the ceremony? I feel like I'm going to worry more about this wedding than I will my own if I ever get married.))

John had read about this jewelry shop in the paper the other day and liked the description. He then secretly looked it up while checking the blog this morning to get the address. When he saw the website he thought it seemed perfect- little privately owned shop. It would be expensive, but worth it. He was definitely right, the woman who worked there reminded him of Mrs. Hudson, and was thrilled to help them find "the perfect ring".

She asked them questions about their lifestyles and personalities- decided nothing flashy for either, a strong, resilient metal, matching pairs but with different widths for the bands.

As she was showing them different ones, one ring caught John's eye. He pointed it out to the woman.

"Oh yes, that is a very nice one- Tungsten, silver resolution on the outer band, dark on the inner. It also has a special feature, this can work as both an engagement ring and a wedding ring. You see, the dark inner band can be worn on its own at first and then, if you were to give me the rings the day before the ceremony, I can set them into the silver outer band to work as wedding rings."

John looks over at Sherlock and smiles.

"What do you think? I think this is my favorite, but do you like it?"

Sherlock picks up the ring and turns it around in his fingers.

"I agree, I think this one is right."

John smiles and leans over to kiss Sherlock softly. He turns to the shopworker and gives her their measurements. She has them wait a bit, then brings out two of the darker bands in a single box.

"Just give me a call a week before the wedding, then drop off the rings a day or two before so I can put them together."

John thanks the woman, pays, signs the ring insurance, then leaves. Holding Sherlock's hand, he hails a cab. He lets go of Sherlock's hand to whisper an address in the cabbie's ear. They are driven to Hyde Park. John tugs Sherlock along until he finds the bench. He then sits down, pulls Sherlock down next to him, and turns.

"Sherlock, two years ago, I was sitting here alone, thinking about how miserable my life was. I had a limp that made everything I did painful, I had terrible nightmares every night that made me dread sleeping. In the midst of all these thoughts, Mike Stamford sat down and started telling me about some bloke he knew who was looking for a flatmate. I agreed to meet this person, not at all suspecting that my life was about to completely change. Last night I told you all about how much you have changed my life, and I'd rather not start crying in public, so I'm going to try and not get into that, but I just want to repeat that you have been the best thing that has happened to me, you've made my life so much better."

John slides off the bench and kneels on one knee in front of Sherlock, holding his hands.

"I know you've already asked, and you have my answer, but I want to get the chance to ask you. Sherlock Holmes, I love you, I love you so much I can't really explain it. You make me so happy, in so many different ways- from an excited, distracting happiness when you're teasing me, to the calm, warm happiness we enjoyed all this morning, to all sorts of other things in between. Spending the rest of my life with you is the best thing I can possibly imagine."

John smiles up at Sherlock, beaming.

"Sherlock Holmes, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

((Ahhh, could not resist making this overflow with fluff!!!))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 am

((Ahhhhwwww <3 That was so sweet! brb, dying of cute~))

For this once, the roles were switched. Sherlock was the one who was being dragged through London after John. He didn't mind at all, his curiosity was almost killing him. He desperately wanted to know what John was up to. Why here? Why was this bench so important?

Then, Sherlock got the delightful feeling, the moment that everything in his mind fell together. Sherlock stared into John's eyes, it was the only thing he could do to not let emotions gain control over him. He read gratitude, happiness and love in John's eyes.

Sherlock felt a lump forming in his throat. He couldn't help it, John's words just meant so much to him. He had never before felt like being in an emotional-roller-coaster, in a good way. He had felt miserable, but feeling happy, having someone that brings happiness in your life, is worth the world.

Sherlock inhaled a bit shakily when John knelt down in front of him. On his 'bad' knee nota bene. He had to bite his lower lip to assemble himself and not cry. Do not cry, Sherlock. Whatever you do, do not cry in public.

He had known what had been going to come. He knew John was going to ask him. His own nervousness and endearment surprised him. He nevertheless broke into a giant smile when John did ask him. He blinked, swallowed, inhaled and said:

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes! Oh yes I will, John. Yes, John! Yes! ... YES!"

Sherlock e squeezed John's hands before he and John simultaneously got up and wrapped their arms around each other in an embrace. They hold tightly onto each other. Sherlock snuggled his cold face in John's warm neck while saying muffled: "Yes" over and over again while holding John tighter and tighter. He didn't want to let go. Never again.

For the second time in two days, he felt tears overflowing his eyes.

Sherlock eventually pulled back and rested his head on John's forehead.

"I love you." he whispered before pulling John in an emotional kiss. He didn't care they were in Hyde Park, he didn't care it was in public. He was kissing his fiancé because he loved him and had just proposed to him. That's what mattered.

((Uninspired tody, so sorry for the lack of new input. So, maybe it's a good idea that K.R. is the one who, as being in their flat, sees they wear rings and thus assumes they are engaged and makes that public? Lots of people could have seen them in Hyde Park, but let's just ignore that, shall we? Wink))

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 am

((I had the same idea! :) ))

John happily wrapped his arms around Sherlock's neck and kissed him back, sharing all the joy he felt in the kiss. He then pulled back, took the ring from the box, and slipped it on Sherlock's finger. He smiles, lifts the hand, and kisses the now ringed finger. He takes out the other ring, hands it to Sherlock, and holds out his own hand. His eyes fill with joyful tears as Sherlock puts the ring on his finger.

John pulls Sherlock into another joyful emotional kiss, then pulls back when he feels his phone vibrate.

Text: Mycroft Holmes

Congratulations, I must say it took you far too long. I was expecting this to happen two years ago. I am very pleased for the both of you, though I must warn you that if by some chance you hurt Sherlock, I will make your life so horrible you will beg for death and hell. Otherwise, welcome to the family Dr. Watson, I look forward to the wedding. -MH

John reads the text and laughs.

"Your brother is so strange and creepy. I guess it's good to know I have his approval though. I don't really care, but he could make things difficult otherwise. Speaking of people knowing about this, we should tell Mrs. Hudson. The papers will find out about this soon, it's just inevitable, and if Mrs. Hudson finds out that way, she'll kill us."

((Because there just needed to be an obligatory creepy Mycroft text. I actually considered having one come in when Sherlock proposed, but I figured that even though Mycroft is creepy enough that he might have cameras in the flat, he knows better than to admit that/ text his baby brother during the celebratory sex scene. That would just...yuck...talk about a mood killer!))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 am

((hahahahahahaha MYCROFT!))
    ((I don't know anything about wedding/engagement rings. On which finger are they worn?))

Sherlock rolled with his eyes. "Mycroft." he grumbled.

"Oh yes, she definitely will. Better tell her when we come back." A giggle escaped Sherlock, who had still his arms around John. He gave him a kiss again, this one playful and just shallowly happy.
    "Besides," Sherlock took John's hand in his and let him go out of the embrace. He started walking. "I have to thank Mike Stamford tremendeously, when I get the chance."

They walked easy-going to the edge of the Park to the main road, where Sherlock hailed a cab. He said the adress, sat back and smiled at John. Now they were officially an engaged couple. Who had thought that.

The taxi was their safe bubble. Sherlock looked out of the window a lot while subconciously playing with the ring around John's finger. Nothing could hurt them. It seemed the red lights were broken and they were only having green. Or maybe it just felt like they drove in ease.

That changed when they rode into Baker Street. The journalists were still or again stalking their front door. Sherlock sighed. Well, here we go.

Flashbulbs and shouting welcomed them after they'd paid the cabbie and got out of the taxi. Questions, opinions, photographs were thrown at them. The questions annoyed Sherlock the most. He got so fed up with one young lady who was shouting in his ear the short way to the door, that he stopped on the doorstep and turned to the crowd.

"Listen. We are not going to answer questions this way. Look on John's blog for more information about the only way possible."

With that, he turned around and entered 221B, still fingers entwined with John's.

((All that time we've been rp'ing and I don't even know your name. My name is Lisa, nice to 'meet' you :)))

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:04 pm

((You're right. The internet is odd that way. I'm Sarah, and it's very nice to 'meet' you.))
    ((Engagement rings are worn on the third finger- nearest pinky finger- of the left hand))

John holds Sherlock's hand tightly as they push through photographers and reporters. Once they get through the crowd, he takes a second to lean against the wall in the hallway to regain his calm. He meets eyes with Sherlock and pulls him close for a gentle peck on the lips.

He then gets up and walks over to Mrs. Hudson's door. He smiles at Sherlock, and then knocks. Mrs. Hudson pokes her head out.

"Oh, hello boys! What is it dears? What have you both done this time that has so many reporters gaggling at the door?"

John smiles, "Can we come in Mrs. Hudson, we have some news to share with you."

"Well of course, dears, come on in and sit, I was just making up some tea. Would you like biscuits? I happen to have a tray that should be be finished cooling."

John waits for Mrs. Hudson to finish her fussing and sit.

"Mrs. Hudson, as you are aware, Sherlock and I have recently started dating--"

"Yes, and I cannot believe how long it took you to get around to it! Sorry dear, but you have no idea how miserable Sherlock was all those evenings, and he would never admit why he got so upset. Honestly, I was ready to just knock your heads together ad force you to kiss that way!"

John laughs, "Well, you clearly knew better than we did, and we apologize for being a bit idiotic about the whole thing. Anyways, we wanted to tell you that we've just gotten engaged."

Mrs. Hudson let out a little shriek of delight. She jumped up and embraced them both, then kissed both men on each cheek.

"Oh boys, I'm so happy for you both!" Mrs. Hudson was beaming as she spoke, "Sherlock, I should have guessed, you're practically glowing! I've never seen you look so happy! Oh, and John is so wonderful for you- really dear, finding a man like John is not something most people are blessed with, you take care of him. John, I know how good living with Sherlock has been for you. You're the only man I know who's special enough to love Sherlock for who he is. Bless you for that, darling."

Mrs. Hudson has tears in her eyes, she's so happy.

"Boys, I know this is a lot to ask, but could I bake the cake for your wedding?"

((Ok, so I'm not sure if you do this at weddings, but in American and English weddings after the ceremony there is a party held for all the guests with food and music. 3 main traditions are part of the party: 1. Lots of speeches and toasts from members of the couple's family 2. Wedding cake- big fancy cake, couple cuts the cake together and feed pieces to each other 3.Dancing- couple dances the first dance at the wedding on their own and everyone watches, they pick a special song for the dance.))

The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:01 am

((Hi Sarah! Very Happy))
    ((Oh, OK, that's good to know. Can't wait until Mycrofts speech, it will be so embarassing. ... special song... hmmm... Shit, just realised we're going to do the wedding after Reichenbach. Fuck. I feel the feels already boiling up.))

"Yes, of course you can." Sherlock got up, kissed Mrs Hudson on the cheek and took John's hand. John got up too. Sherlock wrapped his arm around John's waist and beamed at him. He was happy Mrs Hudson was happy, but he was happier about the fact that John was happy.

"I am tremendously happy John is my fiancé."

Sherlock gave John also a kiss on the cheek before taking his hand and tugging him to the door.

"Thank you for the tea, but please excuse us, Mrs Hudson. I find the occasion of an engagement the best reason for celebrating by making passionate love to my fiancé."

Mrs Hudson giggled and made a throwing gesture with her hand.

"Oh, I don't mind, love. I have done more than you can imagine in my day. Would you close the door anyway? Since you regularly don't and are very vocal, I perfer it shut if you don't mind."

Sherlock heard John murmuring 'yes, um, sorry Mrs Hudson, thank you for the tea'. Sherlock looked at John and snickered. His cheeks were red of blushing. He looked absolutely adorable, Sherlock wanted to press kisses all over his face to savour the adorableness.

Still holding hands and Sherlock taking the lead, they climbed the stairs. They stole a kiss or four on the way, but they didn't totally lost it on the stairs. Once in the living room, they both got rid of their coats. The second John was done hanging his coat on the peg, Sherlock wrapped his arms around his waist and let his hands sink into the backpockets of John's trousers. His ass was lovely shaped and warm in that area and Sherlock took the liberty of caressing it through John's trousers. He stepped closer to John, as close as he could get. That big, blissful smile that he just couldn't hide (and didn't want to hide) was still on his face when he leaned over to John's ear.

"We can choose between answering silly questions now or celebrating our engagement. So, my flatmate, date, friend, lover, fiancé. What is it going to be?"

((I guess Sherlock is a little bit bothered by a sex addiction x)))

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:58 am

((I was kind of thinking that maybe Sherlock could record playing some variation of John's theme and use that as the song?))
    ((I know!!! Waaaaay too many feels, but so wonderful because of that))

"Sherlock!!!" John actually sort of squeaked in shock, "Y-you can't say...Mrs. Hudson..."

He then turned bright, bright red at Mrs. Hudson's reply and the comment about shutting the door. He really wished the floor would swallow him up.

John was annoyed with Sherlock as they left Mrs. Hudson's, and he tried to give his lover a good lecture on things he should never share with their landlady, but the second his mouth opened it was covered with Sherlock's. John really, really tried to focus on being annoyed with Sherlock, but found it impossible and eventually just gave up.

John reached up and wrapped his arms around Sherlock's neck, pressing some kisses to his neck.

"Hmmm, tough decision, you may need to give me a few minutes to think about it."

As he was 'thinking', John trailed a hand down Sherlock's chest, and began fiddling with his buttons. He pushed Sherlock's shirt off his shoulder and began working on a new lovebite there. Once he was finished he pulled back a bit. Sherlock's shirt was now part way open on both the top and the bottom. John's hand had skipped a few buttons in the middle. He had a nice glistening purple mark on his shoulder, and his eyes were rapidly darkening. John wiggled and rolled his hips, acting like he was trying to pull away from Sherlock, but really just pressing their crotches closer together.

"As much as I want to celebrate, Lock, I really ought to answer those questions...it would be the proper thing to do..."

((Maybe have them switch positions from last night's activities? Celebrate John's proposal? Then if we want to write some of the questions out, or just skip to the reporter?))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 am

((I'd like to do some questions, if we can make some good ones up. It can be hilarious, I guess. Maybe the Scotland Yard Gang is on the forum too? xD))

That familiar wave of excitement ran through him when he felt John giving him a lovebite while opening his buttons. Oh, he loved these moments. The beginning of the touching, the kissing, the teasing. The moment that you gain the knowledge that this teasing won't be over until you can't go back anymore. The climax is brilliant, it is the crown, the cherry on the cake after hard work of turning each other on. But the process is more than worth it too.

John's gentle fingers in his neck and on his chest, working on buttons, his lips on his shoulder, they all made him forget to work on John for a moment. He could only throw his head back and hum in delight.

"Uhnf-" Sherlock gasped when John grinded their groins together. With still his hands on John's ass, he did a good deal of helping John stay in that position. He snapped his head back and looked John in the eyes. His pupils were dark and he knew his own were dilated very far too. And he was calling him Lock...

"Hmmm, don't be ridiculous. Your body language is very convincingly telling me otherwise."

Sherlock took the liberty of giving John's great ass a good squeeze. He released one of his hands from John's ass and trailed it up to John's back. He let it slip under John's jumper, got hold of the hem and tried to pull it swiftly over John's head. It didn't work out quite well, but it made the reunion of their bodies even sweeter.

Sherlock had gotten enough of his sanity back again to help John out. He attacked John's neck with his lips, kissing, nipping and licking the lean skin there. He unbuttoned the buttons of John's shirt until halfway with one hand, the other still in John's backpocket. He rolled his hips against John's while giving pressure from the other hand. They both groaned and bucked their hips again, longing for friction.

"What about a repeat of last night?"

((Reversing positions ok with me :)))

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 am

((Having the Yard on their could definitely be fun :) ))

"Guess I can't fool you," John sighs as Sherlock squeezes his ass and pulls him close.

When Sherlock starts covering his neck in licks, kisses, and bites John pulls the rest of Sherlock's shirt off and runs his fingers along Sherlock's sides. He trails them slowly up, then lets his nails scratch lightly on the way down.

"That sounds amazing, but I want to change something."

John raises a hand to Sherlock's face and gently guides it away from his neck so he can look Sherlock in the eye.

"I want you to top this time. I want to feel you inside me, I want to give myself over to you entirely."

John's face and voice are passionate and sincere, he smiles softly and leans forward to press a chaste kiss to Sherlock's lips.
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:55 am

Shivers ran down his spine when John stroked him with the lightest of touch. He exhaled shakily in shallow breaths.

Sherlock had half-expected this. It was just far too arousing and sweet and lovely of John to say it.

"I can't deny such a sweet and sexy request." Sherlock hummed after John had kissed him ever so innocent.

"I am going to have sex with my fiancé." Sherlock growled, not able to contain his arousal anymore. Sherlock kissed him again, now heated and passionate. His hand cupped John's head in his neck while kissing him. Then, he took his hand and tugged him to the bedroom.

"Bedroom's this way."

------

Still shaking from their explosive sex, Sherlock collapses next to John. John looked absolutely ravished. His hair was all spiky, his head shining from sweat, his eyes sparkled and a blissful smile on his lips. Sherlock kissed those lips softly as a token of love and gratitude. He had totally lost himself to all the incentives of the new experience. He hoped he hadn't hurt John.

"You OK?"

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am

John's mind is still humming with pleasure from his orgasm. He can feel a bit of soreness down below, but it's good- sort of like the soreness he'll feel in his arms and legs after a workout, not real pain, just letting him know that his muscles have been used and need rest now. In any case, the pleasure far outweighed any other feelings.

John tilts his head over to look at Sherlock.

"That was amazing. I would lean over and kiss you right now, but honestly I feel like all my limbs have turned to lead, very, very good feeling lead. That is much more tiring than I would have predicted, but fantastic."

John lets out a very content sigh. He finally musters up enough energy to roll himself over a bit and snuggle up against Sherlock.

"Mmmm, I am probably the luckiest bastard in the world, being engaged to you. How many people can claim that their fiance is a genius, unbelievably gorgeous, just plain amazing at sex, romantic, attentive, protective, adorably possessive at times...and constantly surprising me every day. Also, not only am I engaged to this amazing person, but he really loves me, in a way no else ever has, definitely the luckiest man ever."
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 am

Sherlock grinned smugly. He knew he had an ego damn well, but hearing that he was 'plainly good at sex' without much experience on beforehand, was still one of the best things to hear of his lover. He lazily stroked the curve of John's spine with his fingertips.

"I am flattered, thank you, love." Sherlock gave a kiss on John's forehead. Had he called him 'love' before? He couldn't remember. It didn't felt weird or abnormal though.

"Who had known I would ever get engaged in the first place? And if I would get engaged, I had not expected to get engaged with such a kind, adorably cute, sexy soldier and brilliant doctor, brave, protective partner who truly loves me like no one ever did and voluntary wants to put up with me, despite the limbs in the kitchen, the experiments, the crimes and blood and my behaviour and that he loves me for it. I am the luckiest man alive to have found, despite all the expectations, true love."

Sherlock huffed with a big smile on his face.

"God, that sounds sentimental. You've obviously had an influence on me. And I don't know for sure if I want to change that."

He gave another kiss on John's forehead and closed his eyes.

"I could lie here all day. I have no wish to answer those idiotic questions when I can lie with the absolute sexgod that is my fiancé in bed."

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am

John gave a little chuckle at Sherlock's words- 'true love', he had never really thought it existed, thought believing in it was just naive.

However, if it did exist, if it was real...well, he thought that it must feel like what he has with Sherlock, because he can't imagine anything better. Sherlock understood him, cared for him, really loved him. It's not to say that things were always perfect- they still had little fights, and sometimes bigger fights, but 9 times out of 10 those fights were about something like taking too large of a risk on a case, they fought because they were worried about each other, and they always ended up apologizing. They got angry quickly, but also got over it quickly. They loved each other enough to turn the little annoyances into fond quirks.

That's what John would guess true love was, not a perfect fairytale relationship where everything was sunny and happy, but finding someone you really fit with, who complimented you and completed you, someone who made you be the best version of yourself because they were worth effort.

"It is sentimental. It's ok though, I never said stuff like this before either...or well maybe I did sometimes, but I never meant it. You're the only person I've been with who's made me want to spout out all this sentimental drivel because I feel it all so strongly, I can't keep it from you. I feel like a character in a bad paperback romance novel, but...well, I've never been happier."

John gives Sherlock a playful grin.

"Ah well, I guess we'll just have to continue being bad influences on each other, if it makes us both happy. At this rate, by the time the wedding comes around we'll probably both be so sappy we'll end up singing our vows, make complete fools of ourselves."

John giggles at being called a 'sexgod', then groans at the reminder of the questions.

"We should probably just get them over with, that way we can stop thinking about them. Come on, lets move out to the couch. I can get dinner started, we can answer the questions while it's cooking, eat, and then spend the rest of the evening just relaxing. Maybe you can make another endeavor to explain to me how the experiment with the snake venom works. If you actually wear a shirt this time, I may end up paying attention to the experiment instead of your chest."

((So I have had one or two ideas for questions if we want to write a few))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 pm